Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's true...I mean, nothing can be ruled completely out of the question at this point. If there is a swap out head, I'd say the odds are more in favour of it being something different with the eyes, or stylistically (like the Deadpool and Batman PFs); however, we can't say with 100% certainty that an unmasked sculpt isn't possible...I just think it's the most unlikely.

While something like the following image could be plopped down on top of the body with ease, the pose and style of the statue just doesn't scream unmasked to me. There's no real reason for him to have no mask and be swinging around the city. Again, not impossible, I just think it's highly unlikely.

View attachment 185331

Great idea, but I think in order for statue to be a great EX it needs to be something I would defiantly display, and a masked head would all ways be displayed over an unmasked one for me personally

Great idea, but I think in order for statue to be a great EX it needs to be something I would defiantly display, and a masked head would all ways be displayed over an unmasked one for me personally

That's why I said backpack. Wether I displayed it behind the roof edge or on his back... I'd display a backpack. Don't think I'd display a camera at all.

I think a huge portion would go with the masked over an unmasked, which is why I think it's unlikely. That said, nobody said it'd be a great EX (I mean, we've had our fair share of pocket knife EXs as of late), and an EX doesn't automatically mean it'll be displayed with the piece, it can also mean there are simply more options for potential display!

That's why I said backpack. Wether I displayed it behind the roof edge or on his back... I'd display a backpack. Don't think I'd display a camera at all.

tumblr_nco8u0TjaI1qcm0m3o1_500.gif

:lol

It's just nice to have a big Marvel reveal instead of another DC. Noting against DC but we need some more Marvel Love (HT does not count)

We've had five Hulks in the last 12 months. Those count? :lol :lol :lol

It's just nice to have a big Marvel reveal instead of another DC. Noting against DC but we need some more Marvel Love (HT does not count)

So excited... Time to save dah moneys to get dose statues...

I'd expect a variant to be revealed after this has been produced and shipped.
Surprised Igo mentioned their intentions. Potential purchasers should be made aware though, unlike the JSC Spidey.

Igo said something in regards to variants?

Personally I'm hoping the other EX piece is an alternate masked head in the style of a different artist, like they did with the Batman PF's. The current sculpt looks very McFarlane-esque, which is great, but it would be cool to see something like Paolo Rivera's narrower eyes. That said I really can't tell if there's any kind of seam for the head (unless it perfectly lines up with the webbing, which would be pretty awesome) so I can't even tell if that's an option. An unmasked head doesn't really make much sense to me with this pose and style - it's not like Spidey's jumping around all over the place without his mask on. A camera or a backpack wouldn't seem to make much sense either.

Back