Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like the take aim eyes...I'm not sure which I'll display him with, but I like the subtle change that shows off how his eyes change sizes in the comics to show expression. And it really does fit with the pose, so I'll definitely test them both out when I get it before I decide (which wasn't the case for my Deadpool or Obi-Wan Mythos statues.)

I like the 'take aim' eyes, but it's just SOOOOOO subtle. I mean the JSC 'mask lift' portrait was subtle enough.

I would have preferred a backpack accessory or even camera accessory.

Yeah I like it to, but not really that noticible or ex enough IMO

Exactly. Not to sound like (I don't know), but I want an Exclusive that boldly states "I'm the Exclusive."

You have to really look on this one, IMO. I still like it, but if I were in a situation where the Exclusive sells out and I could only purchase the regular, I wouldn't lose sleep.

Exactly. Not to sound like (I don't know), but I want an Exclusive that boldly states "I'm the Exclusive."

You have to really look on this one, IMO. I still like it, but if I were in a situation where the Exclusive sells out and I could only purchase the regular, I wouldn't lose sleep.

I think in a lot of cases the EX statue is more of a bonus than a must-have for a lot of recent pieces. Joker Arkham is a great alternate head, but the Batman EX -- as cool as it is if you get it -- isn't a must own, as the statue still works just fine without it. A lot of EXs have been small knives lately, or a Batarang...just smaller things that are little additions.

Personally, I think the difference is there between these two heads if someone looks at the piece up close -- or even from a decent distance. I mean, they'll know if Spidey is just firing off with his eyes open -- and the statue works like that! But if they go up and look at it, they'll also know that he's aiming with his eye being slightly closed. It's a detail like many others found within statues that people will see if they choose to look at it closely enough.

3002011-the-amazing-spider-man-03.jpg

300201-the-amazing-spider-man-02.jpg

Not as in your face as say, a frost giant head over an axe (Red Sonja); but I actually like it more than a backpack or a camera (and the camera was my first guess for the second alternate swap out) because of the situation Spidey is in. Doesn't make much sense for him to be on his way to school while pumpkin bombs are blowing up a bridge below him. :lol

I think in a lot of cases the EX statue is more of a bonus than a must-have for a lot of recent pieces. Joker Arkham is a great alternate head, but the Batman EX -- as cool as it is if you get it -- isn't a must own, as the statue still works just fine without it. A lot of EXs have been small knives lately, or a Batarang...just smaller things that are little additions.

Personally, I think the difference is there between these two heads if someone looks at the piece up close -- or even from a decent distance. I mean, they'll know if Spidey is just firing off with his eyes open -- and the statue works like that! But if they go up and look at it, they'll also know that he's aiming with his eye being slightly closed. It's a detail like many others found within statues that people will see if they choose to look at it closely enough.

3002011-the-amazing-spider-man-03.jpg

300201-the-amazing-spider-man-02.jpg

Not as in your face as say, a frost giant head over an axe (Red Sonja); but I actually like it more than a backpack or a camera (and the camera was my first guess for the second alternate swap out) because of the situation Spidey is in. Doesn't make much sense for him to be on his way to school while pumpkin bombs are blowing up a bridge below him. :lol

I can appreciate that. Very good explanation. I can see both sides of the coin....

I could compromise tho....give me a small pumpkin bomb accessory. Forget about the backpack or camera.

I am very happy with it. My mind is boggling how good this could look as a dio with GG. Time for ssc to redeem itself and get back in the game.

I am very happy with it. My mind is boggling how good this could look as a dio with GG. Time for ssc to redeam itself.

Oh, man, it would.

Remember that cool piece from some sculptor that never came to be? Someone posted it in thread here. It was a 'Death of Gwen Stacy' title or something similar. That was an awesome sight.

I can appreciate that. Very good explanation. I can see both sides of the coin....

I could compromise tho....give me a small pumpkin bomb accessory. Forget about the backpack or camera.

A pumpkin bomb or 2 would of been amazing. Further tell the story of him vs GG give the exclusive that exclusive feel.

There are pumpkin bombs in the base though, exploding. What kind of pumpkin bombs would you guys want? Like...just some random small pieces to lay around the statue?

If they already have a GG planned, why not have him in the reflection of spidey's eyes? Would have to be decals, of course?

If they already have a GG planned, why not have him in the reflection of spidey's eyes? Would have to be decals, of course?

I doubt he's that far planned, and they'd be SO small! Also, unlike the movie posters, I'm pretty sure that Spidey's eyes in the comics aren't mirrors. :)

I like the alternate head, however, I have to say... first of all who squints when they shoot, no you fully close your eye. Actually were trained to shoot with both eyes open. Second, as rapidly as he must be moving in this pose who has time to take aim, hes shooting on the fly. Just food for thought, carry on.

Back