Official 12" Bespin Han Solo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gruff Old Bear said:
The problem with amateur photos from trade shows is that you have no way of knowing ......

Dave Myatt took those photos and he is far from an amateur. FYI :D

(though he has mentioned he would like a camera that takes better micro-whatever pics.)

Here's another, I do love the belt detail and outfit...

IMG_0151.jpg

Khev said:
Anakin had really great Toy Fair pics too....

Yes indeed, that custom painted Anakin display figure looked great and complimented Andy's wonderful HS, too bad SSC dropped the ball when it came to Paint Apps QC in China...

let's hope there isn't another huge repaint thread for this figure. :D

Yeah, I'm not getting that RJ vibe at all... when are these gonna start showing up in Asia btw, they should have had them by now...

Re: Official 12" Besbin Han Solo Image Thread

EVILFACE said:
So you've got the final product in hand?

So has the final product-in-hand been better?
Luke? Exactly as the pictures showed him. Possibly a little worse in the paint app department than the prototype.
Anakin? Exactly as the pictures showed him, i.e. worse than the prototype.
Kit? I don't own one.

pixletwin said:
Dave Myatt took those photos and he is far from an amateur. FYI :D

(though he has mentioned he would like a camera that takes better micro-whatever pics.)

I'll bet he's said he wants a macro lens. It's for shooting closeups with the camera very close up to the subject, rather than "zooming" in with a telephoto. And it's all about getting a close image that isn't distorted and has plenty of detail.

I was thinking about all the varying pictures we get links to, from toy shows around the world and shot by helpful, generous fans with digital cameras. One nice thing about digital photography is that even a low-end camera yields a pretty nice image. But getting too close, even when the lens will still focus, distorts. Not a lot of consumer cameras will let you get close, but that doesn't stop people from trying. And posting the results.

This is exactly why the photos I've posted here are so limited. No macro capability. My digital has a fixed focus and my SLR film kit doesn't include a macro. Never needed one until I got into figures. I'd have to give up collecting to afford a digital pro-cam with interchangeable lens. Ain't gonna do it. :D

Gruff Old Bear said:
I'll bet he's said he wants a macro lens. It's for shooting closeups with the camera very close up to the subject, rather than "zooming" in with a telephoto. And it's all about getting a close image that isn't distorted and has plenty of detail.
Thats right, it was macro lens. :lol Those suckers are pretty costly, me thinks.

tomandshell said:
This thread is six pages long, and we still don't have any official pictures of the figure!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Well, considering SSF set its attendance record during the Han pre-order I'm not surprised in the least...

btw, I just posted this thread yesterday!

Last edited:
When will the Chinese collectors start posting pictures... all this speculatory complaining is just nowhere near as satisfying :lol

i don't know why but i keep checking in this thread to see an "OFFICIAL" pic of Han and still none. :lol

This was a bit pre-mature I think. We'll have to change the title to the "Official Anticipating Bespin Han Image Thread"

Back