Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

I think that should put to rest the idea of full blown competition between them.

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

So does that mean HT won't be making some figures like C3PO or R2D2 since Sideshow has em made already?

I think HT will definitely make those. It's just a matter of whether they will wait a bit to allow for Sideshow's versions to sell through.

I think that should put to rest the idea of full blown competition between them.

Yep, looks like an even trade off.

And yes, looks like Hot Toys will give clearance to things like R2 and 3PO since they're distributing. But how long they wait inbetween is anyone's guess.

Doubt SSC cares so long as they're sold out. Feels pretty good to be proven right in this whole debate. *leans back and puts feet on desk*

Told you they wouldn't directly compete and split the market! :D

Well, yes you did. :)

HT will still slaughter anything SS has done previously. And its still unclear just how wide a berth HT is giving SS before it jumps in with its own -- won't know that until HT's droids are revealed.

Also, wonder how long it will take HT to realize there's better money in distribution than there is in manufacturing?

I think the distribution is a good way to seal their alliance but I'm sure the big money is manufacturing (so long as they know that they won't be at war). Distribution probably provides some nice cushioning cash flow, though.

After all this talk about "distribution", I'm amazed no-one has come up with a Walter White GIF (when he's speaking to Declan in "Say My Name"). Would've been perfect for this argument. :lol

I think the distribution is a good way to seal their alliance but I'm sure the big money is manufacturing (so long as they know that they won't be at war). Distribution probably provides some nice cushioning cash flow, though.

After all this talk about "distribution", I'm amazed no-one has come up with a Walter White GIF (when he's speaking to Declan in "Say My Name"). Would've been perfect for this argument. :lol

walterwhitehottoys.jpg

Well, yes you did. :)

HT will still slaughter anything SS has done previously. And its still unclear just how wide a berth HT is giving SS before it jumps in with its own -- won't know that until HT's droids are revealed.

Also, wonder how long it will take HT to realize there's better money in distribution than there is in manufacturing?
I would hope they can especially since they will cost as much as 500% more than the original.

:lol I only saw it once!
Dude I've seen it like 3 times and counting lol. I watch it, TMNT and Apes with like everyone that comes over lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Dude I've seen it like 3 times and counting lol. I watch it, TMNT and Apes with like everyone that comes over lol

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

:rotfl

How do you even find the time!

I've yet to watch TMNT and Apes. They're on my Netflix queue though...

Thanks to Hologram for posting this on the General Collectibles section:

Not a lot of new information but thought I'd share anyways.

- Hulkbuster will be MMS + Includes Mark 43 head
- They are working on other characters from Age of Ultron
- Age of Ultron figures at Toy Soul were early prototypes
- They have early plans right now of recreating some of the early Mark suits in Diecast due to the great response to the Mark 3 Diecast figure
- No Plans for any other Batman vehicles as of now
- Batman Returns figure to be announced soon
- Rambo and Rocky figure are being considered
- They are focusing on the Original Star Wars Trilogy and will be announcing new figures soon
- Since Sideshow has done 3PO and R2 already, they will consider it in the future.

10888591_10152554288556581_6270731754045549632_n.jpg

Now we see that Sideshow and HT are indeed working together respecting each other's product output.

Good to get a very unambiguous statement like that in regards to not releasing competing characters. It made no business sense, so the speculation that HT didn't care a whit about SSC's releases was a bit annoying to read. Glad that can be definitively put to rest.

Good to get a very unambiguous statement like that in regards to not releasing competing characters. It made no business sense, so the speculation that HT didn't care a whit about SSC's releases was a bit annoying to read. Glad that can be definitively put to rest.

Well put! You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Invictus Sol again.

Thanks for reposting this here!

Hot Toys' response with regard to Artoo and Seethree is reassuring.

No prob!

So Batman Returns is on again? I thought that line was dead?

Back