1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

i have had the figure for a while already so i dont want any trouble... I will probly just sell him and maybe get a hard ab version later.

If you can wait it out, and do without the DX accessories, I'd recommend waiting for a new dark knight costume from the TDKR license instead. I'm pretty sure it would happen at this point. I've checked my DX figure, and I am fortunate that I still don't have any problems with oil (bought straight from BBTS). But with how much these figures are going for these days I wouldn't risk it buying from someone who could potentially rip you off.

erm guys i asked the buyer if it was from the dcd batch and if there were any leaks and he said dcd batch. Hard abs. No leaks... And i bought the figure about 3 - 4 months ago... So animagizine dont post to make me look like an idiot please i dont like it. I was just double checking as i have read of even dcd versions of the figure leaking oil.

erm guys i asked the buyer if it was from the dcd batch and if there were any leaks and he said dcd batch. Hard abs. No leaks... And i bought the figure about 3 - 4 months ago... So animagizine dont post to make me look like an idiot please i dont like it. I was just double checking as i have read of even dcd versions of the figure leaking oil.

You should've done a bit more research then. "It's the DCD batch" guarantees you nothing more than that it was distributed by DCD. There've even been several posts in this thread discussing how even the DCD run leaks. It's a shame you got shafted, but given you were already familiar with the leaks, and hardly a new member, you had the means to simply post and ask. :huh

I'd say at this point, you're either stuck with a leaky figure, port it off on ebay just as dishonestly and pray you don't get caught, or contact the seller about his/her fraudulent sale and hope they're honest enough to give you a refund.

and have you guys noticed that whenever a dx batman gets sold its always dcd batch no oil leaks... What happend to all the non dcd figures... Surely all of them were not returned to hot toys for replacements... Am i the only 1 that has a soft rubber abs dx batman? @ magazine... I had the cash so i bought the figure coz i wanted to see how good the dx bats was... And when i had it and noticed the shiny abs i just didnt want to part with the figure... I have it for sale now listed that it is the soft abs version... But i will probly get a hard abs version in the future... But whats the point since they also mite leak oil.

i will just put him up on ebay as soon as i get the dx02 stand that i bought from void... And i will list it as soft rubber abs version... Dont wana screw any1 over.

and have you guys noticed that whenever a dx batman gets sold its always dcd batch no oil leaks... What happend to all the non dcd figures... Surely all of them were not returned to hot toys for replacements... Am i the only 1 that has a soft rubber abs dx batman? @ magazine... I had the cash so i bought the figure coz i wanted to see how good the dx bats was... And when i had it and noticed the shiny abs i just didnt want to part with the figure... I have it for sale now listed that it is the soft abs version... But i will probly get a hard abs version in the future... But whats the point since they also mite leak oil.

Yup. The dishonesty was also something well discussed. People have that excuse that, because of HT fanboy hype, instantly makes the general public think the figure is fixed. My suggestion would just be to dump him and wait. We've already seen shots of the same costume in TDKR. Given HT's reputation for variants, we'll likely see this same suit with an updated headsculpt, or some other key selling point to get everyone to buy him, so I'd hold out for that. It might be a while yet, but it's better than buying another leaking figure.

6koker9 I dont understand that you dont feel the slightest bit 'cheated' when it happened, you asked for DCD Batch and NO Oil Leaks... you got a confirmation that YES it was according to your request. Now that you received something completely else, you want to just let it be?
Im pretty passive too but I paid good money when I bought my DX Bats off a member here, I too had the SAME situation, however I made sure I got what I paid for...

:dunno

i dont want to engage in trying to get my money back after i had the figure for so long... Id rather just sell it and take a bit of a loss moneywise.

lol... No we have spoken... Its not the 1 he returned... Other seller.

lol... No we have spoken... Its not the 1 he returned... Other seller.

You could always do what I did. I sent back my leaky DX and just picked up a regular V1 new suit (the MMS71). It's not as pretty but it's more than compensation in the fact that he's essentially worry free.

question... Why cant the dx go on the patpod... Abs has no ariculation?

ok, and the soft abs version... Would it go on the batpod?

Honestly even with the soft Abs you'll have a terrible time with the DX on the Batpod... its just NOT suited for the Batpod... the rubber WILL bunch up... and the stress will damage the suit

ok... Thanx for the info on that... Im thinking about getting the tumbler but its so dam expensive!

Since this forum is a very small number of the collecting world I wonder how wide spread this leaking problem actually is/was. It may seem like a lot on a concentrated forum but in the bigger picture may not be as bad, of course it could be worse as well. I've luckily not seen any problems with mine as of yet.

Since this forum is a very small number of the collecting world I wonder how wide spread this leaking problem actually is/was. It may seem like a lot on a concentrated forum but in the bigger picture may not be as bad, of course it could be worse as well. I've luckily not seen any problems with mine as of yet.

You also have to take into account that a larger part of the customer base likely has absolutely no clue what's happening vs. a small, tight-knit community which is overall more knowledgeable about the products, etc. Double that with the fact that every lying ass bastard on ebay who has a pre-DCD run has listed it as a DCD run and the problem's all but covered up for the layman.

Back