Milk magazine interview with JC ,Yulli and Howard Chan- full translation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:banana:banana:banana

Can`t freaking wait for this one,i knew it was coming though,will most likely be a 2 in 1 Rocky 1 with Training and Fight gear.I would love a Street Wear Rocky too,and lastly...Rocky IV Training with beard,who doesn`t want that?!

Don't you think this is more iconic:
stop_or_my_mom_will_shoot_1992_685x385.jpg

A DX of that, with an Estelle Getty second figure (like the DX Joker, Cop outfit), with a PERS system all over her body to mimic Parkinson's and diaper accessories...

That's the Stallone we all love.

I hope when they say classic they mean 'we have borrowed the Indiana Jones licence from Sideshow, as well as finally nabbed the rights to Blade Runner and tim Burton's Batman'.

02 - Howard says that in 2010 the MMS series from Hot Toys will release a series of 1/6 collectibles based on classic movies. What they can reveal now it that a Christopher Reeves Superman & the 1982 Movie Tron are in the works. They are also planning 1/6 products for a series of upcoming blockbusters films. The year 2010 will not be an easy one.

Omg, thank you, ____ing awesome.

:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana
:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

It's great to have confirmation on the Reeve Superman. Now I really want to know what the other "classic movies" they have the licenses for.

01 - J.C Hong says that Yulli & a group of Korean artistes actually have very high level of standards when it comes to head sculpts. Many at times, even though the product has already been approved by the movie company, they (Yulli) will still request to improve the product further.
J.C Hong: If I allow them to take a year or half time to produce a headsculpt, the end result will definitely be very good. But if we are working at such a pace, we will only be able to produce 1 to 3 1/6 products a year. This will not be possible? Under allowable circumstances, we will do our best in the limited time frame, to make every product to a most satisfactory level.

02 - Howard says that in 2010 the MMS series from Hot Toys will release a series of 1/6 collectibles based on classic movies. What they can reveal now it that a Christopher Reeves Superman & the 1982 Movie Tron are in the works. They are also planning 1/6 products for a series of upcoming blockbusters films. The year 2010 will not be an easy one.

ah, u beat me to it. :) though i'm sure your mandarin is way better than mine.

i think the last line had a bit of a double meaning. they're also referring to collectors (and their wallets) having a hard time keeping up with all the new announcements! :D

It's great to have confirmation on the Reeve Superman. Now I really want to know what the other "classic movies" they have the licenses for.

I'd wager Batman 1989 has a good chance of being one of the classic films, based on DCD releasing a bust. I would guess that TDK from Hot Toys paid off well for HT and DCD, so perhaps they'll both explore making money off that film now that the TDK figures have been pretty much covered.

I'd wager Batman 1989 has a good chance of being one of the classic films, based on DCD releasing a bust. I would guess that TDK from Hot Toys paid off well for HT and DCD, so perhaps they'll both explore making money off that film now that the TDK figures have been pretty much covered.

Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman in the same year?!

cantcompute.gif

It's a long shot, but DCD did a Reeves piece recently and Hot Toys is doing that, now DCD is doign a Keaton Batman piece.

I'm just thinking along the lines of HT and Terminator. They recently sold a lot of Terminator Salvation figures, and with the success of that line, they've moved onto past films to keep making money off a popular franchise.

Now that TDK is over, I can see them looking to older Batman films to keep making money off the popularity of Batman. You can get a minimum of 5 figures out of the Burton movies just with 1 version of Batman from each and the key villains.

If Hot Toys gives me figures from:

Spiderman(s)
Superman (Reeve)
Terminator
Terminator 2
1989 Batman

in 2010 & 2011, I will do this ............

9876543.jpg

It'd all be good, but I MUST get this, every other figure HT could offer pales in importance to this.

rambo.jpg

CR Superman > everything else.

I've said the words "dream figure" before, but this would take the cake for me. (even over Spider-Man, and getting those two would make 2010 all WIN)

Back