"Aliens" - 25th Anniversary Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Aliens" Turns 25 Next Year!

Alien 3 was actually really good for me, since it tied up a ribbon around the series and finalized it. Most people didn't recieve it very well, but it was my favorite. And the end wasn't actually too bad; Ripley ended up giving her life to destroy her enemy and everything afterwards --including the Company and its research -- went under.

But. They. Killed. Newt and HICKS! :gah:

I won't lie; the movie was a downer. Gothic and damp, but that was the point. No hope left. Whatever happens on that godforsaken planet is what seals off the entire original plot of the Alien saga. And killing off two main characters (while being an almost unthinkable thing to do) really set the tone and the stage for the end.

I won't lie; the movie was a downer. Gothic and damp, but that was the point. No hope left. Whatever happens on that godforsaken planet is what seals off the entire original plot of the Alien saga. And killing off two main characters (while being an almost unthinkable thing to do) really set the tone and the stage for the end.

If you enjoyed it, more power to ya. I just thought the whole "Ripley as Jesus" thing was almost laughable and it probably would've been if the movie wasn't so predictable and boring.

Alien 3 was ok. Nothing even close to the first two, but it's not a horrible movie or anything. I thought the idea of a prison planet was pretty cool, just fell short of the greatness of the others.

They need to rename this site BATMAN FREAKS because EVERY conversation at one time or another turns into a Dark Knight related wank fest.

I was being facetious, but you didn't get it. :lol

But yeah, ALIENS is a good flick. BUT IS IT A CLASSIC? I should start a poll.

I was being facetious, but you didn't get it. :lol

But yeah, ALIENS is a good flick. BUT IS IT A CLASSIC? I should start a poll.

Oh yeah, I got the joke. Go look at the Batman thread. Hahahahahahaha.

I think that's the problem for me though. I didn't see them when I was young. They were hyped like crazy when I did get around to seeing them and they just didn't do much for me. Decent for me is all I could muster.

I have tons of friends who are exactly the same , they'll watch Alien or Aliens and can't understsand why I like them so much as to have the sideshow dio stuck above my bed. :lol
They didn't grow up watching the movies or seeing them ever in fact and now simply can't get into them.
Predator on the other hand is a different story and I think anyone at any time can enjoy that since it's simply pure action where alien and aliens takes a little more concentration imo , they're ( ALIEN ecspecially ) much more drawn out films.

I'm gonna be honest, AVP was the first of these movies that I saw. Went in '04 to see it in theaters just because the monsters looked cool. At age 9, it was all about the creature design (and it still is :D), so I was psyched to see it. After we got out, my mom told me there were *shocker* other seperate Alien and Predator movies out there, and that they were really good. My folks basically got me into them. Over the next weeks after that, I powered through the Alien and Predator movies. I was hooked. To this day, they're my favorite films, franchises, collectibles, etc. Guess you could say I got in a little late in the game, but since I was still at a young enough age at the time, they were able to grow on me pretty damn fast. Every few months, I impulsively rewatch an Alien or Predator movie (depending on which one I saw the longest ago) just to keep my memory refreshed, even though I remember everything :).

Aliens was one of the few films I've come out of actually sweating. Went along for the whole damn ride. So intense...

Alien is better. But Aliens rules. James Cameron's best sequel. :eek:

I'm so glad I didnt get to see those ____ty AvP movies first. I saw all the Alien flicks when I was young. I watched Alien every single day, and saw Alien Res opening night with my dad. I was 7 I think. Newborn scared the piss out of me, but I still loved the fact I saw it.
Had all the toys, and my dad got me Aliens Vs. Predator the PC game....we had a blast. Alien and Predator ARE my childhood. They still rule my life. They are the greatest things to me. They've brought me so much joy in my life. And in 2011...the Alien shall return. With some dignity.

I still remember the day I saw Aliens for the first time. It was my first look at this franchise.

I was 5 years old.

My dad was like , "Hey, come watch this movie. "

It was the final battle between the Queen and Ripley. I was so excited, I was like "WOOOO! Go Alien! WOOOO!!!!!" Then I just fell in love.

I remember the toys, they were always at KB, but they were down this isle that was incredibly dark, and spooky. So for some reason it always bothered me to go to the Aliens section. And the picture on the boxes bothered me...lol.

"Uhhh, you don't understand."

:lol

logo-no-drugs-480.gif

My favourite movie.

I am expecting a massive swag of awesome collectibles from Sideshow to celebrate the anniversary just like they did with the 30th for The Empire Strikes Back this year :thud:

hudson: is this gonna be a stand-up fight sir, or another bughunt?

gorman: all we know is that there's still no contact with the colony, and that a xenomorph may be involved.

frost: excuse me sir, a what?

gorman: a xenomorph.

hicks: it's a bughunt.

ripley: i say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. it's the only way to be sure.

hudson: f **kin A!

burke: whoa-whoa. hold on. this installation has a substantial dollar value attached to it.

ripley: they can bill me.

aliens is among my all-time favourite sci-fi movies. a true classic and everything a sequel should be.

can't wait for the remastered blu-rays with new extra features!

My 2nd favoutire Sci-Fi flic next to Predator :D Greatest Cameron film IMO

Back