My guitar collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh the Vampira. :love

The Vampira is a limited edition model put out by the company Schecter. I don't know what year they released it because I was unfortunately late to that game as well. I unfortunately had to buy mine second hand... which I hate doing but it worked out well in the end.

Here is a description that I found that tells a little about the guitar.

Feast your eyes Boos and Gouhls!
The New Vampira is here oozing with blood and tangling webs. Standing in one her most famous promotional shots, this likeness has her down to her sinched waist line and creaturous claws!
She comes equipt with Ducnan Desgined pickups and RED bat inlays!
This will prove to be another creepy addition to your collection either you be a player or a horror hoard!

c8994505.jpg

Ah very nice!!! Looked like maybe a variation of a Mira in the earlier images, I haven't ever played a Schecter. But that DN you got is beautiful, I love PRS and I have not played a better guitar. I use to have a pretty damn good ibanez and top notch ESP. But once I played a PRS I was like ^^^^ this I'm selling my old guitars and getting a PRS and that is just what I did.

Here's another one of my more precious guitars...its another Paul Stanley Washburn, this time sold directly through Target about 2 years ago ...
guitarbox-open.jpg

Regarding expensive guitars:

1) If you sound like crap, there aint no guitar that is going to cover that up.
2) If you are awesome, the guitar doesn't matter but it doesn't hurt to have a nice one.
3) If you are a parent, you are dumbass if the first guitar you buy your kid is expensive. Walmart is just fine for a starter.

If any of you disagree with me it is because you are posers.

;)

So what you are saying is you bought your kid a crappy guitar and now you are feeling bad about it. :lol

Don't preach to me brother. I started on a junker too but it would have been much better If my parents had respected me and I had started out on something decent. Quality is very important with EVERYTHING!! in life and you can't downplay that. Don't underestimate the intelligence of children either.... :)

Actually I haven't bought my kid a guitar yet, she's only 9 weeks old. Well ok that's a lie she does have 2 small Kid's guitars on the ready. :) Even when she is ready, I know enough to spend $$$ straight outta the gate. Everyone should start small. If you love it enough you will stick to it and earn better and better. I started on crappy guitars and worked my way up. I've since had to sell the good ones and am back to crappy ones but it doesn't matter to me. I'll still pick one up on a good day and play the hell out of it and it means as much to me as if I was playing a Les Paul through a Marshall stack...

Dude, what kind of warped sense of perception do you have? "If my parents had respected me..." You really think that because your parents didn't buy you a higher end instrument then you were disrespected? Did your parents put a roof over your head, clothe and feed you? "Don't underestimate the intelligence of children either..." Intelligence HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!

Honest to God truth. The best acoustic guitar I ever owned was one I bought from a small shop in Naga Philippines. It cost me $20. I had to sell it to be able to afford rice and eggs though a year later. :monkey2

Honest to God truth. The best acoustic guitar I ever owned was one I bought from a small shop in Naga Philippines. It cost me $20. I had to sell it to be able to afford rice and eggs though a year later. :monkey2

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Actually I haven't bought my kid a guitar yet, she's only 9 weeks old. Well ok that's a lie she does have 2 small Kid's guitars on the ready. :) Even when she is ready, I know enough to spend $$$ straight outta the gate. Everyone should start small. If you love it enough you will stick to it and earn better and better. I started on crappy guitars and worked my way up. I've since had to sell the good ones and am back to crappy ones but it doesn't matter to me. I'll still pick one up on a good day and play the hell out of it and it means as much to me as if I was playing a Les Paul through a Marshall stack...

Dude, what kind of warped sense of perception do you have? "If my parents had respected me..." You really think that because your parents didn't buy you a higher end instrument then you were disrespected? Did your parents put a roof over your head, clothe and feed you? "Don't underestimate the intelligence of children either..." Intelligence HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!
Warped sense of perception huh? :lol

TO answer your question my parents abandoned me and my sister at an early age. I lived with the parents of my friend since I was in the 5th grade. So no, they didn't put a roof over my head or feed me. Next question please.

Plus, you are being ridiculous, irrational, and just looking to flame. if you had bothered to read my previous posts you would understand what I mean by a higher quality beginners guitar. Since when will $300 break the bank for most middle class families? You can be a cheapskate all you want but a child will know quality when it is presented to them and they are not treated like the blundering idiots. :lol All you would have to do to afford a decent guitar for your child is stop buying toys for yourself for a short while. :lol

Why have a child if you are going to cheap out on them and their future?

Last edited:
Musical instruments are much more organic than that. Just because a guitar is expensive doesn't mean its going to sound great. No two are alike. I have come across some pretty cheap instruments which sounded better than the expensive stuff. You have to play through a bunch until you find which one fits you.

But for a person just starting out, walmart is fine.

