My guitar collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, Ok last post about this topic/issue. :eek:

I just wanted to say that you can find some great used equipment for very decent prices online if you want to buy stuff for a beginner.

Ebay and craigslist are your best bets. :)

And i'm sorry if I offended you, it wasn't my intention as well...

I do see what you're saying and yes in some sense you are right. There is nothing wrong with giving a child a fair shot and as for the instrument manufacturers well they're a whole 'nother thing right there... At the same time I don't think it takes an expensive instrument to spark a child's love for music. Me for example... I was young and never really had an inkling for playing music or music in general. However my grandfather as a gift gave me a little tiny keyboard which couldn't have cost more than $25. It was so cheesy that you couldn't press more than 2 keys at one time without a note being cancelled out. As crappy as it was, that keyboard kept me busy for hours and hours and hours. I wouldn't put it down. From there I found interest in the drums and then ultimately guitar/bass. It's been a lifelong love affair ever since which never would have been if it weren't for that crappy little keyboard...
I like that story and I am willing to bet we all have very similar ones. :duff

In the end it will really never be up to me to decide for a child so hopefully parents will do what they think is in the best interest of their kids. :)

I never thought I'd say this, but since I started this thread, I just wanna say take it easy everyone...keep it civil!!

I agree with everything you've said Rory. It is a false economy to buy a crap instrument. The argument that parents ought not to spend very much on an instrument holds no weight. Why buy a $150 guitar that will just hinder the child's, or anyone's, ability to actually play the thing. It ends up being $150 wasted. For just a little more you can buy something that is playable and wont have cause to be the excuse that they couldn't do it. Then when they do chuck it in, at least you have something that can be sold on through. Buying second hand is the way to go. Buy a new piece of junk and you will get nothing back for it.

I agree with everything you've said Rory. It is a false economy to buy a crap instrument. The argument that parents ought not to spend very much on an instrument holds no weight. Why buy a $150 guitar that will just hinder the child's, or anyone's, ability to actually play the thing. It ends up being $150 wasted. For just a little more you can buy something that is playable and wont have cause to be the excuse that they couldn't do it. Then when they do chuck it in, at least you have something that can be sold on through. Buying second hand is the way to go. Buy a new piece of junk and you will get nothing back for it.
Creech. :love :love Your stink is starting to grow on me. :lol

How old are you customizerwannabe? You want to play games do you? Act your age, and stop with the puerile posts, aimed at me, or say what your problem is.

My Guitars:

PRS SE Singlecut:
instru00006.jpg

PRE SE Standard:
instru00007.jpg

One day I do plan to get a Maryland made PRS when I get $2,000 hehe, but as of right now the SE are just as good. Plus when you play the drums as your main instrument.....it gets expensive....

Taylor Big Baby (beautiful sounding acoustic, hard to match this):
instru00008.jpg

My Pride and Joy:

instru00000.jpg

instru00001.jpg

instru00002.jpg

instru00003.jpg

instru00004.jpg

instru00005.jpg

:love

I know Mike has been waiting a long time to see this.... I am obscenely slow. :lol

f1318828.jpg

VERY NICE BRO!!! CUSTOM ALL THE WAY!!! By the way , which MESA is that? Is it a ROADKING? Stilleto? Great setup... Looks amazing:horror

Hey Rory , you ever take those casters off the cabinet and let it sit right on the floor? The low end punch gets a lot TIGHTER.

How old are you customizerwannabe? You want to play games do you? Act your age, and stop with the puerile posts, aimed at me, or say what your problem is.

Aha. Hey that's pretty hot. If I had a hose connected to my bag I could suck on, I'd start a thread about it too. I can't though. Do you suppose it's part of the reason I feel a little inadequate?

How old are YOU?

VERY NICE BRO!!! CUSTOM ALL THE WAY!!! By the way , which MESA is that? Is it a ROADKING? Stilleto? Great setup... Looks amazing:horror

Hey Rory , you ever take those casters off the cabinet and let it sit right on the floor? The low end punch gets a lot TIGHTER.

It's a Dual Rectifier Roadster head paired with a Rectifier cabinet! :rock Thanks for the compliment man- it is so my baby! :love

I would like to take the casters off but two things prevent me from doing so. First is, I have to wheel it around all the time unfortunately. Even though the cabinet has handles I prefer not to break my back when having to take it from place to place. :lol Second is that bedroom recently flooded with water-- :horror:google I am terrified now to leave anything on the floor that is expensive. It ruined the carpet so we added tile- it's yet to be determined if the floor will be safe for my precious. :D

Whoa- CYMBOL heaven! You are very lucky. Cymbols add so much color to drum playing. :banana

Yes they do, I play with a lot of diversity and thus the numerous cymbals. It can be very beneficial in many ways.

NightCreeper, I would give up a nut for that drum set.. I miss my drums.

Yeah, no matter what happens I will always keep my drumset. Even if it means putting it in storage while shopping for a new place to live or something. It would suck if I ever move into a townhouse or apartment, I don't know if acoustic drums would be permitted in there (or if the neighboors could stand the noise :lol).

Yes they do, I play with a lot of diversity and thus the numerous cymbals. It can be very beneficial in many ways.

Yeah, no matter what happens I will always keep my drumset. Even if it means putting it in storage while shopping for a new place to live or something. It would suck if I ever move into a townhouse or apartment, I don't know if acoustic drums would be permitted in there (or if the neighboors could stand the noise :lol).

I played my acoustic kit in my apartment back in the day.... needless to say I wasn't liked very much by my neighbors. :horror:lol

To be fair though, they were musicians as well so it was par for the course. :lol

Last edited:
Back