NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you interested, the survival version is now available at Toys R Us. I found about a dozen on the shelf last night. I much prefer this version to the previous one. The headsculpt is great, the paint is clean, and the likeness is much more realistic. Even if you own the first version, I'd highly recommend adding this one to your collection.

Sure, it look not like his style.

I hope he finds the time and make a stunning Rambo 2 facesculpt.

I'd say a lot has to do with the paint, the Stallone's look great in raw form but the paint, especially the eyes, is often the let down. Rocky 4 seems like a really nice sculpt but the paint makes him look half asleep. The eyes on the first Rambo are great but the skin is so translucent it's hard to make out the facial features without specific lighting.

I'd say a lot has to do with the paint, the Stallone's look great in raw form but the paint, especially the eyes, is often the let down. Rocky 4 seems like a really nice sculpt but the paint makes him look half asleep. The eyes on the first Rambo are great but the skin is so translucent it's hard to make out the facial features without specific lighting.

The main problem on the Stallone sculpts on the final figures is, that the head is a way to small/long. With this error, the face looks cartoonish.

I dont know why Neca not inprove this, many other figures have not this problem.

Compare the later Rocky prototypes and final figures with the first prototyp of the facesculpt.

https://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=vi...ocky-IV-bts.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=18016

This sculpt looks near perfect, the proportions are way better.
I hope the Rambo 2 ad 3 figures have a facesculpt, that looks like this.

Except that Rocky sculpt looks mean and ready to kick *** and the paint makes the final figure look about to fall asleep. NECA's doing a fine sculpting job with Rambo but the paint apps as skin have hurt the overall look, it's like Rambo isn't a big deal so he's coming from the lesser factory while Predators get the best.

Bring On Rambo 2 Figures

20131106_191315_zps1ebb158e.jpg

20131106_191257_zps77919e31.jpg

don't be surpised if we get an 8" Mego Rambo in '14

Neca is also looking at Rocky aswell

sorry just googled it and NOT INTERESTED IN NO DOLLS:mad: I'm staying away from those THINGS:lol

It's a bit of nostalgia for us old farts who grew up in the 70's and 80's. Generation Hipsters need not apply.

Back