The Guitar Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds good! Awesome to have a cousin based in the US who could assist you with recording. All the Best! And do keep us posted! :duff

Rohail Hyatt is gifted! Its amazing how he conceptualizes and presents things. Bringing forward artists like Akhtar Chanal, Chakwal Group, Asif Hussain Samraat, Arif Lohar and others could not have happened without him. Wouldn't have even come to know about them.

Not too sure bit I guess Zoe Viccaji or Zeb & Hania sang some songs in english in CS, one of the seasons. So, you never know :wink1:

In case you haven't (which I doubt), whenever you get the time, do listen to: Ishq Aap Bhe Awalla, Kamlee, Mahi, and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYB-6i_q4sUDasht-e-Tanhai[/URL]; my favourites from Season 5.

Dude, are you a desi?

I have an old Fender Telecaster and an Acoustic that I've had since high school. But my pride and joy is a 50th Anniversary 1959 Les Paul reissue in cherry burst.

i do, but of questionable competency lol

ive got a gibson r8 in tobacco.....that i may put some wcr godwoods/darkbursts in....
an american tele stock
and a modded mexi HSS strat with a BK nailbomb in the bridge and suhr fl's in the neck/mid

and up next i want to get a martin d28. and a 335. or a 339. and then im done. really.

guitars are by far worse for me than statues. :)

Here's my guitars:

221194_770011144944_5573429_o.jpg

240719_770011164904_243392_o.jpg

Left to Right:
- Epiphone Les Paul Custom
- Gibson Les Paul Vodoo
- Taylor T5 Custom
- Gibson Les Paul Standard Slash model

Amp wise, I still only have my crappy 30 watt Marshall, would love to get a proper Tube Combo amp but have little space right now. Effects wise I use a Boss ME-50 multi fx pedal, get great tones out of that, but will probably upgrade that at some point.

:thud: Gorgeous!

Excuse my crappy iPhone pic, but here is my Japanese Fender Jag-Stang:

37747_421160284804_4158267_n.jpg

i do, but of questionable competency lol

ive got a gibson r8 in tobacco.....that i may put some wcr godwoods/darkbursts in....
an american tele stock
and a modded mexi HSS strat with a BK nailbomb in the bridge and suhr fl's in the neck/mid

and up next i want to get a martin d28. and a 335. or a 339. and then im done. really.

guitars are by far worse for me than statues. :)

Awesome, and yeah, I've probably spent considerably more on guitars than my 1/6 toys :lol :panic:

:thud: Gorgeous!

Excuse my crappy iPhone pic, but here is my Japanese Fender Jag-Stang:

37747_421160284804_4158267_n.jpg

Thanks Tim!

Nice
I've always been intrigued by those Jag-Stang guitars, not played one yet

didn't know this thread existed.Guess it goes to the back of the Bus,because once you have posted your gear that is pretty much it.

Damn the price of Vintage Guitars is so way out of Whack that I'M better off with SS PF figures.And even they are starting to get out of whack in price.

Jeff Becks Guitar solo in the Yardbirds Shapes Of Things was the reason I started to play Guitar.

I was born and raised in San Francisco so Music was everywhere.
The Bands I have seen would blow your mind.Them and The Kinks at Longshoremans Hall.The Yardbirds,Rolling Stones w/Brian at San Francisco Civic.James Brown,The Righteous Brothers,The Supremes,The TAMI and Big TNT shows at the Cow Palace all before there was a Filmore or Winterland.Please don't ask how old I am.I can't remember anyway.

Jimi Hendricks Experience,Cream,Humble Pie,Freddie King,BB King,Paul Butterfield w/Mike Bloomfield,Deep Purple,Black Sabbath and too many others to name.Bill Graham would mix the shows with original Blues Legends and British and American Bands.It was $3 to get in.I still go to the Filmore and many other live shows and they ain't $3 anymore.Some of you young pups may not know what I'M talking about,so I'll stop because I could go on for a long time.

I love music all kinds of Music.

1957 Fender Stratocaster I have had since 1983

20919ff8.jpg

1961 Epiphone Coronet I have had since 1971

98270be8.jpg

Marshall TSL 100 great sounding amp but made with cheap circuit board JUNK.

348142d5.jpg

I have a couple of newer Guitars I'll put up next time.

Wow

I can't even begin to tell you how jealous I am right now - and I'm not even talking about the guitars (despite the epic beauties that they are) - to have seen that scene in those decades is something I can only dream of ...

intothevoid..Yeah' I feel like the Replicant in Blade Runner when he tells James Hong if you could only see the things I have seen with these eyes.

wolverenze.. you would love the neck on the Strat.And the Tone:Jimi,Ritchie Blackmore,Rory Gallagher,Stevie Ray Vaughn.

I worked in a couple of Music Stores 17-19yrs old.Leo's Music in Oakland.Don Weirs before it became Music City and later at Bananas at Large both in San Francisco.Bananas is still going now in San Rafael.

At the time Leo's was the best place for Guitars and I pretty much had my choice.But at the time you have to realize Vintage was not a big deal.So I had no real idea a 1959 Les Paul Honey Burst would be worth $50-100K or a Kortina Flying V $90-140K.Or patent pending Humbucker Half Whites a few grand each.Besides that I was making $90 a week.

I don't like to think of the Guitars I have had to let go of.But then again it's like everything else..that old comic book or toy that is worth a crazy amount of $ now.

1994 Gibson Nighthawk love this Guitar plays like Butter.Even with heavy gauge strings.

da310bb7.jpg

2009 Ric 360 12 George Harrison.. weighs a Ton.

88b1af47.jpg

I moved alot in those days so I don't have many photo's.But here is one 1965 Gibson Firebird.If I find any others I'll try to put them up.

4c215e5e.jpg

The Legendary 1959 Les Paul Sunburst

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjGaJj_-itE&list=PLF7CE75808B5FDA94&index=20&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

Back