NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except that Rocky sculpt looks mean and ready to kick *** and the paint makes the final figure look about to fall asleep. NECA's doing a fine sculpting job with Rambo but the paint apps as skin have hurt the overall look, it's like Rambo isn't a big deal so he's coming from the lesser factory while Predators get the best.

What you mean with Predators get the best ?

On Rambo, not only the paint is the problem, the face are to small/long and looks weird. The problem are not so big on the prototyps, but it aleays here(excepr the Rocky 4 proto picture I posted).

What you mean with Predators get the best ?

To turn out product like they do, NECA has multiple factories or at least production lines in the factories, and you can tell by the wide variety of quality that some figures get the best quality NECA's capable of, like the Predator line, and things like Rocky and Rambo which aren't their biggest properties get lesser quality. They're not horrible but I don't consider them NECA's best either.

From twitter

8e4u2eqy.jpg

Nice, see "them" at Toy Fair, guess instead of misleading with a single prototype thinking it's one figure, they're going to show each version, at least I hope they mean that and not just Rambo 2 prototype along with the 2 First Blood figures. I just hate how they always showed the First Blood figure with parts from each version and then released it as two, I'd prefer to see what an individual release will look like.

My guess is 2 figures from Rambo 2, no shirt with red bandana and bow, tank top variant with black bandana and machine gun.

Not likely, going off the First Blood figures and the Rambo line, NECA's only going to do subtle variant figures, Halo would require too many newly sculpted parts.

I just hope they eventually do Rambo 4, not likely, but it'd be awesome.

Rambo 4 would be cool but I don't know how I feel about a slightly Bloated Rambo:D

Hopefully Rambo sell's well and we can get another 2 Variants from Rambo 3. Maybe Rambo in a Helicopter like in part 2 or a Tank like in Part 3. That would be Epic and I would buy all of them.

While Sly wasn't cut in Rambo 4 like the others, he wasn't fat either, he was bulky, he was like a grizzly bear build.

It's great that Neca is still doing Rambo, I just wish they would do a couple of Rocky and Rambo figures in 1/4 scale like they are doing with Batman and Predator.

Just received both First Blood figures today. They're both great overall, and I surprisingly like the bandanna version better. The head sculpt is way better than pictures lead you to believe. These are staying in the package for now. I can't wait for series 3!

^^^ Let them Breath!!! I'm also patiently waiting on Series 2/3 (?) ..........Rambo First Blood 2 series.

I've kept all of the Neca Rocky figures in the package, so I may do the same with Rambo. I'm not sure yet, because no way in hell will I be able to keep the FB part II figures in the package. :lol

Just received both First Blood figures today. They're both great overall, and I surprisingly like the bandanna version better. The head sculpt is way better than pictures lead you to believe. These are staying in the package for now. I can't wait for series 3!

I haven't seen the poncho figure in person but the bandana one definitely is hard to photograph well, the skin is just so weird how it reacts to light with a camera. In hand, under the right light you can see how good it is. If the skin were up to Rocky quality it'd be an amazing figure. Hope Rambo 2 is a step up.

I haven't seen the poncho figure in person but the bandana one definitely is hard to photograph well, the skin is just so weird how it reacts to light with a camera. In hand, under the right light you can see how good it is. If the skin were up to Rocky quality it'd be an amazing figure. Hope Rambo 2 is a step up.

The poncho version has a great sculpt as well, and the skin is more comparable to the Rocky figures. Not sure if this applies to all of them, but the wash of paint that is applied over the translucent plastic (to make it more realistic) is almost too dark on mine. It makes him appear as if he is dirty (though fitting for the character) I don't think it was intentional. Other wise these are two great figures by NECA and I can't wait to see what they do for II and III.

Back