NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't go as far as saying I modified the neck, as I just pulled the whole 'socket thingy' out... I didn't want to dismember the socket part as some others have done. Head stays on just fine without it, but the "spot" still shows a bit...

Thanks for the explanation EM!

A-dev, I actually don't mind the neck length on the stock figure so I wouldn't modify the head anyways, but since I'm going to try and get a replacement, I don't want to damage the figure trying to remove the plug.

I think they unintentionally tore out some material when they were cutting the molding spout off the body on mine. I already contacted Sideshow on this with a link to the picture, we'll see what they have to say.

Great pics btw Maul Fan!

Excellent pics, wish I had the patience to do that and learn how to add the effects. Just one shot I was hoping to see was the Predator sussing out the overhanging sharpened stakes in the "Camann kill me ahm heeere" scene. Maybe he doesn't quite have the poseability for it or the exact face for it.

He has enough and I plan to do that image, but no props for that, will require a fair bit of Photoshop work to get the spikes and everything.

Can someone post a picture of the 'socket thingy' so I know what (and how) to remove it.

On the plus side...the wife saw the entry going throught the account for Dutch today and asked what it was. I had it all planned out and scripted and as I started with the 'It's my Arnie Predator figure and...' she stopped me dead with 'Oh, that's Ok then. Just wondered what it was.'.

She KNOWS man, she KNOWS how much I've waited for this figure.

Also - £127.00 delivered direct from sideshow. That's the cheapest I've seen it in the UK - exclusive edition too...BARGAIN!!!

A-dev, I actually don't mind the neck length on the stock figure so I wouldn't modify the head anyways, but since I'm going to try and get a replacement, I don't want to damage the figure trying to remove the plug.

Yeah I found it tolerable enough that I didn't instantly do the mod. Mainly I did it out of boredom last night. Now that I have done it I'm glad. It improves his head:body proportions by getting rid of the pinhead look which is itself created by the head resting atop the noticeably narrowing neck. With the mod this narrowness of the upper neck gets hidden up inside the head leaving only the Arnie-esque bullneck exposed. Great thing about this is anyone can do it anytime.

great pics MF.............i can see by the width of the blades that you cant get a shot of P1 pinning dutch to the ground/tree trunk..........which would have been a cool as hell pic but probably never a pose that would be kept for display. :chew.........come on ssc i needs me some predator....:D

great pics MF.............i can see by the width of the blades that you cant get a shot of P1 pinning dutch to the ground/tree trunk..........which would have been a cool as hell pic but probably never a pose that would be kept for display. :chew.........come on ssc i needs me some predator....:D

Actually, even in the film they can't do it. I believe the idea was for people to not notice, but they actually form like a Y shape in order from them to go around Dutch's neck in that shot.

Can someone post a picture of the 'socket thingy' so I know what (and how) to remove it.

On the plus side...the wife saw the entry going throught the account for Dutch today and asked what it was. I had it all planned out and scripted and as I started with the 'It's my Arnie Predator figure and...' she stopped me dead with 'Oh, that's Ok then. Just wondered what it was.'.

She KNOWS man, she KNOWS how much I've waited for this figure.

Also - £127.00 delivered direct from sideshow. That's the cheapest I've seen it in the UK - exclusive edition too...BARGAIN!!!

Morbo took a picture of it in his neck modifying post here:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1712209&postcount=1716
Here's his pic, it's a plastic tube that's glued into the head:
SL732164.jpg

Actually, even in the film they can't do it. I believe the idea was for people to not notice, but they actually form like a Y shape in order from them to go around Dutch's neck in that shot.

yea i kind of figured that they spread the blades just for that shot because the rest of the time you see the blades they are closer together.......but not to say that a predators blades couldn't widen in real life......:monkey3.

Also - £127.00 delivered direct from sideshow. That's the cheapest I've seen it in the UK - exclusive edition too...BARGAIN!!![/QUOTE]

what he said!!! :banana:naughty:banana:joy

oh wait, so the neck piece is able to be put back on if you take it off?

There's a soft rubber plug inside all Hot Toys heads where the neck isn't sculpted that a ball joint goes into, and basically a small bit of glue at the edge of where the plug touches to the head is all that holds it in. Gently break that seal and you can pop the plug out. Some people have cut part of that plug off and put it back in, but I find that the Dutch head is tight enough around the muscle body neck without the plug that you can just plop the head on that way.

i dont know if its worth it , but SS finally converted me from the waitlist for the EX version. had to play the wait game. if it didnt convert was going to buy the reg. edition but happy it did

Can anyone tell me if I just did something a bit stupid? I took a black permanent marker to the ammo vest and darkened it to more closely match the way it appears in most of the film. Actually quite effective. But could the marker bleed through the damn thing and into the rubber muscle body?? I haven't put the ammo vest back on yet, I should at least leave it a couple of days. Recommendations on preventative measures besides ''don't be an idiot in future''?

maybe you should have asked first a-dev. :lol
Either way I hope it doesn't ruin anything , thinking about it I doubt it would but to be honest I haven't a clue.

Back