My guitar collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice collection guys......Last place I thought I would see people showing their guitars.......Always had a fondness for those ESP Lynch models

Here some of mine:

GUITAR2.jpg

GUITAR1.jpg

GUITAR3.jpg

GUTAR6.jpg

GUITAR5.jpg

GUITAR4.jpg

Since had old celestions replaced with green backs

GUTARAMP1.jpg

Before I started collecting Sideshow Star Wars Dolls :lol

I collected guitar picks all the picks seen are self collected as I lived in Los Angeles. I would go to a lot of shows back then. I got to meet some of my favorite guitarists like Eddie Van Halen, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Jerrry Reed, etc etc. Man those were the days.

Stevie Ray's pick
.................. v
PICK1.jpg

PICK6.jpg

PICK5.jpg

PICK4.jpg

PICK7.jpg

PICK3.jpg

My GOD!!! This is one of my few vibrant, UNLOCKED threads!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!? :)

Great pics guys. I just have 1. Q "starburst" Fender Strat. I have not played in years though. I don't think I could play a note these days. I really should start again.

thanks man. They do indeed sound sweet. As with everything in life, quality is very important. I remember when I was very young and had a super crappy generic guitar. I hated that thing. Intonation was always off and it felt terrible to play. The one mistake I think a lot of parents make is buying a very cheap musical instrument for their children. It totally prevents them from falling in love with the instrument and wanting to pursue it further. I want to lecture those parents when I see them checking out at Wal-Mart. Their kid is going to have an incredibly tough time. :lol

Having a love and appreciation for playing music has NOTHING do with the quality of instrument you're playing. You think every great musician started out with high quality stuff? No they started on second hand instruments or whatever they could afford and they worked their way up. I can't tell you how many friends I had that "wanted" to be musicians so mommy and daddy bought them top of the line everything and you know what, they gave it up in a few months and moved on to something else. Parents aren't stupid. Kids go through phases and move on quickly so buying a kid a $500+ guitar that they're going to probably abandon is pointless. You give a kid a starting guitar, be it whatever quality and they work their way up. A true musician isn't measured by the equipment they play, they're measured by their true musical talent and the passion for it...

Having a love and appreciation for playing music has NOTHING do with the quality of instrument you're playing. You think every great musician started out with high quality stuff? No they started on second hand instruments or whatever they could afford and they worked their way up. I can't tell you how many friends I had that "wanted" to be musicians so mommy and daddy bought them top of the line everything and you know what, they gave it up in a few months and moved on to something else. Parents aren't stupid. Kids go through phases and move on quickly so buying a kid a $500+ guitar that they're going to probably abandon is pointless. You give a kid a starting guitar, be it whatever quality and they work their way up. A true musician isn't measured by the equipment they play, they're measured by their true musical talent and the passion for it...

So what you are saying is you bought your kid a crappy guitar and now you are feeling bad about it. :lol

Don't preach to me brother. I started on a junker too but it would have been much better If my parents had respected me and I had started out on something decent. Quality is very important with EVERYTHING!! in life and you can't downplay that. Don't underestimate the intelligence of children either.... :)

Last edited:
Very nice collection everybody! I originally (8 years ago) starting playing the guitar and then about 2 years back I picked up the drums and now the drums are my #1 instrument with guitar being a side hobby. I'll post a pic of my drum set and guitars this weekend when I take some pics.

Rory: What is that Vampira? Is it a special model of the Mira?

I have been playing bass for about 16 years, but sadly I don't have any pics of my current love ---- Fender American P Bass, with graphite reinforced neck and upgraded Duncan pickups. I always come back to the P Bass, I have owned probably close to 6 or 7 of them.

Someone mentioned the Stingray, GREAT guitar I have owned two of them in the past.

I have a Guild acoustic 6 string, it is a beaut! :drool

This thread rules. I'll post in it once I add a Gibson to my collection. I play with mine, so they aren't treated as collectibles. But I love them just as much.

I love my Jackson.

So what you are saying is you bought your kid a crappy guitar and now you are feeling bad about it. :lol

Don't preach to me brother. I started on a junker too but it would have been much better If my parents had respected me and I had started out on something decent. Quality is very important with EVERYTHING!! in life and you can't downplay that. Don't underestimate the intelligence of children either.... :)

What he's saying is he's a smart parent. What would they have to look forward to or work towards if they started with the best? If they want to work for the money and buy it themselves that's one thing, but why should they be entitled to the best without knowing if they'll ever fully get into it. Quality is certainly impotant, but a skilled player can make a terd sound good enough (Just look at the ^^^^ Esteban sells on infomercials.) and a beginner needs room to learn quality in not only their playing, but in their instruments as well.

ah hem! Thank you!!!! Im in shock...my thread is holding strong!!! And everyone hated me! wow!

What he's saying is he's a smart parent. What would they have to look forward to or work towards if they started with the best? If they want to work for the money and buy it themselves that's one thing, but why should they be entitled to the best without knowing if they'll ever fully get into it. Quality is certainly impotant, but a skilled player can make a terd sound good enough (Just look at the ^^^^ Esteban sells on infomercials.) and a beginner needs room to learn quality in not only their playing, but in their instruments as well.

