Figures you regret selling

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike86

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
If there’s already a thread for this I apologize but I couldn’t find it. I recently started to play Batman: Arkham Asylum yet again and I still love it in spite of having played it many times over.

It made me think to myself I had the Hot Toys VGM27 Joker figure and I stupidly sold it off a couple years ago when I was going through a purge. I kick myself for it now and wish I had kept it because it’s a great figure and I kind of want it back.

So inspiration for the thread. Any figures you’ve parted ways with that you wish you hadn’t?

I have some regrets regarding parting with all my dragon ball z figuarts. Mainly cause of just how low I let them go for LOL. To be fair it was to a friend so I'm happy I was able to hook him up. But I dunno, seeing the line grow over the years it does make me wish I stayed all in. For how much Dragon Ball meant to me growing up it does bother me I don't have a decent shelf dedicated to it. The only figures I still have are Roshi and Goku!

That being said, it's not a 100% regret because that was before I got really into the 1/6 scene-- Figuarts on top of collecting Hot Toys, Threezero, Marvel Legends, NECA turtles, etc. I just can't justify plunging into another pricey line like that, again.

(repost)

Gu9zYPh.jpg

This guy.

He was my favorite M.U.S.C.L.E. man as a child. I foolishly traded him to a neighborhood kid for five of his mediocre figures. It was an instant regret and taught me a big lesson in quality vs quantity. A few years ago, a friend of mine was selling his old figures and was kind enough to give me this one.

I have owned many extravagant figures and statues over the years, but this one little M.U.S.C.L.E. man always brings me back and humbles me when the world starts to get too big.

(repost)

Gu9zYPh.jpg

This guy.

He was my favorite M.U.S.C.L.E. man as a child. I foolishly traded him to a neighborhood kid for five of his mediocre figures. It was an instant regret and taught me a big lesson in quality vs quantity. A few years ago, a friend of mine was selling his old figures and was kind enough to give me this one.

I have owned many extravagant figures and statues over the years, but this one little M.U.S.C.L.E. man always brings me back and humbles me when the world starts to get too big.

Dude, I loved MUSCLE figures. Do you remember GUTS? Also there were those ant figures but they were soldiers, something like that.

A kitbashed Hot Toys Police Station Assault T-800, the customized headsculpt of which was, IMO, better than the official one Hot Toys ended up making. It was actually just the BD head from MMS136 with the blood removed and an endoskeleton eye installed.

Dutch from Predator, it was my first Hot toys figure, i had coveted it for months before I could afford it, I was really depressed when it was time to mail it to the buyer.
I wish Hot toys can make a version 2;0

No regrets with the ones Ive sold on. Not like I have an emotional connection with any of this stuff. Having said that, I will probably never get rid of my HT Tech Noir Arnie fig. :exactly: He was really the figure that started the ball rolling with me, So I guess I do have an emotional connection after all. :lol

I’ve regretted selling stuff at times, especially when I watch something that tugs at why you originally bought it. However, I usually tend to also regret rebuying and eventually move to sell it again.

Last edited:
M117 T-800 and the T-1000. (Ended up reacquiring them later on.)

Most of the "Rogue One" figures. (Ended up reacquiring Deluxe Jyn and Krennic and "The Mandalorian" versions of the Shore Troopers and Death Troopers...)

The one that I still haven't reacquired and likely won't be able to is the Imperial Disguise Jyn.

HT Commander Cody. I’ve sold many figure to make room or pay off debt, but Cody is the one I keep thinking was in error. I may score Vaughn since it’s basically the same but different color scheme and no portrait, but I am sure it wouldn’t be the same. My rationale was that the joints weren’t ratcheted. And I’m hopeful for other clones I really, really wanted, like Bly and Gree. Dumb…

This is another one where I have a list as long as my arm but these all go back to the early to mid 90's now when I didn't realise what I was doing.

Basically back in the day when I was getting heavily into video games on the SNES/Megadrive etc. we used to regularly do Boot Sales (Yard/Garage Sales to you) & anyway to help fund the interest in games & the fact that I was getting into my middle teens I decided to sell up all of my toys so off we went & I got rid of my collections (which were bloody massive at the time) of -

Transformers
M.A.S.K
Centurions
Action Force (GI Joe)
Turtles
Visionaries
Starcom
Dino Riders

I'm mortified at what I got rid of & thinking about it now just makes me sick as I'll never be able to recoup any of it at current prices.

I frequently wish I could go back & slap little me around the head & tell me to keep it all...not just for the value side but simply because I have honestly regretted it ever since I did it

The worst bit is that even the games I used the money to buy got sold on or traded for new stuff so I can't even say I now have a collection of Retro games that are worth anything :(

Hindsight is a *****! lol 😭😭😭

Neil

I didn't sell them, but I moved a few years ago, and I accidentally left my Mezco Hellboy collection when the attic cleaners came. I'm still very bummed about that.

Back