Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I was able to snag one of these for just under $320 USD, Im picking it up in person on Friday (I live in Australia). Is this price to good to be true? Its a reg version... what should I look out for in terms of faults? New to the PF game so just wanted to know. Eiterh way I will try and post some pics over the weekend.

Hi all,

I was able to snag one of these for just under $320 USD, Im picking it up in person on Friday (I live in Australia). Is this price to good to be true? Its a reg version... what should I look out for in terms of faults? New to the PF game so just wanted to know. Eiterh way I will try and post some pics over the weekend.

that's a great price. If this is from the earlier batches then it may have the infamous paint rubs on the blue shaded areas. You'll first notice blue paint marks on the paper wrapping around the body, then you'll see the shiny spots on the blue areas on the body where the blue shaded paint has rubbed off, most notably on the legs.

I bought my EX version last summer and passed on 3 of them in face to face deals due to this very issue before find a mint example. Good Luck!

Received my Regular version from SS today. Probably going to be sending it back. There's a sizable crack on the leg and the whole thing is really wobbly. Really imbalanced. It wouldn't take much more than a slight bump for the statue to topple over entirely. For shame.

Received my Regular version from SS today. Probably going to be sending it back. There's a sizable crack on the leg and the whole thing is really wobbly. Really imbalanced. It wouldn't take much more than a slight bump for the statue to topple over entirely. For shame.

Oh no! I have one from the new batch coming too, I hoped for improvements...

Damn sorry to hear that.

My order from Sideshow arrived on Tuesday.
After unpacking it yesterday, mine looked perfect. I am very happy with it.

Oh no! I have one from the new batch coming too, I hoped for improvements...

I received mine 2 days ago from the new batch and mine was great. Hopefully, the issue with Chrono1919's statue was an isolated incident (although I'm bummed Chronos1919 received a bad one - sorry man).

Received mine the other day and, yes, it's a bit top heavy making it unbalanced. Just a slight knock and it'll tip over. I don't care for the base much (I wished it had more pumpkin bombs, as the ones included get lost in the smoke effect), and the beam is light and "plasticky". Spidey is solid though and the paint apps are superb. In parts, it's not much to look at, but all together it's a nice dynamic piece. Worth the $300 I paid for it, but not much more beyond that, IMO.

I was a bit bummed about it. The colors on mine are really dark too. Not as vibrant as the photos others have posted.

Hopefully Prime 1 will do a 1/4 Spidey in the future.

Mine arrived yesterday and no QC issues at all, paint job is above expectation actually. Definitely the most dynamic statue I've ever seen :clap

Mine arrived yesterday and no QC issues at all, paint job is above expectation actually. Definitely the most dynamic statue I've ever seen :clap

congrats!! this piece is truly special IMO!

Pics, guys

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

20170905_125359.jpg

Here's a picture of mine that arrived last week ...

I've had this guy for quite some time, but FINALLY got some time to pop him under some studio lights. Just a really great sculpt. Very dynamic, full of motion, and one of my favourites.

DSC00035.jpgDSC00032.jpgDSC00033.jpgDSC00040.jpgDSC00045.jpgDSC00036.jpgDSC00048.jpg

Pics are off the hook! Cant wait for this to come. Only got the reg but i aint even mad!

Stellar Pics Sammy! it's an amazing piece, and a steal given today's crazy statue prices

Great pictures! I expect mine to be delivered next week. Can't wait.

Pics are off the hook! Cant wait for this to come. Only got the reg but i aint even mad!

Stellar Pics Sammy! it's an amazing piece, and a steal given today's crazy statue prices

Thanks for the kind words! I will agree, that given the insane elevation in prices as of late, this one remains one of the best deals going. Fabulous statue.

Back