Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The top of whatever cabinet he is in. What's your gameplan?

He's going 'commando' - no strings, just letting him live his days out.

The string idea is a smart idea tho - if anchored to the right place. Definitely couldn't hurt.

PVC would solve all this leaning problem... I kid I kid hahaha

I love both of these... I just can't make up my mind if I am going to take the jump... thinking about getting the black.

I see a lot of people chosing the black because they think the paint app is easier to nail. I think it is harder with all the blue highlights in the high points... All I'm saying is chose the one you like better and not the one you think is easier for them to produce

I see a lot of people chosing the black because they think the paint app is easier to nail. I think it is harder with all the blue highlights in the high points... All I'm saying is chose the one you like better and not the one you think is easier for them to produce

Well, in Spidey's case, he already has the original COM so picking up the variant makes sense. I'm sure he doesn't need 2 classic Spider-Man statues.

Ummmm not my thought process at all m8, but this....

Well, in Spidey's case, he already has the original COM so picking up the variant makes sense. I'm sure he doesn't need 2 classic Spider-Man statues.

WINNER WINNER Chicken Dinner!!! That is it exactly Filip. I got the COM and I love it. Now I could seek it and buy BOTH of these, but I just can't see that happening. Now I MIGHT order the new classic PF and it it side by side to make my final decision, but I haven't made up my mind on that one yet.... Danger is having both and loving bothe EQUALLY.... Then I would have an unhappy wife...lol

Man you got the com! Definitely get the variant than hahaha. I'm peanut butter and jealous...

leaning is very real. i have a cyclops PF EX that is leaning like crazy. I have him propped upright with door stoppers:lol It sucks but I don't plan on getting rid of him so it still works in my lineup. I think my psylock PF is also starting to lean...again, not much i can do. I asked one of the customizers if he could fix it and he said buying another one would be cheaper as he would have to redo the legs completely. I'm sure with the amount I own and order, there will be bound to be more...

Hey Sarakawa. Can you post photos of this? Have the same problem with those two pieces as well. I've boxed them up for now planning to have it fixed but if it's I fixable I'll just have to find a good way of displaying them.

I can't even imagine to think of all the worldwide collectors who have so many of these statues (20 or more in their collection) and perhaps all will have leaning issues in the near future. I hope I am wrong cause that would be so terrible.

I can't even imagine to think of all the worldwide collectors who have so many of these statues (20 or more in their collection) and perhaps all will have leaning issues in the near future. I hope I am wrong cause that would be so terrible.

Yah, and the larger the piece the "larger" the problem. RWOS & Wolf Predator. At this point it's part of the hobby and it is really unfortunate but I still ordered this piece.

Yah, and the larger the piece the "larger" the problem. RWOS & Wolf Predator. At this point it's part of the hobby and it is really unfortunate but I still ordered this piece.

I ordered the Vampirella and the new Wolverine in brown suit, so yeah it's a real possibility. I think the problem could be reduced in future statues if both feet had pegs and slots to give more strength to the hold. Also, SS is getting a pass from collectors cause they should guarantee these things won't have this long term deterioration effect.

I ordered the Vampirella and the new Wolverine in brown suit, so yeah it's a real possibility. I think the problem could be reduced in future statues if both feet had pegs and slots to give more strength to the hold. Also, SS is getting a pass from collectors cause they should guarantee these things won't have this long term deterioration effect.

It'd be great if SS used a skeletal armature to reduce any/all leaning/cracking issues. Pricey, sure. But better all around for the collectors and Sideshows reputation/product, I don't see SS starting a lifetime guarantee anytime soon. DD arrives in a month so I'll see what happens with him.

Wolverine LSF takes the cake, to me that's still a monumental SS cluster****, :slap. Should be automatic refunds on that.

It'd be great if SS used a skeletal armature to reduce any/all leaning/cracking issues. Pricey, sure. But better all around for the collectors and Sideshows reputation/product, I don't see SS starting a lifetime guarantee anytime soon. DD arrives in a month so I'll see what happens with him.

Wolverine LSF takes the cake, to me that's still a monumental SS cluster****, :slap. Should be automatic refunds on that.

Yeah, it's not realistic to believe they could guarantee their statues, but this is not like collecting a $20 action figure. This is an expensive hobby to be dealing with (400++ now statues) and it sucks to look at defective, falling apart statues in your collection.

Yeah, it's not realistic to believe they could guarantee their statues, but this is not like collecting a $20 action figure. This is an expensive hobby to be dealing with (400++ now statues) and it sucks to look at defective, falling apart statues in your collection.

Kind takes the fun out of the collecting for sure

Damn sorry to hear that. It just sucks to have to deal with these issues years after we purchased our pieces. The sad part is that this is an easy issue for SSC to address when these pieces are being produced. Just add a longer metal rod to the leg. Look at the length of the metal post XM put into Phoenix's leg to make sure the piece won't lean. If a post only goes as high as the ankle, SSC is asking for trouble. However, casts with solid leg(s) and a long post(s) in it will stand the test of time. Man, I dread the day I see a statue start to lean. I'll have just about no option but to pay someone to fix it and I'm sure it won't be cheap.

leaning is very real. i have a cyclops PF EX that is leaning like crazy. I have him propped upright with door stoppers:lol It sucks but I don't plan on getting rid of him so it still works in my lineup. I think my psylock PF is also starting to lean...again, not much i can do. I asked one of the customizers if he could fix it and he said buying another one would be cheaper as he would have to redo the legs completely. I'm sure with the amount I own and order, there will be bound to be more...

For your knowledge guys I have heard of these types of situations being repaired IF the polystone of the figure hasn't started to bend at all. One guy did it for the Wolverine LSF. He removed the metal pin, filled the statues hollow legs with more resin, and then inserted a longer pin and put it backdown on the base which was protected. I also know that people have fixed bases that were causing leans by replacing the pads, or by adding epoxy to the hole in the base.

Man you got the com! Definitely get the variant than hahaha. I'm peanut butter and jealous...

Yep, the nly grail piece I have gone and made it happen. It cost me way less then the going rate for the statue too. It wasn't till I had a deal fall through for it that I realized just how much i wanted it though. So yeah I am leanng towards getting the varient.

I'll say this. I think we will all see if SS has the leaning issues under control and figured out or not, cause if ever there were a statue set up to succeed in the leaning dept, it would be this one. The new wolverine PF will be one to watch as well.

Back