Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all,

What do you think my chances are that a wait list converts for an ex? I had to cancel my pre order due to money issues but, now I have some extra cash and would love to get this. I put in for the wait list on the ex and the reg. Hoping the ex converts but will settle for the reg at this point.

I was on the wait list for both the ex and Reg for 6+ weeks, but when I saw the new batch came in with the same QC issues I decided to find a mint example second hand. Found an EX from a fellow collector here that I was able to inspect in person and purchased it pretty much for what it would've cost me from sideshow with shipping and tax.

To be honest, I wouldn't wait for your WL to convert. They made a ton of these and with XM and IS Spidey coming the SS one is readily available. But I would only buy if I could personally inspect or seller sent detailed hi res pics documenting no paint runs and blotches. The statue is gorgeous in person. GL!!

Hey all,

What do you think my chances are that a wait list converts for an ex? I had to cancel my pre order due to money issues but, now I have some extra cash and would love to get this. I put in for the wait list on the ex and the reg. Hoping the ex converts but will settle for the reg at this point.

Probably not good. These have already shipped so anyone cancelling would have done so already..and with all the quality issues, anyone returning a piece you probably wouldn't want anyway.

As mentioned I'd look second hand and try and get pics first.

Probably not good. These have already shipped so anyone cancelling would have done so already..and with all the quality issues, anyone returning a piece you probably wouldn't want anyway.

As mentioned I'd look second hand and try and get pics first.

I'll also add, under no circumstance buy one of these "sealed from the factory". I went to see two by local sellers near me that were advertised at a premium as "sealed from the factory", made a handshake deal pending inspection. We opened them and both had terrible paint rubs on the blue portions of the legs so I passed. If you buy off eBay, insist they open and send you Hi Res pics before shipping... Factory sealed with this piece is a liability, NOT a desirable selling point. GL!

i have reported my spiderman issue on the paint smudges and sideshow replied for a 50$ credit.. Should I accept it or insist on a replacement? Reason being I paid a lot for the shipment (malaysia) plus the taxes. I'm a bit disappointed with the flaw..

i have reported my spiderman issue on the paint smudges and sideshow replied for a 50$ credit.. Should I accept it or insist on a replacement? Reason being I paid a lot for the shipment (malaysia) plus the taxes. I'm a bit disappointed with the flaw..

Post pics then we can comment and hopefully help. But IMO for $500+ you should be happy with the statue. Otherwise you will always notice the blemish and be disappointed.

That's pretty sad that this Spidey still continues to be plagued with paint issues. Had they just given it a few more coats of blue, a good clear seal and sufficient time to dry, we wouldn't be talking about this very avoidable issue.

Don't forget those fancy silky bags that Symbiote Spidey shipped with.

I sent SS pictures of XM's packaging months ago and basically said: Do this. I'm hoping they get there some day. Especially if the prices are going to continue to rise. I'd at least like to feel like I'm getting what I paid for.

Having the statues painted in factories that aren't **** would also be a bonus. Not saying that's always the case, but it certainly happens now and then.

That would be great if they did use a variation of the XM packaging. But we all know that'll never happen due to the added costs plus the added weight for shipping.

And when have Sideshow ever listened to outside advice?

My waitlist for the reg just converted! Fingers crossed!

Good luck. I think you'll be ok since you live right there in Cali, it might not be exposed to so much heat during transport. I think this Spidey suffered even more during transit exposed to so much heat from all places and this summer has been a killer. UPS trucks don't have any AC.

Good luck. I think you'll be ok since you live right there in Cali, it might not be exposed to so much heat during transport. I think this Spidey suffered even more during transit exposed to so much heat from all places and this summer has been a killer. UPS trucks don't have any AC.

Proximity to Thousand Oaks makes no difference. I inspected 3 separate ones from local sellers here in CA and 2 had bad paint rubs. What ever is happening to these is happening at the factory. I'm no expert but it looks like they are being wrapped before the paint dries.

Proximity to Thousand Oaks makes no difference. I inspected 3 separate ones from local sellers here in CA and 2 had bad paint rubs. What ever is happening to these is happening at the factory. I'm no expert but it looks like they are being wrapped before the paint dries.

Exactly what happened from my end. And to think this is my first time to order directly from sideshow.. No 1st time luck on my end. And got an issue as well with the brown wolverine PF ..

I know it probably wouldn't make any difference, but Im just trying to be optimistic for guy who I'm sure wants to also hear a positive outcome for his Spidey. I got mine delivered to the east coast, but I was lucky cause it didn't have any issues.

Thanks Armymedic1980.

Definitely appreciate the positivity! I do like being close and it makes shipping and returns super quick... Feeling optimistic and *knock wood* generally have good luck or great follow up with SS.

Will post picks when he arrives!

I know it probably wouldn't make any difference, but Im just trying to be optimistic for guy who I'm sure wants to also hear a positive outcome for his Spidey. I got mine delivered to the east coast, but I was lucky cause it didn't have any issues.

Thanks Armymedic1980.

Definitely appreciate the positivity! I do like being close and it makes shipping and returns super quick... Feeling optimistic and *knock wood* generally have good luck or great follow up with SS.

Will post picks when he arrives!

Good luck! It definitely is an amazing piece :)

I am heading to nycc I intend to check this one out there. It's between spiderman pf, Wolverine pf, sabertooth pf or Xm Dr strange

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back