Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never even plug my PS3 in...mostly a blu-ray player. After finishing God of War 3 i went back to playing Modern Warfare 2on the 360. I'll end up getting Red Dead on the 360 also...my PS3 is a dust factory and well as i said blu-ray player.

With mine, I turned it on and put MW2 disc in. Forgot about it and went upstairs for a few hours, I think. Came down and tried to play but the game froze. I thought it was the usual crap, y'know. Reset the PS3, no games showing on the XMB! Gutted! Knew instantly that i'd got the common problem. :(

Had this happen to me last night I was playing MLB 10 The Show and pressed the ps button to quit the game to the XMB and my system reset. When I went to update my trophies I noticed no game showing up and now they want $150 to fix it for the second time in as many years for the same problem.

I haven't even rung Sony yet to see how much they want to fix it. When i've asked around i've heard numbers from £60 to £160, :(

Just picked me up a PS3 last Monday. Over the past two weeks I've accumulated a good selection of games. So far I'm loving it! I haven't played a game yet that I didn't like and to me, the graphics just look cleaner than those on the 360. I think I'll still use my 360 for the exclusives and for online play, but everything else I play will be on the PS3.

When I do actually play my PS3 i really only use it for single player games and the 360 gets all multiplayer stuff. I dont bother with the PS3 network

Alright...we know you hate your PS3 :lol

Never had any problems with the PSN network myself. It's always been awesome.

When I do actually play my PS3 i really only use it for single player games and the 360 gets all multiplayer stuff. I dont bother with the PS3 network

I've been using the Ps3 network since launch, it at first it was inferior to the 360's, however it has grown and at this point has a lot to offer without any subscription.

I've been using the Ps3 network since launch, it at first it was inferior to the 360's, however it has grown and at this point has a lot to offer without any subscription.

Plus you can't download demos on 360 until a week later unless you have gold! which i found out when i cancelled my live account. :ohbfrank:

Did they ever say when Modern Warfare 2 is gonna get a map pack??? I've been playing this lately, and the maps are so stale now I almost can't play anymore.

I just upgraded my fat PS3 for a PS3 slim -- totally worth it! Old machine used to get hot and noisy. New machine is quite and cool to the touch and even boots up faster!

Alright...we know you hate your PS3 :lol

Never had any problems with the PSN network myself. It's always been awesome.

Nah I dont hate my PS3, I actually love it just seems everything I want to play comes out on the 360 and while I wait for something I care about on the PS3 just gets the blu-ray treatment.

Yeah see and as far as the Modern Warfare 2 maps...i mean there done and played thru to boredom on the 360...already waiting for something new. As for the PS network, i havent had any problems with it, i just find it rather
slow as compared to LIVE.

Ive been looking for some older used single player games to pick up for it, any suggestions.
The only games I have for it so far are, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of war box set, God of war 3, Killzone2, Lair, Valkryie Chronicles, Darksiders.

Nah I dont hate my PS3, I actually love it just seems everything I want to play comes out on the 360 and while I wait for something I care about on the PS3 just gets the blu-ray treatment.

Yeah see and as far as the Modern Warfare 2 maps...i mean there done and played thru to boredom on the 360...already waiting for something new. As for the PS network, i havent had any problems with it, i just find it rather
slow as compared to LIVE.

Ive been looking for some older used single player games to pick up for it, any suggestions.
The only games I have for it so far are, Metal Gear Solid 4, God of war box set, God of war 3, Killzone2, Lair, Valkryie Chronicles, Darksiders.

Uncharted Drakes Fortune and Resistance Fall of Man are two classics to get on the PS3.

I'll have to check out uncharted, would you say both are awesome do I need to play the first uncharted to get into the 2nd one. Which one is more bang for the buck :D

Both are awesome. Its been a while since I played the second one so I can't remember if its necessary to play the first one. I think you can get the first one for $19.99 as its a greatest hits game.

ratchet and clank series are good too imo.

Back