Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
big fan of how much the ratio of "collectors" who are disappointed they got a defective item goes up when an item starts rising in the secondary market.

That assumes 100% participation by everyone who bought one on the forum. Which is highly doubtful.

I see what you're saying cause so far only 57 voters for Spidey. Where is everybody else, we should have at least 300-400 people here alone that have already got theirs (that's still a fraction of the ES) that should've of voted by now. I think people either don't like this forum and they don't want to participate or maybe don't want to say anything cause they're afraid to be bashed for complaining about a bad one.

I see what you're saying cause so far only 57 voters for Spidey. Where is everybody else, we should have at least 300-400 people here alone that have already got theirs (that's still a fraction of the ES) that should've of voted by now. I think people either don't like this forum and they don't want to participate or maybe don't want to say anything cause they're afraid to be bashed for complaining about a bad one.

This is what I'm starting to feel like, unfortunately it's also one of the better places for News and I still collect but I can easily see myself leaving at some point due to the negativity. It's gotten to the point where it starts when a piece is announced.

People seem to forget this forum is a teen tiny fraction, even including the other forum.
And the poll currently represents less than 1%....

I love mine, can't wait to see more of Venom.

That assumes 100% participation by everyone who bought one on the forum. Which is highly doubtful.

You don't need a 100% particiption in a poll to have statisitically significant results. Typically, If you have universe with an n=3000, then a sample size of 10% is way more than enough to have significant power. Sideshow doesn't open and check over 10% of the statues to determine QC, so the size of this poll is more than enough to confirm that too many of these statues shipped with unacceptable defects.

You don't need a 100% particiption in a poll to have statisitically significant results. Typically, If you have universe with an n=3000, then a sample size of 10% is way more than enough to have significant power. Sideshow doesn't open and check over 10% of the statues to determine QC, so the size of this poll is more than enough to confirm that too many of these statues shipped with unacceptable defects.

Okay let's talk statistics since you clearly want to get into it. To determine the results based on a sample size with an accuracy you need a sample size derivative of the total population to get a statistical out put confidence level. So if you say wanted to have a 95% accurate polling of the population your sample size needs to be a certain percentage of the total.

Let's deal with just the exclusive here, a total number of 2500pcs. In order for you to get a confidence level of 95% with a 5% margin for error on a total population of 2500 is a sample size of 344pcs. Now if you really want to collect empirical data instead of just throwing numbers in the wind You can go try and fine another 290 people to click on that poll.

This is what I'm starting to feel like, unfortunately it's also one of the better places for News and I still collect but I can easily see myself leaving at some point due to the negativity. It's gotten to the point where it starts when a piece is announced.

I think I would be lost and uninformed of everything going on in the statue world if a forum like this wasn't here for us as collectors to read and share. I don't take it personally if I read any of the negative things posted, because you gotta be able to take the good with the bad. Some people will come across like saints but others will come across like Donald Trump, but it still doesn't take away from enjoying an informative site like this with so many wonderful pictures and videos added.

Tbh I don't know if I would like a poll cause it would just make me more irritated that I didn't get a good statue :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's a poll thread because people seem to think the numbers will show Sideshow shipped more defects than good pieces. It's a tad ridiculous.

I started it for the reason stated in the first post, which reads: "Seems to me the people having paint issues or "It's broken" issues have been 100% the EX version."

I was curious if there was a correlation in which version you purchased. Only 3 people with the regular version have participated, so not much can be gathered yet.

The polls are pretty much useless here. I don't mean to be rude, but I have seen 3 different regs at LCSs and they were all PERFECT, and I didn't vote 3 times. Straight up for every 1 Spidey I have seen with issues I have seen 10 that the owners praised as being perfect.

Well guy, just did my final payment. Fingers crossed!

"Thanks for contacting us again and letting me know!

Your order has been processed successfully. I noted the order to inspect the statue prior to shipping so hopefully you'll receive it without any paint flaws or defects. It may take an additional day or two for them to do this and then they'll ship it out. You'll receive an e-mail with tracking information once it does.

Please reply back if you need anything else!"

Well guy, just did my final payment. Fingers crossed!

"Thanks for contacting us again and letting me know!

Your order has been processed successfully. I noted the order to inspect the statue prior to shipping so hopefully you'll receive it without any paint flaws or defects. It may take an additional day or two for them to do this and then they'll ship it out. You'll receive an e-mail with tracking information once it does.

Please reply back if you need anything else!"

Good luck man :clap

And my process went thru and it looks like I'll be returning mine and jumping on the wait list for the regular and EX. Hoping one converts.

Facebook groups are a joke

Which ones have you tried? There's a small one I really like I've learned so much from them and gotten great deals on statues. Plus meet ups are fun to hang out with other collectors.

I hope you convert and get a real good 1 this time, bro. It seems to be all luck now to get 1 that is flawless.

Idk man, it seems a lot of guys here say they get perfect ones. I just seems like I got unlucky.

I hope I get one too, Spidey is my favorite and means a lot to me.

In already on the WL for the reg, I can jump in the EX one after SSC gets this one back.

Back