Also to use another collecting comparison:

My kids would love a Hot Toys batman/joker. They recognize quality when they see it and I don't doubt it. But there is no way in hell I am going to give a 7 year old a $200 figure when there is a $20 figure which he will be happy with.

I think many of you are completely misunderstanding my point. I never once said you should buy your kid a $2000 PRS. However, PRS does make SE models that are much better and lightyears ahead of what you will find at Wal-Mart. The fact is if you can't spend $300 on a quality beginners guitar for your kid then you should re-evaluate your priorities because many of those same people are here spending upwards of $300 on a single stationary statue or some other money wasting hobby. :lol

Go out and play a Wal-Mart or an Estaban guitar. You will see what I am talking about. :lol

Plus, I really don't get what's the big deal here. If your child decides the guitar is not for them then either play the guitar yourself, trade it back in, or sell it on Craigslist. You will get most of your money back and your child at least got a real taste of what playing guitar could be like.

I am pretty steady on my stance here and I don't even like kids. :lol See this is a reason I don't even want those little bastids cuz they is expensive dog! :google:lol

TO answer your question my parents abandoned me and my sister at an early age. I lived with the parents of my friend since I was in the 5th grade. So no, they didn't put a roof over my head or feed me. Next question please.

Plus, you are being ridiculous, irrational, and just looking to flame. if you had bothered to read my previous posts you would understand what I mean by a higher quality beginners guitar. Since when will $300 break the bank for most middle class families? You can be a cheapskate all you want but a child will know quality when it is presented to them and they are not treated like the blundering idiots you think they are. :lol All you would have to do to afford a decent guitar for your child is stop buying toys for yourself for a short while. :lol

I'm not looking to flame, it's not in my nature and I detest such behavior. I'm just questioning your statement. If you say that your parents abandoned you then i'm sorry that happened to you, you should have clarified before hand and not come off sounding like a whiny kid who didn't get the toy he wanted. However, you've since explained it so i'll just leave it as that. My bad...

As to my child, i'm in no way planning to cheap out on them and i'm far from a cheapskate. I'll put my daughter before myself any day of the week. From my own experiences growing up and being part of other children's lives in my family and my experiences with many friends through out my lifetime, i've learned that kids see something on TV and say "OOH I WANT THAT!". Then they get handed a really nice gift (i.e. guitar, drums, skateboard, whatever...), play it twice get bored and moved on to something else that distracts them. I never said I wouldn't buy my child a quality instrument, I just think that they need to show passion for it before I buy them a $500-$1000 instrument that they will abandon in the blink of an eye. As to Walmart brand guitars, they're crap and I wouldn't buy them that personally but I don't see where it's that much of a crime to do so. You say don't underestimate kids well I say don't underestimate parents who were once kids themselves...

I see where you are coming from but you must agree that this is what I have been saying all the while. I even said $500 was a bit much but still it's subjective to the individual.

I just think kids deserve a fair and honest shot at something like playing the guitar. You never really know if your child will take immediately to the instrument or not but it certainly doesn't help if that instrument can't preform the function it was made for. Just think about the story about the guitars with the bridges glued in the wrong place. It's really not that uncommon when the manufacturer doesn't really care about the art of producing a quality instrument.

Sorry if I offended anyone here. It was not my intention.

Plus, you are being ridiculous, irrational, and just looking to flame. if you had bothered to read my previous posts you would understand what I mean by a higher quality beginners guitar. Since when will $300 break the bank for most middle class families? You can be a cheapskate all you want but a child will know quality when it is presented to them and they are not treated like the blundering idiots. :lol All you would have to do to afford a decent guitar for your child is stop buying toys for yourself for a short while. :lol

I see where you are coming from but you must agree that this is what I have been saying all the while. I even said $500 was a bit much but still it's subjective to the individual.

I just think kids deserve a fair and honest shot at something like playing the guitar. You never really know if your child will take immediately to the instrument or not but it certainly doesn't help if that instrument can't preform the function it was made for. Just think about the story about the guitars with the bridges glued in the wrong place. It's really not that uncommon when the manufacturer doesn't really care about the art of producing a quality instrument.

Sorry if I offended anyone here. It was not my intention.

And i'm sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention as well...

I do see what you're saying and yes in some sense you are right. There is nothing wrong with giving a child a fair shot and as for the instrument manufacturers well they're a whole 'nother thing right there... At the same time I don't think it takes an expensive instrument to spark a child's love for music. Me for example... I was young and never really had an inkling for playing music or music in general. However my grandfather as a gift gave me a little tiny keyboard which couldn't have cost more than $25. It was so cheesy that you couldn't press more than 2 keys at one time without a note being cancelled out. As crappy as it was, that keyboard kept me busy for hours and hours and hours. I wouldn't put it down. From there I found interest in the drums and then ultimately guitar/bass. It's been a lifelong love affair ever since which never would have been if it weren't for that crappy little keyboard...

Back