Official 12" Bespin Han Solo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's just Han Solo, Rebel Captain: Bespin to differentiate it from the later versions there will be, like Rebel Captain: Hoth, etc etc. The colon : is important.

Did I mention how beautiful this looks dudes?

JustinLuck said:
It's interesting how fat he is in the face, and yet he has such a small waistline. Hmmm.

These are the standard Sideshow Bodies. I'm sure a little tissue paper strategically placed (as Wor-Gar I'm sure will provide with a kitchen pictorial tutorial) will render this tissue issue moot.

Captain Aldeggon said:
I think it's just Han Solo, Rebel Captain: Bespin to differentiate it from the later versions there will be, like Rebel Captain: Hoth, etc etc. The colon : is important.

Did I mention how beautiful this looks dudes?
Yes you did. Have you had a chance to change your underwear yet? :lol j/k ;)

I think you are right. It is there to differentiate from possible future versions of the Rebel Captain.

I'm always clean dude no worries. :cool: Seriously though, I'm glad the production version is looking so good. Luke has been needing somebody to be displayed with. Now I need a Leia!

Anybody notice how off the jacket is. JustinLuck posted these over at RS:
capture600wa1.jpg

2107_press04-001.jpg

The HS never bugged me that much, but this jacket issue bugs me a wee bit.

pjam said:
If he looks anything like this I'll be happy...

IMG_0163-1.jpg
Me too. That toys fair pic is what sold me on him. If I can't get him to look that good I am afraid I will have to sell the guy. :monkey2

Yeah I never noticed the jacket before, but it still looks really nice. It's mainly the collar that's off. I don't think it's too small though; in the film it was quite fitted.

Well, I just put myself on the Wait List after seeing those production pics. Hopefully, everyone who is cancelling out of disappointment had an exclusive edition, so I can work my way up in line!!! :)

EVILFACE said:
The smaller pockets don't bug me as much.

Don't like em or his cheeks, cancel now please.

If I like him enough out of the box an exacto knife and repaint might be in order here... not that big of a deal and it certainly won't be done by me but yes, it would have been nice to have had this corrected without going through additional expense...

but Han is my Favorite, what else can I do?

pixletwin said:
Anybody notice how off the jacket is. JustinLuck posted these over at RS:
capture600wa1.jpg

2107_press04-001.jpg

The HS never bugged me that much, but this jacket issue bugs me a wee bit.

How off the jacket is? What!? The pockets appear to be smaller than what they look on the screen item. Big deal! Justin is just being his overly anal self.

Still looks like a Hasbro figure. I don't know what it is about Harrison's face that's so elusive to sculptors. Take your sweet time on the ANH Solo, Sideshow, he must be perfect!

jlcmsu said:
How off the jacket is? What!? The pockets appear to be smaller than what they look on the screen item. Big deal! Justin is just being his overly anal self.

Or he's simply stating a valid criticism/opinion. Personally, I think the disproportionate pockets throws off the jacket as well. I noticed that the day Han went on pre-order. It doesn't mean I'm going to reject the entire figure because of it though.

If Justin wants to toss that criticism into the ring, I say more power to him. That's why these are discussion forums. :)

And yeah, his face still looks like the Hamburgler :D

The jacket on the figure is sitting much further back on his shoulders than in that still. I'm betting if you pull the jacket up a bit it will look closer to the original.

Darklord Dave said:
The jacket on the figure is sitting much further back on his shoulders than in that still. I'm betting if you pull the jacket up a bit it will look closer to the original.

Guys, GUYS! Before getting further into this jacket issue, may I suggest you checkout the 360 VTR for Han on the SSC Order page, there you can see it from all angles and it hangs fine and is tightly tailored.

In Fact, although that was a proto Han, I'm sure we're getting something very close to it and overall this piece actually looks kind of great IMO.

Link to Han Ex with VTR

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=21071&type=store

It's not how the jacket is sitting in the pics or the pockets. Notice the disparity in the length of the collars on the jacket between what's in the movie and on the figure. WAY off.

:confused:

Other than that, I'm liking this fig!

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Or he's simply stating a valid criticism/opinion. Personally, I think the disproportionate pockets throws off the jacket as well. I noticed that the day Han went on pre-order. It doesn't mean I'm going to reject the entire figure because of it though.

If Justin wants to toss that criticism into the ring, I say more power to him. That's why these are discussion forums. :)

And yeah, his face still looks like the Hamburgler :D

I didn't say his opinion wasn't valid but I think this is noting but nitpicking. Like Dave said you pull the jacket down and I'm sure the placement is fine. Again, as far as the size goes I don't think they are that far off and I just don't get that criticism.

Justin has the right but honestly I pretty much ignore his posts. All he ever does is complain this is wrong or that is wrong. I'm not sure why he collects these to be completely honest with you. It's cool though I'm sure he and several others ignore me since I'm the SS is perfect guy.:rolleyes:

His face might be a tad thick but overall it looks pretty solid in person. Not perfect mind you but overall it is solid and looks like Ford.

Back