Milk magazine interview with JC ,Yulli and Howard Chan- full translation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I'm all for Madonna and Audrey Hepburn.

I'm glad there's no market for 1/2 scale busts by them - I'd hate to see them turn to that and sacrifice the 1/6. Seems like they're overworked as it is.

But the bit about making different body types for different characters was very encouraging.

It's also interesting that JC and Yulli work out of Korea and HT is in HK.

I hope they have plans to increase the variety of their true type blanks. We have normal, Narrow shoulder, and slim. But what would be great would be to have their muscle bodies, sculpted neck true type and jointed muscle bodies (wolverine) available as well.

awesome read!!!
just goes to show how much detail and authenticity these guys put into their work!!!
i mean it is a 1/6th figure and i do NOT take them for granted!!!

all truly great artists are never satisfied with their work. which is the reason why hot toys keeps growing from strength to strength.

i wonder what innovation they'll come up with next? "real" hair perhaps? or animatronic limbs...

all truly great artists are never satisfied with their work. which is the reason why hot toys keeps growing from strength to strength.

i wonder what innovation they'll come up with next? "real" hair perhaps? or animatronic limbs...

I'd love to see animatronic head sculpt. Collectors may choose a specific facial expression with a touch of a button ;)

Just thought of something else...was nt this the article where Howard confirmed "The Terminator" and Christopher Reeve Superman?Why no mention of that??

That was a great read!

Only makes me wish Sideshow was that dedicated to product perfection :(

What ever happened to the Icons line, we got James and Marlon.

How bout Marilyn Monroe, Elvis, Frank Sinatra....

Just thought of something else...was nt this the article where Howard confirmed "The Terminator" and Christopher Reeve Superman?Why no mention of that??

A good point. Unless this is a different article, the earlier translations included a discussion involving Reeve's Superman. Is it the same article, part of the article or earlier translation incorrect :huh

Regardless, it is interesting read about HT and their artist. It is refreshing they have a committment to quality and a passion for their work.

Ummm, yeah-
Some confirmation the Reeve was mentioned would be good- I think there will be many dissapointed folk out there if this turned out to be just a rumour...!

Ummm, yeah-
Some confirmation the Reeve was mentioned would be good- I think there will be many dissapointed folk out there if this turned out to be just a rumour...!

I hope it doesn't turn out to be another DX Rocky and Rambo situation where people saw the names in an article and just assumed they were coming. If the CR Superman and Tron figures just turn out to be some sort of mistranslation I'm going to be one sad monkey. :monkey2

There is no Rocky DX, I had posted a translation earlier but seems like nobody bothered to read cos they are too excited about having a Rocky DX.

heres the translation: The last part of the article is basically the author stating that he hope hot toys will do a new rocky but not spent to much effort doing a dx with pers version. Instead he would prefer if they just concentrate a rocky that looks godlike(direct translation a better way of saying would be one that captures the look and majestic rocky)

There does appear to be part of the article after the interview that isn't included in the translation. It does mention Reeve Superman and TRON 1982. It would be great to get an exact translation.
milkarticle.jpg

There does appear to be part of the article after the interview that isn't included in the translation. It does mention Reeve Superman and TRON 1982. It would be great to get an exact translation.
milkarticle.jpg

01 - J.C Hong says that Yulli & a group of Korean artistes actually have very high level of standards when it comes to head sculpts. Many at times, even though the product has already been approved by the movie company, they (Yulli) will still request to improve the product further.
J.C Hong: If I allow them to take a year or half time to produce a headsculpt, the end result will definitely be very good. But if we are working at such a pace, we will only be able to produce 1 to 3 1/6 products a year. This will not be possible? Under allowable circumstances, we will do our best in the limited time frame, to make every product to a most satisfactory level.

02 - Howard says that in 2010 the MMS series from Hot Toys will release a series of 1/6 collectibles based on classic movies. What they can reveal now it that a Christopher Reeves Superman & the 1982 Movie Tron are in the works. They are also planning 1/6 products for a series of upcoming blockbusters films. The year 2010 will not be an easy one.

Back