Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that's actually a possibility I may wait for that one.
Always liked the black suit and there's always a concern about the webbing on red/blue.

Nice Photoshop there too.

I was curious as to how many people may wait for the variant...or will double dip! I'm sure pricing will affect how some go forward come Tuesday, but I'm sure a good number have an idea if they'd prefer one over the other!

Personally, I'm red and blue all the way. I have nothing against him in black, it's just that the pure classic look and pose of Spidey that this statue captures is what's got me so excited in the first place. If they nail this, then...well, they'll have a lot of happy customers!

After that, I've got no interest in the variant or the rogues...just have to be so selective these days! Hell, I thought I was out of the PF game after Machiko until this one pulled me back in by the webshooters! Though I can't say that an awesome looking Venom wouldn't be tempting, money and timing pending!

I was curious as to how many people may wait for the variant...or will double dip! I'm sure pricing will affect how some go forward come Tuesday, but I'm sure a good number have an idea if they'd prefer one over the other!

Personally, I'm red and blue all the way. I have nothing against him in black, it's just that the pure classic look and pose of Spidey that this statue captures is what's got me so excited in the first place. If they nail this, then...well, they'll have a lot of happy customers!

After that, I've got no interest in the variant or the rogues...just have to be so selective these days! Hell, I thought I was out of the PF game after Machiko until this one pulled me back in by the webshooters! Though I can't say that an awesome looking Venom wouldn't be tempting, money and timing pending!
Red & blue is classic and will always look great but there always seems to be isssues with the webbing. Not all of the time, but enough of the time. I figure the black costume would be easier although there are the lines for the white spider to consider, but I think that would still be easier than the webbing. I don't have room for both and don't really want to spend $ for two. We'll see on Tuesday, ex and price...

I'd take Black and be happy with it.

Exactly. Just like the Hulk is only green in my eyes... Spidey is only red and blue.

Confirmed to be more than $420.

That's a horrible confirmation! :lol You have to show the quote, or say where you heard it, or what context it was brought forth in, or if any other hints were given.

That said, I don't think anyone thought it'd be less than the recent Batman Variant that was released...I just don't think they should be above $450 yet, and I believe most are in the same boat. $429.99 or $439.99 would be hopeful, yet reasonable guesses, I'd think.

Looks like it was from the other forums:

"See that's why, #inIgowetrust is a thing. Thank you so much IGO. Very excited for this. More than $420 on this. Just do a thumbs up or thumbs down to your computer screen…"

Igo Responded:
And….(thumbs up emoji). Its definitely more.

I'm hoping the "definitely" doesn't mean that it's ridiculous to think that $420 is anywhere near reasonable now, but it does sound like it'll be at least $449.99. I still think anything above $450 is far to big a jump from a $399.99 baseline...hell, I think going above $439.99 is too much right now.

Here's hoping they don't go Red Son crazy though, because who knows where they got that number from.

I'm hoping the "definitely" doesn't mean that it's ridiculous to think that $420 is anywhere near reasonable now, but it does sound like it'll be at least $449.99. I still think anything above $450 is far to big a jump from a $399.99 baseline...hell, I think going above $439.99 is too much right now.

Here's hoping they don't go Red Son crazy though, because who knows where they got that number from.

I'm with u all the way dude. I didnt know about that confirmation from Igo, but we already knew it was something above that. I hope its not more than $450.

The last 2 PFs were $470 and neither as major as Spidey...nuff said.

The last 2 PFs were $470 and neither as major as Spidey...nuff said.

it's been a huge price increase from SS lately. They see how much money ppl are paying for XM stuff, and know that they can continue to get away with their crazy price hikes. Even if QC isn't improving on their part, people are shelling out $1k at minimum for XM products, so SS is prolly thinking these guys will easily pay half that amount for something close in quality. A year from now, I'd bet we see $500 pf on a regular basis, not that I care cause I don't buy much SS anyways.

Thats way too high, like Hulk high

Agree. There is no way they can dignify charging the same price as the hulk. He is a small character even. This can not exceed $450... If it does, I'll contemplate packing my bags, and leaving the collectors game.

Anything above $450 and people will need to rethink double dipping on the variant. I think most people will need to choose one or the other.

I know I'll have to rethink it. Now it's wait and see, I guess...

Anything above $450 and people will need to rethink double dipping on the variant. I think most people will need to choose one or the other.

I know I'll have to rethink it. Now it's wait and see, I guess...

Yeah. By no means do I not think its awesome. This statue looks amazing. But I can't justify spending too much... This two day wait!!!

anigif_original-grid-image-22768-1376336504-51.gif

Last edited:
I'm not much into SM, only SM I'd spend around 500$ for would be a 2099 version, and it should have an awesome execution.
Say, if Sideshow made a low ES, good QC variant of this PF, with the 2099 suit and with a futuristic/sci fi base, I'd shell out that kind of money.

Back