Next Star Wars PF Announcement - When???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really like Padme dressed in Arena clothes from AOTC. I also would like Qui-Gon Jinn, Anakin Skywalker and of course Yoda.

When Sideshow finally moves on to the prequels in full force, I would like to see Padme in her Episode I Queen Amidala dress. That would really be an impressive costume VS. her arena outfit. (Although gun toting arena Padme in white next to gun toting Leia in white would make a nice mother/daugher pair.)

However, I think they still have one or two OT characters to go before they move back to the prequels. And when they do, Maul will be the first announcement, or I'll eat my hat...

An idea popped into my pretty little head last night regarding the next PF. I'm wondering if SSC plans for another SDCC exclusive PF. I noticed that the exclusive Luke is the SDCC exclusive, and all the other characters that have been available had a regular Sideshow exclusive. So I'm wondering if they do another SDCC exclusive this year, will they make it a variation of one of the exisisting characters? I don't know when the regular Luke & exclusive PF went up for sale though. So my thinking is, the next exclusive PF, could be the SDCC exclusive; and if they announce the next PF now and it doesn't have an exclusive, we'll all wonder what's up. It seems Sideshow wants to let figure information trickle out over the year instead of giving it up all loose at Toy Fair. Maybe I'm reading way too much into this, it was late at night, and I'll admit it sounds a little conspiracy theory-ish to me right now.

BOBA FETT!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

...yes, well... Personally I don't think they'll be another SW SDCC Exclusive - not this year anyhow. When Luke went up for preorder there was no exclusive announced, leaving the door open for the SDCC one later in that year. Every 1/4 since has had an exclusive go up at the same time as the regular = no SDCC exclusive. :cool:

I wouldn't want another SDCC PF myself - too much hassle all round... :banghead

GSRJedi said:
An idea popped into my pretty little head last night regarding the next PF. I'm wondering if SSC plans for another SDCC exclusive PF. I noticed that the exclusive Luke is the SDCC exclusive, and all the other characters that have been available had a regular Sideshow exclusive. So I'm wondering if they do another SDCC exclusive this year, will they make it a variation of one of the exisisting characters? I don't know when the regular Luke & exclusive PF went up for sale though. So my thinking is, the next exclusive PF, could be the SDCC exclusive; and if they announce the next PF now and it doesn't have an exclusive, we'll all wonder what's up. It seems Sideshow wants to let figure information trickle out over the year instead of giving it up all loose at Toy Fair. Maybe I'm reading way too much into this, it was late at night, and I'll admit it sounds a little conspiracy theory-ish to me right now.

I'm all in favor of an SDCC exclusive PF. However, Luke had been on sale for months and was ready to ship around the time of SDCC 2005 after being revealed around SDCC 2004. He had been announced the previous year, and it was a pretty last minute thing when they came up with the exclusive version a number of weeks before the release date.

There are no Star Wars PFs being released around the time of Comic Con, and even if they announce the next one in the next few weeks with no exclusive, it wouldn't be shipping until Christmas at least, so there would be nothing ready to pick up at SDCC if they made a bonus exclusive.

SDCC exclusives are ready to be picked up at the convention, so if there is a PF there, it will be a unique character with a low preset edition size exclusive to the con, like Lobot or Bib Fortuna, which they could have been working on in secret for a surprise release. They won't do a new character convention exclusive with the 12" line, but they just might with the more expensive PFs, which have a higher price/smaller following. You never know what they might have up their sleeves!

Exactly why I don't expect a PF one this year which is fine because they would have to offer the shipping to your home again. That box last year was massive.

Back