Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want this and the pose is so really cool, but I'm worried about this enduring the test of time. 1 arm holding the weight of the whole statue. The steel rod inside will hold the statue but the polystone covering the rod can weaken snapping off and spidey hits floor. But anyway, I sure hope this is engineered correctly for long term survival. Is there some other material they can use besides polystone and pvc that is harder and more reliable?

I want this and the pose is so really cool, but I'm worried about this enduring the test of time. 1 arm holding the weight of the whole statue. The steel rod inside will hold the statue but the polystone covering the rod can weaken snapping off and spidey hits floor. But anyway, I sure hope this is engineered correctly for long term survival. Is there some other material they can use besides polystone and pvc that is harder and more reliable?

There's really no option but to roll the dice. Pieces that no one thought would have leaning issues have popped up years later. The Cyclops PF, Psylocke PF, and the Wolverine LSF are just a few that I've seen some members here complain about having leaning issues. There's really just no way to know until well after the piece is bought. The only plus to take out of this is that SSC already knows this is a potential issue and have taken extra measures to make sure it doesn't happen. Hopefully, thats enough to ensure that this piece can stand the test of time.

There's really no option but to roll the dice. Pieces that no one thought would have leaning issues have popped up years later. The Cyclops PF, Psylocke PF, and the Wolverine LSF are just a few that I've seen some members here complain about having leaning issues. There's really just no way to know until well after the piece is bought. The only plus to take out of this is that SSC already knows this is a potential issue and have taken extra measures to make sure it doesn't happen. Hopefully, thats enough to ensure that this piece can stand the test of time.

Exactly. In the video at sdcc, the sideshow rep said to Stan Lee that it had a "wire frame". I'm going to assume that means more than a single steal rod going down the arm. Also, if they use a steel rod and continue the armature through the legs, the steel rod would only have to be about 1/4 inch thick and that would stop all leaning. There is no way 6-10 inches of 1/4 steel would lean, bend or flex over time. Even with a maximum of the 10-15 lbs of polystone spread amongst it.

Exactly. In the video at sdcc, the sideshow rep said to Stan Lee that it had a "wire frame". I'm going to assume that means more than a single steal rod going down the arm. Also, if they use a steel rod and continue the armature through the legs, the steel rod would only have to be about 1/4 inch thick and that would stop all leaning. There is no way 6-10 inches of 1/4 steel would lean, bend or flex over time. Even with a maximum of the 10-15 lbs of polystone spread amongst it.

That's what I'd be telling myself if I POd this. However, there's just no way of knowing for sure until years later. I just hope SSC gets it right. So many peeps will be ordering this because an affordable classic Spidey PF is finally available to buy. Not to mention it looks great. SSC needs to get this right because there will be a a lot of these in peeps collections. This will be a disaster of EPIC proportions if they don't. They HAVE to know that and I believe they will take care of business.

That's what I'd be telling myself if I POd this. However, there's just no way of knowing for sure until years later. I just hope SSC gets it right. So many peeps will be ordering this because an affordable classic Spidey PF is finally available to buy. Not to mention it looks great. SSC needs to get this right because there will be a a lot of these in peeps collections. This will be a disaster of EPIC proportions if they don't. They HAVE to know that and I believe they will take care of business.

Agree. Don't get me wrong. I'm not naive, I am definitely scared this could go terribly wrong. But I did not want to miss out on what will most likely be the best and my favorite piece in my collection when it arrives. I honestly think this statue is perfect in every way. I could not have designed a better spidey. Yes the base could have been different, but the statue itself is perfect. I love the explosion effect, the only reason I personally desired a building/brick effect is because brick buildings scream "east coast" to me.

Yup! You have to roll the dice if you want this. There's no telling until it happens.

I rolled the dice...

Prime Example, I have enjoyed my She Hulk PF since release, looking at her closely at once or twice a week. Last night I noticed she has started to lean. Wasn't like that a week ago and this week, she has a nice lean now after several years. Very frustrated. And she is nowhere near the lean risk of this piece. Her legs aren't broken or anything. Its like the polystone in the base gave way to the pin in her foot. Its like a loose connection now.

Prime Example, I have enjoyed my She Hulk PF since release, looking at her closely at once or twice a week. Last night I noticed she has started to lean. Wasn't like that a week ago and this week, she has a nice lean now after several years. Very frustrated. And she is nowhere near the lean risk of this piece. Her legs aren't broken or anything. Its like the polystone in the base gave way to the pin in her foot. Its like a loose connection now.

Damn sorry to hear that. It just sucks to have to deal with these issues years after we purchased our pieces. The sad part is that this is an easy issue for SSC to address when these pieces are being produced. Just add a longer metal rod to the leg. Look at the length of the metal post XM put into Phoenix's leg to make sure the piece won't lean. If a post only goes as high as the ankle, SSC is asking for trouble. However, casts with solid leg(s) and a long post(s) in it will stand the test of time. Man, I dread the day I see a statue start to lean. I'll have just about no option but to pay someone to fix it and I'm sure it won't be cheap.

I also hope this never happens to me. I can not imagine what I'd do. Who knows. All we can do is hope for the best. Although, this does convince to to individually display all my pieces now... so if one begins to lean, I do not have to worry about it domino-ing the entire avengers set up...

I've never bought a spidey statue before. Not my favorite character by any means, But this pose is just too good to pass up. By far best spidey statue I have ever seen. I had to PO it. So dynamic. I sure hope a year from now that the production version looks as good as prototype. And God forbid any leaning issues...

I feel sorry for the first few people who hit the point of no return on a lean with any statue. Once it becomes a known issue we can all take steps to save them but the 1st ones to pop up unfortunately suffer the most. With that said I hope no statues lean and I hope SS does all they should wit this statue.

I feel sorry for the first few people who hit the point of no return on a lean with any statue. Once it becomes a known issue we can all take steps to save them but the 1st ones to pop up unfortunately suffer the most. With that said I hope no statues lean and I hope SS does all they should wit this statue.

Yeah. My plan to save this one is to just tie a piece of fishing line around his waist to dispense weight

I also hope this never happens to me. I can not imagine what I'd do. Who knows. All we can do is hope for the best. Although, this does convince to to individually display all my pieces now... so if one begins to lean, I do not have to worry about it domino-ing the entire avengers set up...

leaning is very real. i have a cyclops PF EX that is leaning like crazy. I have him propped upright with door stoppers:lol It sucks but I don't plan on getting rid of him so it still works in my lineup. I think my psylock PF is also starting to lean...again, not much i can do. I asked one of the customizers if he could fix it and he said buying another one would be cheaper as he would have to redo the legs completely. I'm sure with the amount I own and order, there will be bound to be more...

Back