Official Petition for more NECA aliens and predators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should NECA make the rest of the aliens and predators?

• Aye! Yes, give us Alien and Predator glory!

Votes: 51 91.1%
  • Nay! We can't handle so much goodness!

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
Yesterday I asked NECA on Twitter about a possible P2 figure, and I got this reply:

NECA_TOYS @Predatard it would be 8" like the others if we can get to it. Its on the schedule but we have a lot to finish still before we can start
6 mintues ago

I wish Neca would start focusing on the humans in the Alien and Predator movies. Prefer the colonial marines: Ripley, Hicks, Vasquez, and Hudson. Mcfarlane did a horrible recreation of Hicks. Neca could do a perfect job on all the characters.
I know they are trying to get ther rights to Dutch and that would be perfect for the Predator figure franchise.

I wish Neca would start focusing on the humans in the Alien and Predator movies. Prefer the colonial marines: Ripley, Hicks, Vasquez, and Hudson. Mcfarlane did a horrible recreation of Hicks. Neca could do a perfect job on all the characters.
I know they are trying to get ther rights to Dutch and that would be perfect for the Predator figure franchise.

A final battle muddy version would be most welcomed. Must include lots of accessories.

Yesterday I asked NECA on Twitter about a possible P2 figure, and I got this reply:

NECA_TOYS @Predatard it would be 8" like the others if we can get to it. Its on the schedule but we have a lot to finish still before we can start
6 mintues ago

wooow, great news.

19" P2 & Elder sculpted by tankman please :) ... and while you're at it a tankman 1/4 scale Queen too :lol

I have a good feeling that NECA's gonna' give me MY DEFINITIVE Alien Queen.
So, she shall be 6" scale, no doubt. She'll be about 14" give-or-take.

But here's the real question... with such a beautiful sculpt, could THEY be the ones to deliver my long-awaited 1/6 SCALE Queen?
This is far into the future, mind you, but I recall the Balrog to go with a different company's figures and everything...

^ Wont ever happen. Aliens and Predators are cheap. The actual actors...are not.

Yep, what CP said.

You won't see ALIEN/PREDATOR series human figures from NECA.

I don't understand why they can't do a Dutch. They have the licences for Terminator....so why not Predator?

Different license holders probably. Also, THE TERMINATOR is the main and most popular character in the terminator series, so it would make sense to get a likeness of the actor who portrayed it. Dutch... While he is cool and is integral to the predator story, most people don't know who he is and would just want a predator figure, instead of a person who fought the predator.

I thought NECA were trying to get Dutch made?? Was this wrong or have they failed to secure his likeness rights for that character or what?

I don't understand why they can't do a Dutch. They have the licences for Terminator....so why not Predator?

Fox owns Predator and all the characters, some other company owns The Terminator and all it's characters, and another company owns T2 and all it's characters.

So they have to go through FOX, to go through agents, to go through Arnold to approve it. It all costs a ton of money, and a lot of time.

NECA is okay, hard to really get excited about anything NECA when Hot Toys is around....

My three favorite franchises (Terminator, predator, alien) are all made by neca more accurately than hot toys, so that is why I prefer them.

Hot toys does have some really cool stuff though, I saw the joker in a comic store the other day and I had difficulty not buying it! Their john connor and marcus wright figures are also really cool too.

Well, then good luck on waiting for something that'll A- Never come, and B- Most likely will have terrible paint apps.

NECA is okay, hard to really get excited about anything NECA when Hot Toys is around....

The thing you have to ask is are you still interested in the smaller scale, all sculpted figures? I found I still was even after jumping up to Hot Toys. I want to continue what I started in the smaller scale with the Alien, Predator and Terminator franchises and also have their larger higher-end counterparts. I think it makes a pretty cool collection.

I used too...but all new stuff looks terrible. The paint is incredibly godawful. I used to love to repaint and all that....but now that I have HT, and used to pretty much perfection right out of the box, I have little intrest. I'll pick up the 18incher...maybe that 2-pack....but eh.

I don't think they ever look as bad in person as in people's flash photographs. I don't know why anyone uses flash on anything let alone NECA figures - it makes even Hot Toys look cheap.

I don't think they ever look as bad in person as in people's flash photographs. I don't know why anyone uses flash on anything let alone NECA figures - it makes even Hot Toys look cheap.

When I first saw the HT T-600 in photos it was with flash and it looked like crapola, just like playmates. Then you see it in real life or in a photo without flash, and OMG... :panic:

So I never really judge new neca figures until I see them IRL. Most turn out to be good (classic predator, for example) some turn out to be just as bad (first wave berserker...).

The thing you have to ask is are you still interested in the smaller scale, all sculpted figures? I found I still was even after jumping up to Hot Toys. I want to continue what I started in the smaller scale with the Alien, Predator and Terminator franchises and also have their larger higher-end counterparts. I think it makes a pretty cool collection.

NECA's figures may be more accurate , but at the end of the day they aren't as cool as hot toys. When people into my room they notice my hot toys figures, not my pretty big NECA collection. My hot toys Bezerker is just so much cooler then the neca Version. I own both and I don't really that neca is technically more accurate, it's just not as cool looking.

Back