Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never purchased from Sideshow before. How much approximately would postage be to Australia? Also do you get charged custom fees? Weighing out to see if its worth getting the EX or if the regular version would be a lot cheaper from Pop Cultcha?

No idea about delivery charges, as I've never ordered from SS before.

But there shouldn't be any basic custom charges.

BUT... With the government looking at reducing the GST exemption below $1,000, don't be suprised that when the item finally ships in over a year that you get slugged with the 10% GST.

But given the prices for preorders from Popcultcha, it will still probably be cheaper (dependant on whether you lock in the exchange rate) to order direct from SS.

I myself will probably order through Popcultcha as I've got reward points with them, and I've always been concerned with shipping back items if needed (especially overseas). If that isn't a concern and the EX is a plus, SS may be the way to go.

Damn, this reply was long, and I only answered half your question.

I've never purchased from Sideshow before. How much approximately would postage be to Australia? Also do you get charged custom fees? Weighing out to see if its worth getting the EX or if the regular version would be a lot cheaper from Pop Cultcha?

Probably around $120 to ship, no customs fees under current laws.

Actually I just double checked and I think I may have been wrong in my calculations that SS would be that much cheaper.

Given that the Batman Arkham Asylum is $729.99 Australian on Popcultcha, and by simple math, $469.99/0.79 * 1.03 (for credit card charges if applicable) comes to approx $613. Plus any delivery charges plus possible future charges will most likely be about the same.

If you have reward points/pennies, it could be even lower at Popcultcha. But of course this is without the EX.

Personally the current painting can not match with that pose,I prefer body painting showed on trailer.

You are lucky. I got charged £78 by uk customs on my Iron Patriot Maquette. Absolute joke.

In Australia I believe that we 'currently' only get hit by Customs when the item (excluding delivery etc) is $1,000 or more.

But once it does it starts to add up. First there's the usual $50 or so customs processing charge, then the average 5% customs duty if applicable, then the 10% GST which is charged on top of the total.

And did you mean UK customs or the IP as the absolute joke :monkey3

What has SSC done in the past for issues that are their products fault, like leaning, after the 30 day (or how many days it is) return period?

My guess is that it's a "that's too bad" type of scenario?

Doubt they will response to it

I looked at my JSC Spidey and it leans as well....I put a bubble level on it and it's about 3/4 put out of the plump lines. So just to check, I took out a brand new one I bought from Sideshow just to see if here's any difference, and it's exactly the same right outta the box....3/4 off the plumb line. I'm not worried....the displayed one hasn't moved.

As in the wall is starting to lean forward. Not my pic, but here you go:

gMLAHCe.jpg

Actually I just double checked and I think I may have been wrong in my calculations that SS would be that much cheaper.

Given that the Batman Arkham Asylum is $729.99 Australian on Popcultcha, and by simple math, $469.99/0.79 * 1.03 (for credit card charges if applicable) comes to approx $613. Plus any delivery charges plus possible future charges will most likely be about the same.

If you have reward points/pennies, it could be even lower at Popcultcha. But of course this is without the EX.

With popcultcha bumping up prices and the value of the Aussie dollar, these statue's are not worth the cash. Simple as that. There's no way a Premium format is worth $700. Crazy talk.

They have (popcultcha) even bumped up the prices of the old Premium formats even though they would have purchased them before the price hikes and have them just sitting in storage - The Superman Premium Format is up $100 from a few months back. Terrible store that was once good. My experience as a collector as time passes gets worse. Sideshow are a joke to deal with as an international and popcultcha are overpriced. Good luck getting a response by either phone or E-mail. I had to troll their facebook page just to get someone to answer a 4 week old E-mail (that I sent twice).

This hobby is getting unsustainable. You actually get more value from custom pieces or XM studios. More bang for your buck as they say.

I actually like the take aim eyes...I'm not sure which I'll display him with, but I like the subtle change that shows off how his eyes change sizes in the comics to show expression. And it really does fit with the pose, so I'll definitely test them both out when I get it before I decide (which wasn't the case for my Deadpool or Obi-Wan Mythos statues.)

I cant wait to get this. Get the paint/QC right and this could be a winner.

Edit. Will be a winner

Back