Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i bought my first PS3 last week.
I got the factory 250GB with 2 free games God Of War 3 and Red Dead Redemption.
Funny thing is i haven't even hooked it up and I don't have any Blue-ray movies yet.

Am I the only person that really doesn't care about the current 3D technology?

I think Sony is going to learn the hard way that you are not alone.

The 3DS interests me though because it does not require glasses or to have me buy a new $1000+ TV.

I right there with you. I couldn't care less to be honest. I don't have the desire to see movies in 3-D, and I'm definitely not interested in playing a video game in 3-D.

It's the craze right now though, so more power to them I guess.

I'm not really into the 3D craze right now either, but I can see it blowing up and potentially becoming more than a craze / fad. After seeing Shrek in IMAX 3D, I wished I had gone to see Avatar in IMAX 3D. I enjoyed it in Blu Ray on my 73" 1080P, but I wonder how much better it would have been in IMAX 3D.

If course, having only seen Shrek and Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D, I may not be the best to offer an opinion.

3D is a fad. I think Sony is gonna blow it with the PS3 this year.

No I've been saying it since last year when everyone was talking about how awesome the new 3D tvs are going to be. Sure, it looks much better than the old 3D crap, but you still have to sit there with glasses on your face, which I get headaches with after an hour or so.

Same here man...if I have to wear glasses over my other glasses when I play...no thanks. I dont care to see movies in 3D either...its the trend and well its making money so everyone wants a cut. I can do without.

^^Too true. I went and saw Clash of the Titans in 3D and had to take the glasses off every 20 minutes or so. I'll probably go see Tron in 3D, but for the most part I avoid these movies like the plague. $14 a ticket isn't worth the headache for me.

lol, totally agree man along with all those other complaints, the price is what usually keeps me away as well. The last movie I seen in 3D was Avatar and that was because I was with Bam, she knows I dont care for the 3D.

I think Sony is going to learn the hard way that you are not alone.

The 3DS interests me though because it does not require glasses or to have me buy a new $1000+ TV.

I dont really either, but I just got a new TV and well its a 3D TV. I could have saved a few hundred dollars and got last years with no 3d but figured it was better to have the option for 3d down the road in case I want it. So its kinda nice that the PS3 will do 3d so I dont need a 3d blu ray player. Now if the glasses would drop in price I might get some.

I saw Avatar in 3D, and it was cool and all, but I have no interest in watching everything in 3D.

I'm not crazy about motion controllers either.

Back