Possible Oblivion Jack Harper figure from Play Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
d74f5c2934a2c72a5c9cd3121156346d.jpg
5c6ef85e4c9605a329eeac2ba3477f07.jpg
39a22d9e76e6da60aca042c26ee473ca.jpg
ed719a8c1ea8fb739543a514def89196.jpg
Jack (finally) arrived this morning. I few very minor gripes aside, I'm really pleased. Looks fantastic. Fortunately, the head on mine was perfect, no issues, great sculpt and paintwork. Hope you guys with qc problems get them sorted soon.

How are the wrist pegs on yours?
It was hard work getting the ungloved hands off them in the first instance. I had to use a hairdryer on them and then on the gloved hands to get the pegs into them. I agree they are a little on the loose side, not helped by how weighty his rifle is. That said, I don't think they're so loose that the hands would just drop off / out.

Hi!
I'm new here.
I love the photos you've posted of the figure.
I pre-ordered mine in June last year, I hope my seller sends it to me soon.
This will be my second action figure. I have Medicom Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - Ethan Hunt RAH Figure and I love it, I hope this one is so amazing too.

Well, I had a really frustrating hour and a half with this figure. It arrived today, and I finally had a chance to open it. It looked fantastic. BUT... one elbow as backward. The jacket was too tight to just turn the arm... so I thought I needed to take the jacket off. HUGE mistake. There's no way this thing is ever zipping up again. I'm extremely frustrated. I've tried and tried but it just won't catch. There's no tab to slot into the zipper. I guess it's just supposed to grab the teeth? At this point I'm just over it. I guess I can contact KG about trying to get a replacement jacket. Not sure if the zipper was just full there to begin with or if that's just how the stupid thing is supposed to work. It's sad because the rest of the figure looks great.

Well, I had a really frustrating hour and a half with this figure. It arrived today, and I finally had a chance to open it. It looked fantastic. BUT... one elbow as backward. The jacket was too tight to just turn the arm... so I thought I needed to take the jacket off. HUGE mistake. There's no way this thing is ever zipping up again. I'm extremely frustrated. I've tried and tried but it just won't catch. There's no tab to slot into the zipper. I guess it's just supposed to grab the teeth? At this point I'm just over it. I guess I can contact KG about trying to get a replacement jacket. Not sure if the zipper was just full there to begin with or if that's just how the stupid thing is supposed to work. It's sad because the rest of the figure looks great.
Yeah, I had that issue too. I nearly unzipped the jacket a couple of times, but didn't want to force it. Managed to work the arms into a workable position by shifting them incrementally around very slowly, but still not perfect. Sorry to hear your issue, but really glad I didn't take the jacket off now.

You can get the zipper back on Jon Wes. I unzipped my as my art was backwards too and I got him zipped back up no worries. Put the figure on your lap with the head towards you and try to tread the zipper from your point of view so to speak. Take your time.

With regards to my head issue, they are saying that it will take a while to replace the head with the factor due to Chinese new year. Which given they have other figures in stock, is not cool I feel. So I asked them to replace the head on mine with their own stock and then seek a replacement head from factory. Is that unreasonable of me?
I am also afraid that my eBay claim window will close. They said they check the boxes but clearly not well enough.

You can get the zipper back on Jon Wes. I unzipped my as my art was backwards too and I got him zipped back up no worries. Put the figure on your lap with the head towards you and try to tread the zipper from your point of view so to speak. Take your time.

With regards to my head issue, they are saying that it will take a while to replace the head with the factor due to Chinese new year. Which given they have other figures in stock, is not cool I feel. So I asked them to replace the head on mine with their own stock and then seek a replacement head from factory. Is that unreasonable of me?
I am also afraid that my eBay claim window will close. They said they check the boxes but clearly not well enough.
Hmm, that's a bit rough if they've got others in stock.

I have pointed this out to them so I am awaiting a reply. I just worry they will drag things out past the point of being covered.
Takes the shine off what really is a pretty great figure.

I have pointed this out to them so I am awaiting a reply. I just worry they will drag things out past the point of being covered.

You now have a six month window to file a claim on EBay using PayPal for item not received or item not as discribed. The dispute time was expanded A while back.

Last edited:
Yeah, I had that issue too. I nearly unzipped the jacket a couple of times, but didn't want to force it. Managed to work the arms into a workable position by shifting them incrementally around very slowly, but still not perfect. Sorry to hear your issue, but really glad I didn't take the jacket off now.

Yeah, if I had to do it again I may have just pulled the lower arm off (as it comes out easily enough) through the sleeve and just rotated it around that way. But who knew the jacket would be so annoying! LOL

Man, I feel like I tried it every which way. Can I ask, what did you end up threading into the zipper? Just the start of the teeth? Or was there some sort of tab or bit of cloth to start things out? It just looks kind of rough down there. I just don't know if there's anything for the zipper to grab ahold of as I have tried feeding just the teeth into it and get nowhere.

65a79231-f1e2-4285-beb0-47092fd8a6f5.jpg

Mine threaded in pretty easily but I see yours is all messed up. I am afraid to open my jacket again now.

I wonder if you applied some glue to the bottom of the teeth there and essentially fashion a tab can be treaded into the zipper?

Mine threaded in pretty easily but I see yours is all messed up. I am afraid to open my jacket again now.

I wonder if you applied some glue to the bottom of the teeth there and essentially fashion a tab can be treaded into the zipper?

Hmmm... that's not a bad idea. I may try that. Haven't heard back from KG hobby yet, but I'm guessing I'd be in the same boat as you if they are waiting for replacement stock. They just need to open a figure up and give you the head and me the jacket!

Now how you are going to do that without sticking your fingers together I have no idea! :D

Ha! Well, I'll just assume that's going to happen and be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't. ;)

Back