Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

I've very curious to see how HT and SSC handle their offerings from TFA (I will no longer call it Episode VII.) So far HT has only really competed with SSC figures that are years old.

But you know both companies will want to rush out figures of that new Dark Warrior, Stormtroopers, Han Solo, etc. Are we going to see Comic-Cons that have the same character posed a couple booths apart?
**** man that really is my New Hope. Cannot wait for some new canonical PFs

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Is it pronounced TFA or TINAFEY? I can't tell.

I wonder if they consider the acronyms when coming up with the new titles. Imagine the discussion forum havoc they could cause if one of the next films was called "Evil Stalks Bespin" or "Rodians of the Jungle."

I've very curious to see how HT and SSC handle their offerings from TFA (I will no longer call it Episode VII.) So far HT has only really competed with SSC figures that are years old.

But you know both companies will want to rush out figures of that new Dark Warrior, Stormtroopers, Han Solo, etc. Are we going to see Comic-Cons that have the same character posed a couple booths apart?

I have to wonder if Sideshow will throw in the towel with their SW 1:6 line and just focus on PFs and other statues... Before, at least Sideshow could tote a more affordable price. But now, HT and Sideshow will have the same prices, but HT's offerings will most likely be better. Will it even be a fair competition?

Is it pronounced TFA or TINAFEY? I can't tell.

:lol *sigh* Tina Fey:love

No it wont be fair, but thats SS's fault. They could step it up, but choose not too.

I wonder why no one seems to want to do Tarkin.

So you think the Emperor is pretty much a given?

Well, I do, but who the hell am I? :lol

I think Emperor is a given within the 3 allotted figures for ROTJ before the movies opens. He's critical and he's likely referenced in the next movie.

Emperor would be a must-have for me. Would love some light-up force lightening, too.

*steals from greygoose*

I have to wonder if Sideshow will throw in the towel with their SW 1:6 line and just focus on PFs and other statues... Before, at least Sideshow could tote a more affordable price. But now, HT and Sideshow will have the same prices, but HT's offerings will most likely be better. Will it even be a fair competition?

:lol *sigh* Tina Fey:love

They should carve out a niche, as others have said. Especially if HT is going to do all main characters. They would have to have paid for something that reflects this goal however as obviously main characters sell far better than side characters, so it would be unfair to pay the same price and not get to cash in on Han and Luke figures. But if they were coming out with more cantina aliens (Jawas, Ponda, Evazan), Jabba aliens (Weequay, Ree Yees) and other great characters like Tarkin, Ackbar, Lando Skiff they would still find a market that wouldn't expect these to be redone any moment by HT. There are only 2nd tier troopers left (AT-AT driver, TIE pilot, Death Star Trooper) but still tons of good characters to choose from.

Yeah, that would have been great if Sideshow and HT would have come to an agreement that HT handle the more complex first tier characters and SS do all the secondary and beyond characters, and at a lower pricepoint. It doesn't even have to be SO cheap (but it would be nice), just less expensive to reflect the desirability of the character.

Yeah, that would have been great if Sideshow and HT would have come to an agreement that HT handle the more complex first tier characters and SS do all the secondary and beyond characters, and at a lower pricepoint. It doesn't even have to be SO cheap (but it would be nice), just less expensive to reflect the desirability of the character.

Judging by the eyes, Sideshow should be able to hit a homerun with their Poe Dameron figure:ohbfrank:

0um1WuJ.jpg

Sideshow should be able to hit a homerun with all of their figures, but somehow the production ends up screwing up royally. Praying that will change starting with Snake and Hoth figures.

Oh, and every time I see his name I read "Pokemon" :lol

I read it as "Joe Cameron" and picture him as playing for some intergalactic baseball team. Third Baseman for the Tatooine Rebels.

I think Verbal meant something along the lines of Sideshow making cross-eyed figures and the apparent cross-eyedness of Poe Diddy

I think Verbal meant something along the lines of Sideshow making cross-eyed figures and the apparent cross-eyedness of Poe Diddy

:slap

auwll.jpg

Back