1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Just decided I want a DK Batman as well (previously was only interested in getting a OC version) shame this is £400 upwards now

Guess I'll have to wait till TDKR range :(

Dont worry. My guess is they'll probably release 2 versions of the TDK suit as a tie-in to DKR

My batman's cape is wrinkled, can I iron it ? anyone done it before?

What actually causes the 'leaking' with this figure? I bid on one last night, in two minds about cancelling my bid though, is it that big a deal?

Yes.

Just be careful not to burn it. Use the lowest setting or do it through another piece of fabric.

Are you married? Maybe your wife can iron it.

"Hon ... Batman's cape is wrinkled. Think you can get on that for me?"

Haha.

SnakeDoc

can some1 please help me out with this.
I bought my dx batman loose from a member here. He told me that it was from the dcd batch with the hard plastic abs... But after i had the figure displayed for about 2weeks i noticed that the 4 main triangle abs are a bit shiny... I just wiped it clean and there was no dark rubber residue... Almost no residue at all... It was clear... After about a week it was shiny again.... now this made me think that the freak sold me a version1 dx with the soft abs... I didnt contact him because its a dam cool figure besides the abs issue.
Now i am including a picture here if my figures abs. Can some1 just tell me if its the soft rubber abs or the hard plastic abs that my figure has? Thanx. Picture is in my next post.

Last edited:

heres the pic of my figures abs. Flash on.

Hmm, look into the underside of the abs... do you see any yellow sponge or anything placed? and more importantly are ALL the ab plats made of HARD PLASTIC...

Um... touch the abs... are they hard or soft? That's what hard and soft abs mean... DCD abs are hard plastic, like seriously hard, no squish to them at all. We can't tell by looking at it, you gotta feel it...

i dont want to remove the belt and lift the rubber up... Is the not a visual difference between the soft and hard abs?

ok i will touch test the abs now. Thanx

ok just tested them... They are soft... So its the soft rubber abs... Now the clear shiny oil layer that forms on the abs... Is that the rubber breaking down or the lubrication used to get the rubber suit over the body?

i have had the figure for a while already so i dont want any trouble... I will probly just sell him and maybe get a hard ab version later.

Last edited:

well the deal is that the soft rubber is NOT the DCD Batch so your seller was misinformed and so were you... I had a similar situation where I too ended up with a leaky body, however my seller was very cooperative and he sent me a replacement and I shipped him the leaky body back... The figure is great, amazing! I too didnt wanna par with him but I suggest you try get your money back and buy a proper DCD Batch figure which will last you longer...

leaky bats = disintergrating inside... which will reflect on the outside too...

can some1 please help me out with this.
I bought my dx batman loose from a member here. He told me that it was from the dcd batch with the hard plastic abs... But after i had the figure displayed for about 2weeks i noticed that the 4 main triangle abs are a bit shiny... I just wiped it clean and there was no dark rubber residue... Almost no residue at all... It was clear... After about a week it was shiny again.... now this made me think that the freak sold me a version1 dx with the soft abs... I didnt contact him because its a dam cool figure besides the abs issue.
Now i am including a picture here if my figures abs. Can some1 just tell me if its the soft rubber abs or the hard plastic abs that my figure has? Thanx. Picture is in my next post.

ok just tested them... They are soft... So its the soft rubber abs... Now the clear shiny oil layer that forms on the abs... Is that the rubber breaking down or the lubrication used to get the rubber suit over the body?

So apparently you missed the whole entire thread about the DX02 leaking and bought one anyway? :lol

well the deal is that the soft rubber is NOT the DCD Batch so your seller was misinformed and so were you... I had a similar situation where I too ended up with a leaky body, however my seller was very cooperative and he sent me a replacement and I shipped him the leaky body back... The figure is great, amazing! I too didnt wanna par with him but I suggest you try get your money back and buy a proper DCD Batch figure which will last you longer...

leaky bats = disintergrating inside... which will reflect on the outside too...

All of the runs leak and I'm not entirely sure that every single "DCD" release had hard abs. That's just an assumption Freaks are making (just like HT fixed the problem). Nobody really knows how far along HT was in the DCD run when the leaking issues started being reported. What we do know is that hard or soft, the DCD run still has leaking issues.

Back