Phase 1 Echo and Fives 1/6th Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree and had planned to display with helmets on. But then I got them and after playing around with poses I really liked seeing their faces (mainly fives as he was always a favourite from Clone Wars). I guess doing a casual pose it's more in character for these guys to have the helmets off. The ARC's though, they will be displayed with helmets on.

I do plan in the future to pose them with the deluxe 501st trooper and the original 501st trooper (bought a spare 501st phase 1 helmet for that one) and possibly Denal and all of those will have helmets on. Five troopers with unique paint schemes should look pretty cool.

True and the reason I got into Clones is because they look awesome in groups! SS gotta make some ship environment for Clones with display with.

In due time, I hope to buy a few of the newer phase 2 helmets for my 501st. I pass on Denal tho.

I got mine in on Friday. They look FANTASTIC. Especially with my Captain Rex and 501st trooper. I'll post up photos when I get some of mine.

Okay guys I'm kinda torn. I have my first flex due on these...but my budget is a little tight. Are these expected to stick around a bit? I only have a Vet, a 501st and Wolffe right now so was thinking I can wait on these, but I don't think I wanna miss out altogether. Was hoping I could pick them up later. Just wondering your thoughts on them selling out.

Okay guys I'm kinda torn. I have my first flex due on these...but my budget is a little tight. Are these expected to stick around a bit? I only have a Vet, a 501st and Wolffe right now so was thinking I can wait on these, but I don't think I wanna miss out altogether. Was hoping I could pick them up later. Just wondering your thoughts on them selling out.
No, and unless you just hate ph2 helmets, I wouldnt worry, pick up the new Rex and these guys in ARC version when they come out, I think it will be a much better display considering what you already have. Its not like you're locked in on Ep2 or early season clones atm.

Re: SSC Echo and Fives 1/6th -Order Now!

Thanks for the out-of-box shot, Daz....not many pics of these guys in here. Want to pull the trigger, but want to see more first....do many folks have this set?
Where's the pics?

I think SS shot itself in the foot by announcing the phase II set. A lot of people who might have bought this I think have now decided to just get the Phase II instead. :dunno

The ARC announcement did not deter me from getting this set but i admit i'm a sucker for clones. A great addition if you already have Phase I Rex and a few Phase I officers and DX.

Here you go Jedibear :)

DAN_3643.jpgDAN_3644.jpgDAN_3646.jpg

They looks very good! Nice shot, Daz!

Thanks 6Series :)

Guess these guys have been overshadowed by the Arc Trooper announcement but I still think they are solid clones
and good value. I know the head-sculpts come in for some bashing but I like the new style. I never wanted to use anything
other than the helmet on my clone till Wolffe, Echo and Fives.

Thanks 6Series :)

Guess these guys have been overshadowed by the Arc Trooper announcement but I still think they are solid clones
and good value. I know the head-sculpts come in for some bashing but I like the new style. I never wanted to use anything
other than the helmet on my clone till Wolffe, Echo and Fives.

Welcome Daz!

I am still going ahead with this set and going to PO both the ARC's! Hope there will be no other Clones for a while to come, my wallet needs to rest! LOL

Arrived this morning but had to work through a 14 hour shift. Couple of shots before bed!

Paint apps not great on the Echo sculpt - looks dirty and not in a good way but wasn't going to use them anyway.

View attachment 120492 View attachment 120493

Sorry it was a long day and I needed some shut eye

View attachment 120535

View attachment 120536

Thanks for all of the shots there, Daz (and everyone else). Think I'm finally convinced to pull the trigger here....they look pretty good and I''ve got a feeling we're not going to see much more in the way of Clone Wars figures since the focus from Sideshow (and HT) seems to be OT stuff.

Still wish the stands "Said "Clone Wars" though...wonder what happened with that?

Last edited:
Well, the trigger's been pulled and they're here!
Just a quick shot and a few thoughts for tonight....

First impressions....good, very good. Nice set, especially for th money....when you consider that one clone is averaging $150 these day, for $30 more , you're getting two complete clones with gear, a head portrait and a helmet....pretty good deal if you're into these clones (like I am). Add the increased rewards and...it was too hard to say "no", especially when I dig the characters.

The portraits are great....unique (but not overdone) expressions, clean paint apps. the armor is also good...just enough distressing/ "battle damage" without looking like someone went crazy with a sharpie. The armor and the weapons seems to be the same improved quality featured on the deluxe clones...a nice touch.

Looking forward to getting some more shots of these two and getting Phase I Rex into the mix....

If you like clones, this is a good set...looking forward to the Phase II versions now....

Fives look bothers me a little when i stare at him from close range. Right eye is especially disturbing. Can't tell if it comes from the mold or the paint app as the proto was more convincing.

Fives look bothers me a little when i stare at him from close range. Right eye is especially disturbing. Can't tell if it comes from the mold or the paint app as the proto was more convincing.

Have to agree. I love my clones but these 2 just don't appeal. Their ARC look on the other hand looks amazing.

Guess I'm in the minority here...I like the distinctive look that Fives has...that arched brow gives him some character. I don't think it's a "bad mold" or anything....and as for the paint apps....I think both of the figures in this set sport some of the best factory paint apps on "human" portraits I've seen from Sideshow. Clean, not caked on, no "red" lips or "doll dots", eyes that look proportioned to the figure's face...

...may not come across so well in my pics...but when the figures are in front of you, I think they look great...

I'm with you Jedibear. I can see why people rage about these SSC portraits, when you see some of the photos that are posted. But they just don't look like that in hand. Super close-ups and lens distortion is not how the human eye sees. Guess as long as we're happy with is all that matters :)

No doubt both HS are excellent. Fives right eye is the only part that's bothering me. Upper eyelid looks like Fives got wounded or had surgery. Otherwise a solid figure.

Stop posting pictures please.

Makes me want to buy them even more. Have these guys go with Phase I Rex and the ARCs go with Phase II Rex.

Back