Pacific Rim: Uprising - March 23, 2018

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pacific Rim 2

PR much better than new Godzilla but sequel won't happen, this will go on for years and years

What about rotten onion in dog poo? :dunno

giphy.gif

I actually liked Godzilla better, not that much but they're fun in their own way, I don't have to choose.

Wtf no del Toro?

Well, hopefully this means Del Toro will be doing JL Dark or teaming up with Kojima for a game.

pretty excited about this news, this dude seems to have a lot more charisma than any of the other leads from the last film, hopefully this is a sign they are going to liven up the performances a bit. Also like the bit about him playing the son of Stacker.

https://deadline.com/2016/06/john-boyega-pacific-rim-sequel-star-wars-the-force-awakens-1201767756/

...if people thought the over acting was bad in the first film...hoooooo boy hold on to your butts :lol

pretty excited about this news, this dude seems to have a lot more charisma than any of the other leads from the last film, hopefully this is a sign they are going to liven up the performances a bit. Also like the bit about him playing the son of Stacker.

https://deadline.com/2016/06/john-boyega-pacific-rim-sequel-star-wars-the-force-awakens-1201767756/

Neat. I liked the first movie. :D

I would really like it if they brought back Rinko Kikuchi. :drool

images

Didn't care for his bad over acting TFA so not excited about him being the lead here. We'll see I guess.

Boyega was serviceable in TFA but let's be honest, a tree would be a better choice for the lead role than Charlie Hunnam. Hopefully getting Boyega signed brings this film closer to a full green light, quite enjoyed the first film.

I liked Pacific Rim as a fun popcorn movie, so nice to see the sequel getting made. Boyega should be good, and he's more versatile than a lot of folks give him credit for. Hope they bring back Rinko, but they also need a well rounded and charismatic cast to make up for some of the wooden acting. My only issue with sequels like this one and Independence Day is that the world comes to the brink of destruction in the originals, with humanity barely getting by by a whisper. Then the sequel has to up the stakes, usually with the enemy coming back bigger, badder, smarter, and much more pissed off. If you barely survive the first time (by a fluke, trick or dumb luck), chances are you shouldn't be able to last three seconds the next time out. In ID2 they talk about humanity having 20 years to prepare and being able to reverse engineer the alien tech, but that's like being able to take apart a 1996 Toyota. Meanwhile an immensely technologically advanced alien species with interstellar space travel capability, probably much higher IQs, and 20 years of coming up with new "payback" weaponry has been preparing to wipe the floor with human butt. Same with the PR2 aliens. Whatever new Jaegers humanity could possibly have come up with wouldn't mean jack compared to whatever Kaiju's the aliens would be planning "forget the onesies, twosies, threesies at a time. Just send in a couple of thousand. And while we're at it, let's make 'em three times as big this time. Yep, that ought to do it." Anyway, it's called suspension of disbelief for a reason.

Hell no, Charlie Hunnam's weird delivery was part of the charm of the first one.

If he's not in this I'm out.

Someone forgot to tell Hunnam he's not doing voice dub work for a Gundam episode when they were filming PR :rotfl

Back