NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've been looking for Knifehead locally and was about to give up. So I happen to stroll into fye and I walk over to the figure isle and low and behold, KNIFEHEAD!!! It was the only Pacific Rim figure they had and I got him! :yess:

^^^grats!! :clap

im thinkin about painting a blue wash at the back of my knifeheads mouth.. have it slowy fade out as it gets close to front of mouth, attempt to add the glowing effect. has anyone tried this? cant be alone in thinkin it. the jaw opens rather wide so shouldn't be hard to do.
https://www.cinemablend.com/images/news/37763/_1369763638.jpg

also hoping a japanese company does a line of pac rim figs, so may accesssores that could come with each, gipsy with alternate plasma cannon arm, open hands, chain swords... striker with opening chest to reveal the cannons, crimson with alternate blade formed hands that spin etc. etc........

Sorry if this has been posted already, don't think it has...
For some time NECA had this proto displayed on their booth... this is in scale with the 18" Gipsy!!! It's massive and a guy at NECA told me they are really trying to get at LEAST this guy made...

74913_10201281682301091_232172262_n.jpg

Damn! This will take a lot of space. Knifehead is looking sick.

I saw them at a local collectors show going for about $30 each. If you guys can't find it at TRU check out your LCS. It may cost a few bucks more than TRU but worth the hassle.

NECA_TOYS: Planning Wave 3 of Pacific Rim right now along with more 18". As long as sales remain strong these babies will be yours...

Leatherback looks really cool, but also misses some paintapps on his teeth. And that shoulder articulation leaves me worried. It looks balljointed but with the design it might as well be swivels.

Leatherback looks really cool, but also misses some paintapps on his teeth. And that shoulder articulation leaves me worried. It looks balljointed but with the design it might as well be swivels.

That and the apparent lack of arm swivels are the only issues I have with what looks to be an otherwise great figure.

Hoping for more 18" figures. They just said also that Cherno Alpha is going to happen. That would be series 3 I guess, I hope he comes along with Coyote Tango. I love that design.

Does anyone here have a crimson typhoon that has extremely loose joints?
The knee joints are so loose that the figure has to be in a 'squatting' position all the time. So pissed.

The knee joints are so loose that the figure has to be in a 'squatting' position all the time. So pissed.

Same here. I wich the Feet had side to side articulation as well.

Mine is very loose too and my Gipsy has very loose feet.

Mine is very loose too and my Gipsy has very loose feet.

My crimson typhoon is also very loose and can barely stand straight up, usually falls over. My gypsy danger is also kind of loose and has fallen down a few times. I really hope NECA steps up the QA, I'd be fine if the figures were a little bit more but didn't have these lame issues.

Back