NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool custom paint job on a neca gipsy here-
https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-211234-1-1.html

before and after pics etc. maybe a lil too much silver? still is a nice job

That reminds me of what I did with some of my Transformers figures, and I'll probably do when I buy a Gipsy Danger fig.
But yeah, this is too silver IMO. It is a nice job, but a bit too much.

Love the work on the spine and exhausts in the back though!! :rock

Really wanted to wait on the larger scale ones or the Sideshow statues haven’t decided yet. Caved and went on the hunt for the little guys couldn’t find them anywhere! (UK) ordered Knifehead online along with the prequel comic Tales from year zero should hold me over for awhile

I tweeted NECA asking if they would show Gipsy all lit up. Let's hope they are able to show it. I guess reception is terrible there.

Really wanted to wait on the larger scale ones or the Sideshow statues haven’t decided yet. Caved and went on the hunt for the little guys couldn’t find them anywhere! (UK) ordered Knifehead online along with the prequel comic Tales from year zero should hold me over for awhile

UK stock is out next week mate i have mine due in on Monday.

vid of neca's sdcc2013 booth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6dFf3Ud_O4

cant get enough of that 18inch gipsy, so effin cool. looking forward to seeing the second smaller gipsy as well with the bd. need to get my hands on tales from yr zero, will check lcs this week. is good?

pac rim today at shirtpunch btw :)

Thanks bud I had no idea they weren’t out in the UK yet. I want to see Gipsy and Crimson in person before buying if I decide to get them in this scale. Will be buying the Kaiju in all scales though.

I hope the comic is good waiting on it to arrive. I had to order that online too because my local store had sold out and wasn’t expecting more :dunno

I really want that 18" Gypsey Danger. It looks like it might be one of the best collectibles out there that won't break the bank too badly. Hopefully the paint job turns out okay.

NECA said on twitter that if we see Knifehead making it to market that the plan is for him to have a light up feature as well. They were also asked what Jaeger would follow 18" Gipsy if sales were strong and they replied "Crimson or Cherno."

ugh, NECA never answers my twitter questions, I mean they've answered a couple but that's not nearly enough :mad:

Entitled-ness aside i'd love to see the 18 inch knifehead come to fruition and hope they get around to doing a cherno as well.

NECA said on twitter that if we see Knifehead making it to market that the plan is for him to have a light up feature as well. They were also asked what Jaeger would follow 18" Gipsy if sales were strong and they replied "Crimson or Cherno."

I really hope this 18" line does well as these won't break the bank like the Sideshow statues lol. I'd collect all of this line, but I just wish that we had some certainty that it will continue after Gipsy. Would love to see an 18" Striker Eureka myself.

I don't know. I thought Striker was even cooler than Gypsy Danger and he also played the second most important role in the film. Crimson Typhoon and Cherno Alpha were pretty neat, but they didn't see much action comparatively.

Last edited:
What's most important to me is them getting that 18 inch knifehead out, the jaegers would be very cool but having kaiju to fight would make them cooler.

Yea an 18" Kaiju would be great, especially since I don't want to pay for the SS statue :lol don't like the pose for the SS Gypsy Danger statue either which is another great thing about getting the NECA one. Will probably make a base for him to lock into though

Awesome film i have to agree has to be Striker Eureka next. NECA must do some 1/4 scale Kaiju too.

I don't want to say too much spoil any thing but some of those designs were incredible. Though one gave off a serious Cloverfield look.

Back