NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally opened my Dutch figure.. will need a little messing around with the clothing to get it perfect but damn is it a cool figure.

i gotta say, i am in the minority here, but i am very underwhelmed by this figure. i am glad they altered the headsculpt and it turned out pretty good - in the prototype. As did the paint. The head looks like it lost detail in the making of the plastic version, and the paint looks absolutely nothing like the prototype or the box. I got the SSC exclusive edition, but now I am thinking about returning it or selling it or something. I don't know, I will have to sit on it and think (NOT LITERALLY!) Oh also, that neck looks REALLY awkward to me.

i gotta say, i am in the minority here, but i am very underwhelmed by this figure. i am glad they altered the headsculpt and it turned out pretty good - in the prototype. As did the paint. The head looks like it lost detail in the making of the plastic version, and the paint looks absolutely nothing like the prototype or the box. I got the SSC exclusive edition, but now I am thinking about returning it or selling it or something. I don't know, I will have to sit on it and think (NOT LITERALLY!) Oh also, that neck looks REALLY awkward to me.

Well since you do have the figure in-hand you know yourself what you see and what you think of it. You must do what you feel is right.

The neck issue is rectifiable though if thats worth anything to you.

Dutch and the Pred arrived on Friday. Have been busy with family stuff, so I have only had a few moments to examine them. However, I am extremely pleased with both figures. They are awesome and well worth the wait!

I could be interested, even though u only have one post, I need me some Dutch Ex really bad!!!! :naughty

yea, it's a tough decision. i will give it a little bit of time first and just digest. see if i have buyer's remorse. oh, i know some people mod'd the neck - what did you do? and skiman, you will be the first i ask if I decide to do it. i will let you know. and when we talk, you will know all will be smooth ;-)

yea, it's a tough decision. i will give it a little bit of time first and just digest. see if i have buyer's remorse. oh, i know some people mod'd the neck - what did you do? and skiman, you will be the first i ask if I decide to do it. i will let you know. and when we talk, you will know all will be smooth ;-)

:rock :rock :rock well now u have 2 post so I feel much better :lol

Thanks man, much appreciated!!!

Just did the neck mod myself last night. Its simply a case of pulling the head off and removing the socket from inside. Some people trim the socket down and reinsert it but in actual fact if you simply remove it completely and plop the head back down it shaves off exactly the amount of excess neck that you'd desire. Only problem is, without the socket, the head might fall off if the figure takes a fall.

I got mine last week and overall, it's a great figure but I have an issue with mine.
There's a hole in his throat where apparently HT cut off a molding spout, on mine it's extremely evident when his head is turned to the side:
dscf0006wnd.jpg

In person it's much worse.
Anyone else have this issue, or should I call Sideshow about a replacement?

I've got the exact same thing. I'm keeping his head forward though so I'm keeping mine.
Doesn't bother me too much since I can't see it. It would be a bit of trouble for me getting a replacment now too since its from Japan.

King darkness pics in the gallery section of this figure are awesome.

All of my Rambo's have this too, they are not meant to be posed with head turned to the side. Well that is if you want to I guess but on a rubber body it looks funny.

I got mine last week and overall, it's a great figure but I have an issue with mine.
There's a hole in his throat where apparently HT cut off a molding spout, on mine it's extremely evident when his head is turned to the side:
dscf0006wnd.jpg

In person it's much worse.
Anyone else have this issue, or should I call Sideshow about a replacement?

I have it too, pretty sure it'll be on every figure, not sure a replacement will do much for you. Any figure without the head mod is going to show it, the head is just too high up to conceal it, which shows that the head is misproduced for the body. I think that spot is necessary for making the muscle body but if the heads are properly placed on it, you won't see that spot, they messed up on Dutch so it shows.

All of my Rambo's have this too, they are not meant to be posed with head turned to the side. Well that is if you want to I guess but on a rubber body it looks funny.

Yes my Rambo 3 has this as well ........... its not as noticable when the head is straight forward. I don't mind it.

I have it too, pretty sure it'll be on every figure, not sure a replacement will do much for you. Any figure without the head mod is going to show it, the head is just too high up to conceal it, which shows that the head is misproduced for the body. I think that spot is necessary for making the muscle body but if the heads are properly placed on it, you won't see that spot, they messed up on Dutch so it shows.

So did Elämän merimies modify his neck? Because if mine was in this pose it would be very evident:
DUTCH_pose.jpg

Yes my Rambo 3 has this as well ........... its not as noticable when the head is straight forward. I don't mind it.
My Rambo II, Drake, and couple of other HT muscle bodies I own have a small circular depression that's not too obvious but not a hole, Dutch has a hole in his throat unfortunately.

My Rambo II, Drake, and couple of other HT muscle bodies I own have a small circular depression that's not too obvious but not a hole, Dutch has a hole in his throat unfortunately.

Oh I see, I just took a better look, that is unfortunate but I would just pose the head looking straight forward. :)

Here's a better pic of the neck hole. His head is way too far to the side in the pic, but it makes it easier to photograph the hole. The hole is evident in all but straight forward or very slightly off to the side and it's bothering the hell out of me.:(
dscf0009.jpg

Mine has that also, as I think they all would.

Just pose him dead on straight, or do the neck shortening mod as that will help a little.

That, I would ask about a replacement on, I thought you meant the circular imprint from the molding, not sure what that hole's about though, that's not a production mark.

Back