Official 12" Bespin Han Solo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official 12" Besbin Han Solo Image Thread

Han's not perfect and it could be bit better. The sculpt though isn't that bad. As was talked about over at RS. I think it has more to do with the paint apps than the sculpt.

As always I reserve judgement until I have the item in hand. I did not go to SDCC so I was unable to see it in person. So far, I like it.... especially the pics taken during ToyFare and posted on RS.... They looked fantastic. :D

I also reserve judgement until I have the item in hand. After all the bashing Luke took before he was shipped I was amazed by how cool he looked in person.

By the way it is Mat Falls with one t. Not trying to be anal but that's at least the third time I've seen Justin spell his name wrong. How would you like it if I call you Justine? ;)

Unique Soul said:
I also reserve judgement until I have the item in hand. After all the bashing Luke took before he was shipped I was amazed by how cool he looked in person.

By the way it is Mat Falls with one t. Not trying to be anal but that's at least the third time I've seen Justin spell his name wrong. How would you like it if I call you Justine? ;)
Maybe he has been reading Robert Jordan? :cool:

Here's another shot of the proto from TF...

IMG_0162.jpg

I'm in the camp of waiting to judge until in hand. I stay optimistic... but I will have to admit I'll be pretty bummed if he looks real crappy or has funny lips :monkey2

pixletwin said:
I think QQB and a few other guys over on the Chinese-Starwars site (which is still down) actually go out of their way to take bad pics. :p

The Chinese site is up!

I've recently adopeted the idea that if I can't do a better job myself, then I have no right to complain. Sure Han has his faults, every figure does. However, if I couldn't or can't do better, I feel that I have no right complaining about it and should just enjoy the product.

I am sitting here watching ESB tonight and ok I can see why all of you have been fussing about the likeness. His face is bloated and his nose is too big. I think the face needed to be slimed down a bit and it would be great. SS Han looks like he has been eating 4 McDonalds double cheeseburgers every day for a year.

jason2885 said:
I am sitting here watching ESB tonight
Heh, getting jazzed about the figures makes me pop the DVD's in more often as well. Just watched ANH over Sunday night and last night. Watched the end of AOTC tonight and as I sit here at 11:58 pm Clone Wars Volume 1 is currently playing over on the 32 inch LCD flat panel. Kit Fisto is slicing up underwater Separatist ships as I type. :chew

Khev said:
Heh, getting jazzed about the figures makes me pop the DVD's in more often as well. Just watched ANH over Sunday night and last night. Watched the end of AOTC tonight and as I sit here at 11:58 pm Clone Wars Volume 1 is currently playing over on the 32 inch LCD flat panel. Kit Fisto is slicing up underwater Separatist ships as I type. :chew
I watched the first half of ESB before I fell asleep last night and on Saturday night I watched all of ANH. You know I forgot about the Clone Wars DVD's i think Im going to have to put that on my Christmas list.

Unique Soul said:

Hehe. My sincerest apologies to Mat! :) But if you search the threads for 'Matt Falls', you will see that I am definitely not the only one who's made that mistake. :google

Well, at least I didn't feminize his name. I've never been mistaken for a Justine, but I certainly have been called Jason more than a few times.:monkey1

Buttmunch said:
I've recently adopeted the idea that if I can't do a better job myself, then I have no right to complain.

That's an excellent quote, and one I think we should all keep repeating on any forums where people are *****ing about figures they dont like.

Welll said!

If everyone was like that it'd kill half the discussion on these forums! Any criticism is valid as long as it's constructive. There's no-one more qualified to comment than the collectors themselves.

Buttmunch said:
However, if I couldn't or can't do better, I feel that I have no right complaining about it and should just enjoy the product.
Whether or not "I can do better" is irrelevant next to the cost vs. quality of a figure. If you're paying a certain amount of money, a certain amount of quality is to be expected. Mat Falls could have sculpted Han with one eye in the middle of his forehead and it would still look closer to Harrison Ford than anything I could do. That doesn't mean I'd just "enjoy" it regardless.

That said I'm still reserving judgment on the final figure because some of the pics indicate there could be a real diamond here that we haven't seen properly represented yet.

The problem with amateur photos from trade shows is that you have no way of knowing what lens setting the photographer used. Without a macro lens designed for closeups of small objects the result can be very misleading. A real human face shot tight with a "normal" lens (in 35mm SLR terms, that would be a 50 or 55mm lens intended for shooting groups of four or five people) will look puffy and distorted, a fisheye effect mild enough that you won't even realize that's what you're seeing. A 1:6 scale face will be even more distorted.

That said, Sideshow's professional tabletop shots look pretty puffy. Funny though, it still captures Harrison Ford's expression unmistakably. That couldn't be a puffy sculpt of anybody else.

Back