Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#1245 arrived today and appears pristine on first inspection. I'm very pleased with it. I'm shocked it didn't have paint imperfections since the waxy paper had a lot of paint rubbed off on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

If anyone is curious to see the base smashed up.. here you go..

6BtxeH5.jpg

5RIY1ce.jpg

WYnyXD1.jpg

Thanks for the info. Sorry yours isn't perfect. Bummer. My paint is pretty dang good, so I'll probably find out what my Sideshow options are. Get yours replaced if you're not 90% happy with it. LOL.

Yep, my replacement EX head arrived with a gap too. Mine is a little more at the front of the neck though. They said they were out of EX heads and offered me a full refund or a $30 credit to get the inside of the body sanded down. I have been trying to decide what to do all weekend; love the piece but I can't stop noticing imperfections with the paint and a small chip on the index finger of the plant hand.

Thanks for the info. Sorry yours isn't perfect. Bummer. My paint is pretty dang good, so I'll probably find out what my Sideshow options are. Get yours replaced if you're not 90% happy with it. LOL.

Thanks. Ya, and looking inside the magnet will be met immediately if sanded. Just a thin paint layer over top, silver of the magnet's even exposed in one spot. And now after doing a close inspection of how each head fits I find that my regular isn't really straight all the way around and it has gaps on the back and in the crook of the neck on the left side - not really noticeable because I have him up high, but geez, both heads don't fit right...

Now my options are full refund and forget about him. Or see if they'll apply the funds to a new EX, regular, or symbiot.

The only two things that work against the design for me are that the eyes are a little big (same with symbiot) and I don't intend to get the Green Goblin so the bombs are sort of out of place in my collection.

Ex head? Quote #4700 states they have no more replacements.

Apparently there haven't been many issues though... :monkey3

Lmfao that is what someone told me on this forum not a lot of complaints. Well if that's not a lot of complaints ^ then I don't know what is lol. Still glad mine came out perfect **** like this scares me especially since I dropped all the money at once. You would think they'd do a last minute inspection
before sending out their products.

Will SS just send me a new hand and a new head? His head has a gap where it attaches to neck and his web hand is marked up.

Geez. I figured there had to be more ill-fitting heads out there. I got three of them (2 reg, 1 ex).

Making a phone call to Sideshow right after work tomorrow.

My replacement Spidey body and EX head arrived yesterday (both in excellent condition, thankfully!), so I "destroyed" my original/damaged body and extra regular head with a hammer last night. First, though, are some pre-destroy pics just for fun, since I haven't seen any of these Spidey parts side by side before:

IMG_3512.jpgIMG_3515.jpgIMG_3516.jpgIMG_3517.jpg

Now, post-destroy. This is my first (and hopefully last) time doing this, so did I "destroy" these enough for Sideshow's standards? I didn't know just how damaged the parts had to be for them to be sufficiently destroyed in their eyes, and the head was actually very hard to damage at all!

FullSizeRender.jpgIMG_3520.jpgFullSizeRender2.jpgIMG_3521.jpgFullSizeRender3.jpgIMG_3519.jpgFullSizeRender1.jpg

Poor quality is one of the casualties of a high edition number. I'm very unhappy with my statue. This is my first negative experience with SS. I'm just going to return mine for a refund. Pisses me off because I can't figure out how to fit the explosion piece back in the damn styrofoam!

Now, post-destroy. This is my first (and hopefully last) time doing this, so did I "destroy" these enough for Sideshow's standards? I didn't know just how damaged the parts had to be for them to be sufficiently destroyed in their eyes, and the head was actually very hard to damage at all!

They will likely ask you to destroy it some more. happened to me once or twice in the past.

sideshow are getting on my wick now....been almost 3 weeks since i sent in the request form for the finger crack/paint marks and nearly two weeks since i replied to their response offering me $50 or new body. :impatient:

Back