Infinity Studio: Pacific Rim - Crimson Typhoon Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Infinity Studio 开天工作室 said:
NEW PRODUCT
Heavy Mecha - Pacific Rim - Crimson Typhoon (Jaeger) 30 cm Action Figure[/b]
Directed by Guillermo del Toro, the 2013 film "Pacific Rim" created a group of powerful and industrial-looking giant mechs with wild imaginations. Among the four showcased mechs, "Crimson Typhoon", manufactured in Changzhou, left a deep impression on the audience with its fluid movements, making it the most renowned representative of "Chinese Jaegers" on the big screen.
Our new sub-brand - <Heavy Mecha> is dedicated to recreating every intricate detail from the movie and delivering a premium finished toy of unparalleled quality. In order to reflect the mechs' approximately 80-meter size in the movie, the toy's height approaches 30cm, surpassing the height of mainstream alloy figures on the market.
Crimson Typhoon has six LED light positions distributed throughout its body, including the eyes, reactor, and thrusters, resulting in a stunning statue-like effect when all are illuminated. The mech's frame is made of alloy material, providing a solid and heavy feel. The distinctive three arms of Crimson Typhoon have been meticulously designed, and the two right arms can transform into the spinning wheel and palm forms using replacement parts. The spinning wheels have built-in bearings that allow for extended rotation. The left arm adopts an unprecedented integrated transformation structure, achieving a seamless conversion between palm and weapon without the need for any replacement parts. The mech's feet are equipped with magnets that can be attached to the display base, allowing for a support-free display that is aesthetically pleasing.
Heavy Mecha incorporates the craftsmanship of statue-level detailing into the finished product. The outer armor of Crimson Typhoon undergoes multiple painting processes, hand-painted to recreate realistic weathering and chipped paint effects, resulting in a true "poseable statue." The mech has over 80 warning signs and graffiti markings, all faithfully reproduced using transfer printing technology. As part of the figure, the display base has also received meticulous metallic weathering paintwork, creating a strong sense of unity when displayed alongside the mech.
In the future, we will introduce more figures from the <Pacific Rim> Series!
--------------------
[Product Type] Fully articulated painted figure
[Product Size] Approximately 30cm in height
[Materials] ABS, POM, PVC, alloy
[Contents]
Crimson Typhoon figure * 1
Replacement weapon hands * 2
Dedicated display base * 1
[Bonus Accessories (Included with pre-orders only)]
Platform scene lights * 4
Special effect parts * 3
Exclusive display plaque * 1

EEe6KAq.jpg

ZaPIr8B.jpg

c8wtF2w.jpg

cvShJjD.jpg

P4XrW10.jpg

Placed an order with Kit.

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4571
I've been wanting for a company to make diecast figures of the Jeagers from the first movie for a while now. I thought Threezero would do a really good job with this under their DLX line but it never happened. Their post also mentions that there will be more coming from this line so I'm guessing they'll do the other 3.

12", magnetic base + feet, LED throughout the body and fully diecast. :blissy

qR6iVTi.jpg

Overall a decent deal for a mech with bunches and bunches of panels and bits. This is going to be fantastic I reckon! Can’t wait for the rest of them! In addition to other main three, man I’d like to see Coyote Tango, Tacit Ronin, and Romeo Blue! Not to mention the Kaiju :panic:

[…]

I've been wanting for a company to make diecast figures of the Jeagers from the first movie for a while now. I thought Threezero would do a really good job with this under their DLX line but it never happened.

[…]

Bandai released a Soul of Chogokin GX-77 Gipsy Danger some time ago, with die-cast and a good amount of accessories. Though it’s roughly 9” tall so it wouldn’t scale with this IS CT. I think Bandai was going to make more of them but they didn’t. 3Z would to a great job with them too, but glad it seems we’re getting a full line of them now. I think it’s cool they’re starting with Crimson, I wouldn’t be surprised if they announce Cherno next and then the final two.

edit - Bandai showed a Crimson Typhoon too (and I think I recall seeing a photo of Striker Eureka too?) and teased the others

dODARCz.jpg

RELbl0y.jpg

Last edited:
Still one of my favorite movies, this is a must buy for me, especially if they're making the others!

Gipsy, Striker, Cherno, and Coyote prototypes. There's also two from the 2nd film, but who cares about those anyway...

Attachments

• 20231002_135439.jpg
    20231002_135439.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
  • img_2_1696226025365 (1).jpg
    img_2_1696226025365 (1).jpg
    288.3 KB · Views: 0
  • img_1_1696226019129 (1).jpg
    img_1_1696226019129 (1).jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 0
Is it weird Gypsy Danger is the one I'm least interested in?
Not really considering it's the main character and has been milked to death by NECA and most companies that do this license. I'm excited for Striker, Crimson and Cherno since they're the ones that usually get axed.

Last edited:
Back