Premium Format New Sideshow Spider-Man (Comic) PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They also sent me two regular heads! I had to destroy one of them, them they sent me an EX head, which fit fine, though I prefer how the piece looks with the regular head.

Spidey also join to my team :hi5:

1749.jpg

I got my ex this weekend and... Another bad statue. I was hoping so badly that I would get a good one, but I have bad paint all over mine. Bad paint on the legs, around the right arm/hand, even on the girder/iron piece. There is paint on the tissue paper from the base, girder/iron part and Spiderman. Even though there's paint on the paper where the base is set, I can't tell where exactly on the base the paint rubbed off.. Oh well, I hope I can get it replaced without any issues.

So what does SS do with the returns?? Do they repackage them and resell them hoping the next buyer lives with the defects?? Or do they destroy them? If the latter then the final ES will not be 5000 and could be far smaller. I figure with so many defects they could easily have their manufacturer run off another 100-200 replacements to keep customers happy.

So what does SS do with the returns?? Do they repackage them and resell them hoping the next buyer lives with the defects?? Or do they destroy them? If the latter then the final ES will not be 5000 and could be far smaller. I figure with so many defects they could easily have their manufacturer run off another 100-200 replacements to keep customers happy.

I doubt very highly they sell them. Unless a very select few with minor damages goes to a warehouse to be sold later...

SSC has flat out denied reselling whole statues, but, and I may be wrong, I do believe that they have said that they do take parts and salvage them if they are acceptable. As for replacement parts, those ship out in batches just like the statues. People often can get in a waitlist and thoug it might take some time they can often get a replacement down the road.

Maybe there's a way to melt off the paint with some sort of thinner and they repaint it for their symbiote version? :huh :lol

Would it be strange to have an in house painter do touch ups etc on returned statues?

For Sideshow... yes. smaller companies do it, but with the volume produced by Sideshow, edition sizes and such, they'd probably need a whole team. A 5000-6000-7000 edition size by Sideshow is the equivalent of 6-7 combined edition sizes by other companies, can't see one guy tackling all the work.

For the amount of complaining and returns there is for paint issues, I doubt they don't do something to it and resell them. They would be stuck with tons of stock just for paint issues ? I don't buy it.

Back