Big (P1) Predator Project (HS and More) + Animation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralph_Sutter

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've also posted this in the Custom Creations section, but I am currently working on an original Predator in 3D.

My main intent was to just rig him up and animate him (specifically to make an animation that shows the P1 battle sequence through Dutch' point of view).

However, as I was sculpting this guy up, I realized that I could use parts of him to 3D print a bunch of new 1/6 heads (and other accessories). Which I can then use to make molds and cast a bunch of resin components.

Since he is in 3D, I can resize him no problem at all! So he could potentially even be 1/4, 1/3 or 1/2 :)

Here are some WIPs:

Older 3D turntable:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFxPLauKGok[/ame]

Most recent 3D turntable:
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_1QNs4rCSg[/ame]

Most recent image:
PredSneakPeek.jpg

I'll keep this thread updated with the progress, and even though it's still early on in the process I thought I would share it with you guys :) Keep in mind! It is still a work in progress!

Let me know what you think!

- R.

Those 3d printers are going to really change the way this hobby is done.

Great work.:clap

Did you create the 3D Predator 2 model too?

Nah uh! :) This is a first one for me :)

@ Hew and adegregorio: lol :p True :) Still hard work though! I just love how you can resize it with no problems at all! Lots of oppurtunities there. And thank you guys!!! :)

@ Hew and adegregorio: lol :p True :) Still hard work though! I just love how you can resize it with no problems at all! Lots of oppurtunities there. And thank you guys!!! :)

Oh right.:lol

I love me some cool looking 3D designs. What's the next step for this guy now then?

I still need to finish up the initial sculpt, so once that's done, texturing.

Then probably some initial prints at various sizes and some animation work :)

It'll be cool. I'd say the current model is only 60% done, if that. So he'll get way better still :)

I have no doubt about the hard work involved.

But hopefully as 3D printers become more common, the designing software will be easier to use.

I was thinking about starting a thread about 3D printers (don't know if there's one yet).

As far as your project goes,I love the idea and what you have so far. Keep it up!

Looking good Ralph. It looks like it came from the movie set. I really enjoy this project!

Ahh! My bad! :) I guess someone else was called TopKnot on there :)

I love that site though. Thinking of doing a bust sculpt for the members on there to turn into a mask, when the time is right :)

That would be awesome. I wouldn't mind building a suit from there, but the 1/6 world is expensive as it is.

Oh yeah, they cost way too much to put together!

Here's a pretty significant update:
Pred_1_21_Unrendered.jpg

Predator_1_21.jpg

Hope you guys like it! :)

Last edited:
Wow, that's amazing work Ralph. :clap

So, are you able to pose the sculpt once completed, by indicating where an axis of rotation is located on the model?

Back