Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no but looking at it the base on the canale one is all sorts of win, plus I can guarantee the edition size will be lower (for those that care about that stuff), the price on the older one is better, and most likely the weight and paint job will be inferior on the new one especially at the price point comparison.

so I don't see how you can say you don't get why people would like their comiquette when you haven't seen it in person.

All that I am saying is that plenty of people don't want to blow their cash on the Canale version simply because of cost.If you aquired the Canale early then :hi5: but anyone who want one now have to eat dirt. I know how amazing the Canale version is simply looking at pictures no denying. I think if you want it great, those are the early SS quality times in that statue no argument. I am saying that the pose (minus the base as I can't see it) looks spectacular. If SS can make this a Cap Allied or Gladiator hulk quality standards I can more than live with it. As long as the Base isn't poo. :lol.

Very glad its not mixed frankly. I would have passed then Dave. :lol

Edit: I say that but they could blow my mind and do it right!

Martin Canale and 1/4 fully sculpted? This is what collectors who missed out on the 1st COM have been waiting for. I feel badly for peeps that bought the JSC COM just to have a Spidey in their collection. This looks like it's going to be the real deal.
Yeah shoot me now. I almost didn't get it because onwasmt a fan of.the Ex but then I convinced myself that otd be years before I got a 1/4 Spidey
This is the quote from Igo
H O L Y ****! Grail? Not sure, but I don't see many selling this guy either
So can we just expect a black and dark blue repaint for this?
Hate to say it but you may be right. If they do I'll pick it up though lol
It's Spider-Man...we'll see every bit of 5K or more easily
Yeah man, especially how popular the JSC Com was before it came out looking below par (for the most part)

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

paint job will be inferior on the new one
If that's the case, then I would hate to see the paint job on the new one. I had 3 of the Comiquettes in-hand, and 2 of them had extremely sloppy paintwork, with something as basic as painting black within the lines. The 3rd that I kept was a bit better, but not perfect by any means.

A friend has the JSC Spidey Comi and I don't think it looks sub-par. :huh
Unfortunately there was alot of variation from piece to piece.
The main gripe was the huge difference from proto to production.

I was looking to sell mine but once MJ & Gwen were added it became an awesome display.
One of the few comic representations I own.

He is in paint now according to Igo, so we should see a PO real soon. Also contrary to the teaser pic, the webbing in his suit is painted black.

Okay let's be clear here. This IS a Martin Canale sculpted Spiderman, and it is designed to be the first part of an entire line. Just look at it

c11f74786c12e4e0486012d5cb973a60_zpsa079bc74.jpg

This is going to be a amazing brother piece to the original Com. There will be things that are better on each, but they will compliment each other beautifully. N the end there is no need to compliment one and slag the other. I own the Original Com, and I am looking at this one and trying to fight the temptation. Thoui may totally fail...lol

If that's the case, then I would hate to see the paint job on the new one. I had 3 of the Comiquettes in-hand, and 2 of them had extremely sloppy paintwork, with something as basic as painting black within the lines. The 3rd that I kept was a bit better, but not perfect by any means.

sorry to hear you had received bad one(s)

with the new one I don't even think they'll bother painting in the black lines to avoid the QC backlash

I never noticed any problems on my Spidey comiquette, and I've been through Rogue-gate and the Ivy fiasco which received passes from collectors simply due to T&A.

Okay let's be clear here. This IS a Martin Canale sculpted Spiderman, and it is designed to be the first part of an entire line. Just look at it

c11f74786c12e4e0486012d5cb973a60_zpsa079bc74.jpg

This is going to be a amazing brother piece to the original Com. There will be things that are better on each, but they will compliment each other beautifully. N the end there is no need to compliment one and slag the other. I own the Original Com, and I am looking at this one and trying to fight the temptation. Thoui may totally fail...lol

Well said Spidey

Back