The Guitar Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
must not be too many Guitar Playing/Statue collecting Freaks on this forum..this thread always gets pushed back deep.

anyway don't know if anyone will appreciate this..I found a couple of old photo's of Cream at Winterland in San Francisco 1968.One is from the side of the stage at Sound Check.And the other 2 are from the first show.Nice shot of Claptons painted Gibson SG and Jack Bruce's Gibson EB3.Check out Ginger Baker smoking while he played.I actually saw him play with a cigerette in his mouth and a drink in one hand.One night he vomit launched on his snare drum and then kept playing (Horse I think)Crazy Sh$t.But they sounded great.Doing the songs and not just jamming everything.

9f187581.jpg

4a911c7f.jpg

0bcb4547.jpg

Last edited:
Finally a guitar thread! :rock

Not much too exciting to show but I'll try to get some pics up of mine. Got a 62 RI US Jaguar and a 57 Strat (Japanese but I switched it out with US wiring and pups) which I love almost as much as my children! In fact, they ARE my children too.

I play guitar, bass, piano, and drums. I've been in several bands and have recorded in a studio about 5 times. Unfortunately now I just jam on my guitar at home. :lol

I always wanted to learn the guitar, one of those life dreams I had, I wanted to maybe have a band or just play my favorite songs,
I dreamed about it in school, I played air guitar all the time,
metal was (And is) such a big and important part of my life, I love metal, it is the best music in the world,

I tried, but my fingers hurt really really bad, I kept trying but I could not get the notes right, I could not get anything right, I Know everyone is going to tell me "Practice practice practice"

but the guitar felt like torture for me, my fingers kept hurting and I kept not getting better, I tried different guitars but I just can't, not only does it hurt, but my fingers cannot do the simplest of chords,
I tried, I just couldn't, I did not mention this before because it makes me feel like a failure,
tumblr_lsdw3g9xX81qgo40o.gif

interesting choice for a Doors song.On their first Album it's 11:35 a long song for the time.
Void,which Guitarist are you?Lets hear some more music.

I'M still looking through old photo's see which ones I can scan.Also I'M recording from old 1/4 inch a few original tracks from my old band into mp3.All my originals are copyrighted.See if I can put one up here if it turns out good enough.

here is a photo of Steve Marriott playing a 1955 Telecaster.He would come by the House when Humble Pie were in San Francisco.I would always have some cool Guitars from the Music Store around.

63205bcb.jpg

Last edited:
interesting choice for a Doors song.On their first Album it's 11:35 a long song for the time.
Void,which Guitarist are you?Lets hear some more music.

I'M still looking through old photo's see which ones I can scan.Also I'M recording from old 1/4 inch a few original tracks from my old band into mp3.All my originals are copyrighted.See if I can put one up here if it turns out good enough.

here is a photo of Steve Marriott playing a 1955 Telecaster.He would come by the House when Humble Pie were in San Francisco.I would always have some cool Guitars from the Music Store around.

63205bcb.jpg

Another great pic! Would love to hear that old music, doesn't matter what the quality is like :)

I'm the guy with the longer hair and the tobacco sunburst Les Paul.
The other guitarist just felt like playing this song so we just kinda went into in impromptu. He's not even our vocalist really, just wanted to sing this one.

I'll post some original music soon, going into the studio to record my first proper album next month :yess:

Void, is the Laney your amp?And how do you like it?

I remember the first time I saw Black Sabbath Tony Iommi used Laney Stacks.He had a fat gnarly sound.And he was LOUD.

Have fun in the Studio next Month.Take some video.And may your album turn out great.:clap

Void, is the Laney your amp?And how do you like it?

I remember the first time I saw Black Sabbath Tony Iommi used Laney Stacks.He had a fat gnarly sound.And he was LOUD.

Have fun in the Studio next Month.Take some video.And may your album turn out great.:clap

Actually the room we're jamming in is at a jamming studio - we rent it whenever we want to jam. So the amps, drums and PA are from the studio. Just have my guitar and fx pedals hooked into it. But I did like the sound a lot. No distortion on this track but when I did use the gain it was really warm and gnarly as you say. Definitely loud.

My main preference has always been trusty Marshalls though.

Thanks a lot! Will definitely take videos :hi5:

I always wanted to learn the guitar, one of those life dreams I had, I wanted to maybe have a band or just play my favorite songs,
metal was (And is) such a big and important part of my life, I love metal, it is the best music in the world,

I tried, but my fingers hurt really really bad, I kept trying but I could not get the notes right, I could not get anything right, I Know everyone is going to tell me "Practice practice practice"

but the guitar felt like torture for me, my fingers kept hurting and I kept not getting better, I tried different guitars but I just can't, not only does it hurt, but my fingers cannot do the simplest of chords,
I tried, I just couldn't, I did not mention this before because it makes me feel like a failure,

I'm sorry to hear this, but this actually a common problem on some people, I taught my cousin how to play, months and months of practice but never got it, so he decided to gave up. I don't really have any explanation about this, or maybe a term for it. Its just for some people its so hard for them.

Maybe try drums? I always wanted to learn that, but no kit to practice with.

P.S

METAL RULES!!! \m/

Sorry to hear this too - but have you tried playing bass? Sometimes people find it easier on the fingers.

You should definitely try drums or if nothing else, just try singing! Thing about music is there are so many elements, there's really something for everyone

wow ! guitar thread....had so many guitars including Gibson Les Pauls but here's what I got right now

Frankenstein Replica I put and painted together myself with genuine EVH pick up
14642_1055462204014_4677423_n_zpse2f9f9dc.jpg

same with this Kramer 5150 EVH uses in the 80's
25706_1103218877901_2296088_n_zps0736806f.jpg

Peavey Wolfgang
25706_1103219037905_3084548_n_zps07737438.jpg

USA Fender Standard Stratocaster
25706_1103218997904_7437233_n_zps395304a7.jpg

Custom Charvel Style Natural..oiled mahogany body with Warmoth birdseye maple neck, gold original floyd rose, custom 5 Seymour Duncan
25706_1103218957903_5489563_n_zpsc8d46c60.jpg

Ovation Acoustic/Electric
25706_1103218837900_7010024_n_zpsd3375649.jpg

thanks dude ! here's some more old pics...most of them are gone :(

Sunburst Gibson Les Paul..Wolfgang and my Ibanez Jem
64879_1189232188180_2578525_n_zps0bba3b43.jpg

and my black and gold Gibson Les Paul Standard beside my beloved yorkie Ralphie..we had to put him to sleep a month ago..15 years old :(
68135_1226757966301_7293445_n_zps5da7881e.jpg

Back