Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread for this one,
if there's one please merge.

Finally we get more details on this... and it's awesome!!
Kaiju + Super Robots = Instant Win!!! :panic::panic::panic:

original.jpg

When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity's resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes-a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)-who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind's last hope against the mounting apocalypse.

Oscar® nominee Guillermo del Toro ("Pan's Labyrinth") is directing "Pacific Rim" from a script by Travis Beacham ("Clash of the Titans"). Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni and Mary Parent are producing, with Callum Greene serving as executive producer.

The film stars Charlie Hunnam (TV's "Sons of Anarchy"), Idris Elba ("Thor"), Rinko Kikuchi ("The Brothers Bloom"), Charlie Day ("Horrible Bosses"), and Ron Perlman (the "Hellboy" films). The ensemble cast also includes Max Martini, Robert Kazinsky, Clifton Collins, Jr., Burn Gorman, Larry Joe Campbell, Diego Klattenhoff, and Brad William Henke.

Del Toro's behind-the-scenes team includes Academy Award®-winning director of photography Guillermo Navarro, production designer Andrew Neskoromny, editor Peter Amundson, and costume designer Kate Hawley.

EXACTLY!! I really want a EVA movie but this sounds like its going to be amazing too. If this does good maybe we will get a live action EVA movie

the concept sounds freaking amazing, is about time we got an evangelion movie

I'd rather have an Evangelion movie. This is pure Lovecraft. Or, could be. It might just end up being Cloverfield or Godzilla '98.

That did come to mind while reading it.

This sounds neato though. Hopefully with Del Toro's affinity with Lovecraftian creatures...one of the monsters is Cthulhuesque :lol

No doubt, I'm looking forward to it. Need some new giant monster movies.

Yeah, I've always wanted a standalone Jet Jaguar fighting monsters movie ever since Godzilla vs. Megalon. Sounds pretty cool to me.

If Guillermo does this right, this could be great. I would hope for alot more than a Cloverfield type movie.

Does this sound like Evangelion or does it sound like Evangelion?

It's actually more like Getter Robo... ;)

It sounds like Independence Day. Upside down.

I'd be more interested if Del Toro was writing.

:slap

I'd rather have an Evangelion movie. This is pure Lovecraft. Or, could be. It might just end up being Cloverfield or Godzilla '98.

:slap:slap

So humans build this guy to fight Lovecraft monsters?

Jet_Jaguar_2.jpg

:slap:slap:slap

If Guillermo does this right, this could be great. I would hope for alot more than a Cloverfield type movie.

:exactly::lecture

Just glad he's finally getting something else on the screen. Unfortunately he recently stated that his ATMOM project is effectively dead. :(

Back