Action Figure P1 HS for HT Classic Body - Video added to p. 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: P1 HS for HT Classic Body

This is looking awesome. Out of interest, are you going to do any other projects in the future Predator wise? If you are making your own dreads & dread beads in 1:6 you could please a market on the customs side of things as there is nothing really out there for people wanting more accurate dreads to put on their figures (& if you were to maybe do more accurate longer/thicker super Predator dreads ect).

This is looking awesome. Out of interest, are you going to do any other projects in the future Predator wise? If you are making your own dreads & dread beads in 1:6 you could please a market on the customs side of things as there is nothing really out there for people wanting more accurate dreads to put on their figures (& if you were to maybe do more accurate longer/thicker super Predator dreads ect).

Thanks Kiva! I definitely might do dreads and dreadrings seperately in the future. For right now though, I really want to focus and finish this project :)

After the Predator, I have Blondie (from the Good, the Bad & the Ugly) lined up. Once all of that is squared away, I'll definitely consider doing this. :)

Woo! Good luck with this and all your future projects. Look forward to seeing more :)

Hey guys,

I wanted to give you another little update while the video renders. I am starting to work on the first facial expression (I will be doing 3, so once all 3 are done, please specify which expression you want; I've also updated the interest list in the interest thread).

Here's the first expression:
FacialExpression1.jpg

I can honestly say this one looks spot on.

Thanks so much! I'll render out another video of that head (seeing as I'm adding some finishing touches to that expression) in the next few days :) I really am glad you like it so far! :)

Thanks guys!

@ KORNdog: The dreads will be soft, they'll be made from a silicone compound (this will also keep them nice and shiny).

Looking good! I just don't like the lower mandible teeth, lets say they have much of a tulip form but that's only my opinion. Except this I really like what I see, good work.

Last edited:
Looking good! I just don't like the lower mandible teeth, lets say they have much of a tulip form but that's only my opinion. Except this I really like what I see, good work.

I wasn't sure about them either, they look like a disney cartoon painbrush to me, but its a small issue in an otherwise awesome sculpt.

Curious to see what it looks like printed.

Thanks guys! :)

About the lower mandibles/teeth, I actually worked on them quite a bit and I've also sculpted in a ton of surface detailing. Here's a more recent version, and a good representation of what the raw cast will look like (other than the quills ofcourse, since they would be far too tiny to 3D print and mold + cast):
Pred_Unpainted_zps39efc932.jpg

Speaking of raw casts, I should be getting my test print shortly after Xmas. My printer friend assured me that all of the surface detailing that I did in Zbrush will still transfer to the actual print. I'm super excited to see it!

Stay tuned :)

Would be very interested depending on the final product (lots of pics of the head with dreadlocks on a body).

Also you've made some major (and superobvious) mistakes with jaws and those bony outgrowths of mandibles.
Tho it's too late to fix 'em so who cares...

Would be very interested depending on the final product (lots of pics of the head with dreadlocks on a body).

Also you've made some major (and superobvious) mistakes with jaws and those bony outgrowths of mandibles.
Tho it's too late to fix 'em so who cares...

Thanks for providing feedback after the sculpt is done (especially after I've been asking for feedback for weeks) :p Please do tell me what they are though, I'm intrigued and I do want to make this HS the best around.

Back