Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here ...this is my only 1/4 scale Spider-Man statue I have and want.

I also have this- it is totally awesome and absolutely the centerpiece of my collection!

Lulz at SS raising the price of it, though... :cuckoo:

I also have this- it is totally awesome and absolutely the centerpiece of my collection!

Lulz at SS raising the price of it, though... :cuckoo:

this went up for order ~3 years ago, factory costs have gone up since then. I think they increase the price $25? IMO that's not unreasonable over 3 years.

No, I don't think a $25 increase is unreasonable at all, but I do think it's kind of funny! Hence my "lulz"!

So if I dont currently own any 1/4 scale pieces should I grab this? I have no question about the look of it, I love it. But its just......big. I have looked at 1/6 scale pieces and nothing really stands out to me.

So if I dont currently own any 1/4 scale pieces should I grab this? I have no question about the look of it, I love it. But its just......big. I have looked at 1/6 scale pieces and nothing really stands out to me.

Tread carefully into 1/4 scale. They’re like potato chips, you can’t stop at just having one :)

Check out the Kotobukiya fine art Spidey. That's an incredible looking 1/6 scale Spidey but it costs a pretty penny nowadays. I have it and think it's one of the very best sculpts of Spidey ever made.

Tread carefully into 1/4 scale. They’re like potato chips, you can’t stop at just having one :)

My first (and only) 1/4 scale was the Heat Seeker Deadpool. He is my favorite marvel character right along with Spider-Man. I ended returning after mine had issues and SS was being a little bit of a hassle. I loved the statue and plan on getting it back some day, especially if I decide on this particular Spider-man since I think theyll look great together. My issue was that I only have 1/6 stuff. My collection is very small, it used to be bigger but had to sell a few pieces here and there. I only have 2 detolfs and both are filled with small collectible pieces. I absolutely love the detail and presence a 1/4 scale can give but in my current living arrangement its hard to properly display them which turns to me not properly appreciating them.

I say all that and as it stands currently I have Geralt from the Witcher on PO from Prime 1 as well as the Hunter from Bloodborne on PO from Prime 1. So I guess its inevitable that I am going to have some big statues here sooner rather than later. I was trying to limit the big statues to strictly videogame characters but its looking more and more likely thats not going to happen cause I simply cannot pass on this Spider-man...

Check out the Kotobukiya fine art Spidey. That's an incredible looking 1/6 scale Spidey but it costs a pretty penny nowadays. I have it and think it's one of the very best sculpts of Spidey ever made.

I love that statue actually but there is no way in hell I am paying upwards of $600. If I have to pay a dollar over what I can acquire the 1/4 scale one for then its gonna be a no from me. Just crazy that they have not been able to come out with even a remotely interesting Spider-man statue ever since. Their newest one is absolutely terrible.

Simple answer is yes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is a no brainer for any spider-man fan

- the sculpt on this is excellent
- the dynamic pose is iconic spider-man, almost leaping right out of a comic book.
- Throw in that it's classic spider-man suit and not sideshow-ified
- and the price compared to new premium formats today is a relative steal IMO

I love that statue actually but there is no way in hell I am paying upwards of $600. If I have to pay a dollar over what I can acquire the 1/4 scale one for then its gonna be a no from me. Just crazy that they have not been able to come out with even a remotely interesting Spider-man statue ever since. Their newest one is absolutely terrible.

Yeah, that's why I said it'll cost a pretty penny nowadays. I actually had 2 of them but sold one a few years ago and I got over $500 for it back then. I can see why you would rather get the new PF if you've got to spend $600 for the Koto Spidey. I personally have the Koto Spidey and the original Comiquette representing Spidey in my collection so I didn't pick up the new PF. However, the new PF is a great looking Spidey. It'll display well in any collection.

Welp, thats about all the convincing I need. Whether I ever get more 1/4 scales pieces or not I just love everything about this and know for a fact we'll never see another 1/4 Spider-man statue of this quality for $500.

I managed to snag an Ex for a good price. Amazing statue. Much better in person than photos. I still don’t like the explosion that much, but Spidey completely makes up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a bit bummed I will miss out on the hand that has the web shooting from it, I dont care about the squinting expressing though.

Yep- I never displayed this PF without the EX web hand, though the EX squinting eye head is worthless, IMHO, as it looks almost exactly the same as the standard, non-EX one. I really wish they would've give us an EX head that was unmasked or had a wildly different eye size.

With that said, though, anyone who is a Spidey fan and can afford this will not regret buying it!

Back