1/6 Hot Toys - The Flash - Batman and Batcycle Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really holding myself back for PO’ing this because I can’t support the way they mistreated Batfleck, AGAIN.
View attachment 658448

I know I’m going to prefer this suit over the tactical one. As a stand-alone figure, this looks more like classic Batman and I love the Justice League cowl.

I think more and more people are finally realising the potential which Warners screwed up here over many many years.

What Gunn is doing no-none asked for. It will certainly fail, if it even gets made.

In the end it comes back to executives who think they know what the audience wants. They don't.

I would think so. The worst case scenario is to cut the lower face off a Bruce Wayne 3rd party sculpt.
I'm only getting this if custom Batfleck faceplates are available.

Even then I'll still not be 100% sold, as this movie shows the disarray that Warners has been in and is still in. For that reason it might be a pass.

If Affleck was screwed around (which it sounds like) and they force all figures to look like the stunt double (no disrespect to him) then do I really want to own a semi-Batfleck figure ?

Even then I'll still not be 100% sold, as this movie shows the disarray that Warners has been in and is still in. For that reason it might be a pass.

If Affleck was screwed around (which it sounds like) and they force all figures to look like the stunt double (no disrespect to him) then do I really want to own a semi-Batfleck figure ?
It's quite interesting. Did Affleck not want to sign his likeness because of the mistreatment or did WB just say **** you, if you're being difficult we just use your double.

The Flash not being Snyderverse is my main reason for not getting this. If it looked just like that black prototype image I would be very tempted. To get it there from how it looks now I feel would be a lot of work. Work that I'd rather spend making other versions look more accurate.

It's quite interesting. Did Affleck not want to sign his likeness because of the mistreatment or did WB just say **** you, if you're being difficult we just use your double.
I read he waived his rights in the film. i.e I think it didn't count as an appearance in his contract. He wasn't even in the credits.

If he's in the movie I don't think the studio could remove him from the credits and other scenes etc.

Either way, considering what he said about never ever wanting to work with what Gunn is doing it says enough for me to read between the lines.

My thinking is he went in and did his appearance way earlier on and was OK with it. Then Gunn and the studio came in and were trying to change it around. He didn't want to be part of that, so distanced himself as much as he could.

The Flash not being Snyderverse is my main reason for not getting this. If it looked just like that black prototype image I would be very tempted. To get it there from how it looks now I feel would be a lot of work. Work that I'd rather spend making other versions look more accurate.
But it is Snyderverse? When Flash travels back in the, you see a scene of Aquaman pointing towards the Flash in ZSJL if I remember correctly.

I'd say they just take a loss. There are many where I've thought "really" you're going to make that which literally no one was asking for.

1). Hellboy
2). Those artistic versions of IronMan

the list goes on.

God knows, they make a killing on simpler figures like Star Wars troopers etc. so they have to be ahead in the end.
Speak for yourself I wanted Hellboy. Lmao

But it is Snyderverse? When Flash travels back in the, you see a scene of Aquaman pointing towards the Flash in ZSJL if I remember correctly.
Granted, The Flash does use ZSJL as its canon that is true.
Snyderverse means Snyder has input and his plans stay intact. Well to me anyway. The Flash does neither.

James Gunn at the top of his game bringing in Clooney as Batman......

even George jokes about playing Batman (only a 1 min clip).

Funny how slightly different angles of this suit make it or break it. Different takes/camera angles could have made this look much better.

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 08.04.07.png
Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 08.04.14.png

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 08.05.16.png

Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 08.05.00.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 08.04.20.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 08.04.20.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 08.05.09.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 08.05.09.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 08.05.25.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 08.05.25.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 08.05.36.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 08.05.36.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Suit looks fine...when you can't see the weird hexagon shapes and the buckles. The more darker blue in BTS looks way better as well.

Shame how post-production ruined this suit.

I still think they should've dropped the plates and went full fabric. The regular suit underneath those plates looks like a neat evolution of his regular BvS / ZSJL suit.

I still think they should've dropped the plates and went full fabric. The regular suit underneath those plates looks like a neat evolution of his regular BvS / ZSJL suit.
I thought the opposite - the BvS / ZSJL suit was supposed to mimic a skin tight thin fabric. This looks like a rubber suit, which is devolutionary imo.

I thought the opposite - the BvS / ZSJL suit was supposed to mimic a skin tight thin fabric. This looks like a rubber suit, which is devolutionary imo.
Nope still a fabric suit underneath but sadly with all the stuff on top it diminishes the look.

I think you meant fabric as in it's not a rubber suit like Keaton's. But it is a much thicker material suit that's typical of the superhero costumes. Not like the thin appearance from the previous ones with the stretchy marks mimicking skin tight fitting and thin fabric.

iu

iu

Here's a black and silver version of the suit he wore while supposedly filming the original post credit scene. Still not my favorite suit, but I feel like the black would have muted the wierd honeycomb design a bit.
This movie definitely wasn't the send off for him I was hoping for :confused:
View attachment 650405
View attachment 650406
That Bruce Wayne side profile though 🥲🥲

Back