I can see both sides to this argument. As a parent I don't want to drop a buttload of money into something my kid might lose interest in a few months down the line. But I would also not buy something that super low quality that would be hard to play and sound bad. Being a musician myself I would buy a decent quality guitar or whatever instrument they chose to play and if they took to it and decided it was something they wanted to pursue then I would help them later to purchase the instrument of THEIR choice. Of course they would have to contribute to their cause making them appreciate it all the more. One things for sure... They arn't putting their grubby hands on any of my GUITARS:lol

I play bass. Here's a couple of them.
BC Rich Mockingbird
33z8tix.jpg

Fender Precision
5twhkx.jpg

My crappy acoustic, but it looks good when I'm not playing it.
2dndk7.jpg

And my SWR Mo' Bass rig.
29e8na.jpg

...and what I am saying is there is definitely a huge difference between a Wal-Mart starter guitar and a guitar you actually buy at a real music store. Any guitar you buy in a box as a set is pure junk. I am not saying you have to spend $500+ on a guitar for your kid but a $50 to a $100 guitar is not going to cut it. You get what you pay for in every instance in life. I had to play a cardboard violin before I got the real deal- it sounded like complete shat.

So no, I don't really believe a smart parent buys their kid a cheap-o depo guitar- a cheap, selfish, and frugal parent does. One who has no faith that their child will pursue music seriously. :D

I can understand working your way up to something of very high quality but one could argue this quality vs. price subject all day. I still think quality should always be priority. Who would give their kid a car that was on the verge of breaking down each day? Is that safe? I surely would never do it and that is how I view giving a kid a guitar. I take music and their future seriously as every parent should. I would spend no less than $300 on a guitar that I personally picked out for my kid. I would make sure that it was playable and had a great tone for the price. I think this is a must. What is there to lose? What's a little bit of extra money compared to giving your kid a fighting chance to do something special and to develop a talent...maybe even a skill that could change their future?

It definitely is an investment.

Last edited:
I can see both sides to this argument. As a parent I don't want to drop a buttload of money into something my kid might lose interest in a few months down the line. But I would also not buy something that super low quality that would be hard to play and sound bad. Being a musician myself I would buy a decent quality guitar or whatever instrument they chose to play and if they took to it and decided it was something they wanted to pursue then I would help them later to purchase the instrument of THEIR choice. Of course they would have to contribute to their cause making them appreciate it all the more. One things for sure... They arn't putting their grubby hands on any of my GUITARS:lol

This is exactly where I am coming from in this debate. You don't have to buy your kid a Gibson or anything but at least buy them a nice lower end guitar. It will inspire them to play more- that I can guarantee! There is nothing more frustrating then pulling a guitar out of a cardboard box and that guitar not being able to be tuned. There are guitar manufacturers out there from China and other regions that just don't care if your guitar can actually play in tune.

I was speaking with my guitar tech about this subject. He once knew of a dealer that got a shipment of these guitars in that had the bridges all glued in the wrong place. This was right before Christmas. The dealer sold them anyway without telling buyers. He basically said to himself "If they come back then I will replace them- no problem" Out of about 150 starter level guitars... do you know how many came back- only 3. Why? Because parents don't know squat about what they are buying for their kids. That's terrible because when the kids go to play these instruments they just literally can not!

My GF got a guitar for Christmas one year from her dad. Same old story. Thing was a serious POS. Couldn't be tuned, hurt to play, and came with mediocre accessories that didn't help out a beginning level player... or any player at that. Did she continue trying to play- sure for a while but eventually she stopped because her guitar was virtually impossible to play. She could have been a great player today- the world will never know. These type of parents shouldn't even bother trying if they are going to go this route with a musical instrument because in the end they are just making their children feel like losers for sucking on an instrument when it is really the instrument that should be blamed.

Last edited:
Very nice collection everybody! I originally (8 years ago) starting playing the guitar and then about 2 years back I picked up the drums and now the drums are my #1 instrument with guitar being a side hobby. I'll post a pic of my drum set and guitars this weekend when I take some pics.

Rory: What is that Vampira? Is it a special model of the Mira?

Ahhh the Vampira. :love

The Vampira is a limited edition model put out by the company Schecter. I don't know what year they released it because I was unfortunately late to that game as well. I unfortunately had to buy mine second hand... which I hate doing but it worked out well in the end.

Here is a description that I found that tells a little about the guitar.

Feast your eyes Boos and Gouhls!
The New Vampira is here oozing with blood and tangling webs. Standing in one her most famous promotional shots, this likeness has her down to her sinched waist line and creaturous claws!
She comes equipt with Ducnan Desgined pickups and RED bat inlays!
This will prove to be another creepy addition to your collection either you be a player or a horror hoard!

c8994505.jpg

I will try not to say more on the subject of buying a quality guitar. I tend to get carried away with the things I feel adamant about. :)

Back