1/6 Hot Toys MMS250 - Aliens vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Ancient Predator Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even free shipping would be great..

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

The 3 bad boys still have some work to do on them image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Those look great Mike. The silver lenses really make these look so much better. I love the use of that GI Joe diorama base. It fits really well. I was going to copy the idea, but that diorama seems to be pretty pricey now.

I finally gave up waiting for a price drop on this guy and ordered him. Should get him late next week. I still think the original asking price is too high, but I had a bunch of rewards points burning a hole in my pocket so he only ended up costing me $100 shipped.

Ancient is such a great Pred to have in your collection. Not a lot of screen time, but I love his overall look and biomask options. Also, my favorite style of armor of the AVP Preds (although I did add upper arm armor pieces from Celtic to round out his look). I haven't even busted out the base and alien head-spear yet!

20141231_075732_zpsxpslzq75.jpg

20141231_085650_zpskuvpauuf.jpg

20141231_075617_zps1emqd2qu.jpg
20141231_085615_zpsa4g1xzsk.jpg

20150107_093900_zps6fxsw2vk.jpg
Preds_ancient_zpsc1863b04.jpg

i made out of my ancient the one on his right side in the fight Scene against Aliens . i call him Pyramide pred :=)
Handmade custom Alien head and spear . Trophys . mask can be orderd :=)13.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 559
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 557
Is there a very kind guy that can post a close up picture comparison of Ancient and Scar armor and masks? I need to see if there are color differences, because I'm planning to buy Scar and some parts of the Ancient to have an alternative without buying two figures. Thanks!

I'd also like to know if Scar plasma cannon fits Ancient armor..!
Thank you very much!!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Is there a very kind guy that can post a close up picture comparison of Ancient and Scar armor and masks? I need to see if there are color differences, because I'm planning to buy Scar and some parts of the Ancient to have an alternative without buying two figures. Thanks!

I'd also like to know if Scar plasma cannon fits Ancient armor..!
Thank you very much!!

The Ancient Pred has a rust or copper colored wash on his armor that isn't on Scar's armor. It's pretty subtle and not very noticeable from a distance, but up close you can see it a bit better.

Here's a pic of all 3 AvP 2.0 Preds together. Sorry the pic isn't the greatest. Unfortunately I am moving soon so all my figures are boxed up in storage so I can't take a better pic for you.
15p5qv8.jpg

Also, here is a close up of the Ancient Pred's bio mask where you can see the wash I was referring to.
b4w4ts.jpg

Thank you so much mister_e! Now I can see the difference also in the official Hot Toys pictures, so if I want to make a "custom" Ancient I'll need to buy all of the armor pieces. Thank you again!

Bought one on eBay at last.. Not cheap, but I really wanted it for a Predator collection I'd like to start. Now let's wait for his arrival..

Sent from my BatPad using Tapatalk

I thought this was kinda overpriced on Sideshow, but I sort of regret not picking it up. I have all the other Predators, after all.

I suppose I will practice a bit of necromancy on this thread. Anyway... I got the Ancient Predator in yesterday and it is a great looking figure. Paid out the ass for it, but hey, hot toys is worth it.

Though there is one thing... I looked through the thread, and at a few review videos, and I saw that on the chest of this figure he usually comes with some sort of mini skull on his leather strap.

I bought mine new from a Chinese dealer on eBay, it was still in it's brown shipper, everything was still wrapped up like hot toys figures usually are so I am not suspicious of them messing with it or anything... but for some reason mine didn't come with that.

In fact the leather strap wasn't even connected to the chest piece, I kind of just figured eh, super glued it to the figure, boom problem solved. (Granted somehow a drop of it fell on the leather strap some how, I swear superglue has a mind of its own lol)

Then I thought about it some more, and was like oh wait, what? Why did I have to do that, it should have came molded on right? Has this happened to anyone else?

Regardless, if you are a fan of the AvP Preds and you can find him cheap, jump on him. At the time of this post there is currently one on Amazon that is like new opened no box for 225 plus shipping.

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0116.JPG

I'll probably pick him up down the line; been reluctant as he's quite similar to Celtic. The speared Alien head is too cool though

finally picked this guy up at a good price, well below original selling price! Can't wait to add him the clan! Great anniversary gift from the wife, best wife ever!!!!!

Back