1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Having suffered from being given a wrong confirmation regarding what I wanted Id just like to say, that for the money we buy collectibles nowadays NO ONE should be happy with having a leaking figure (specially after being assured that its NOT). I probably wouldnt have noticed so soon as I got the figure that I was sold a pre DCD Batch (when I insisted for the DCD and told it was the DCD batch) if I didnt take picturs to display to the freaks. My DX02 was wierd. The LAST TWO AB PLATES were hard plastic the others werent, which confused me more.
But dude, why would you NOT want to set things right with the seller and get a replacement makes me wonder. Do you think there is going to be much demand or evena chance for you to get back what you spent if you list your Batman as LEAKY and put it up on Ebay? :dunno

Its the BEST figure I own...

the abs is a minor setback, but the main problem lies on the neck/magnet piece.

The head wont tilt upwards like the v1 TDK suit.

:dunno

P1140404.jpg

The nice thing about the magnet neck is that you can literally pose it any way you can think of.

P1140405.jpg

:lol

I think Hydeous meant that it won't stick in place looking upwards when gravity is against it.

EXAMPLE: If you try to pose the DX batman on the batpod, the head will refuse to look up (i know the body is not poseable enough to allow him to sit well on the batpod anyway).

Has the leaky abs problem been fixed in recent figures? I've never owned a DX02 as I'm still holding out for a new TDKR or 2.0, but is the Demon Batman supposed to be made out of the same material? I don't think I've heard of any problems with the Demon Batman yet.

Was there ever any official explanation regarding the leaky abs? I know it has to do with the rubber but something else must've been to blame as well. When rubber breaks down doesn't it just dry up and crack like an old rubber band or the elastic band on a pair of shorts? Maybe it had something to do with the reaction of the paint and the rubber? Either way it would've been good business practice to release some sort of statement regarding the issue. If this were an American company there surely would've been a recall and an explanation. Haven't checked on my DCD dx2 in almost a year, looks like I should.

Has the leaky abs problem been fixed in recent figures? I've never owned a DX02 as I'm still holding out for a new TDKR or 2.0, but is the Demon Batman supposed to be made out of the same material? I don't think I've heard of any problems with the Demon Batman yet.

Was there ever any official explanation regarding the leaky abs? I know it has to do with the rubber but something else must've been to blame as well. When rubber breaks down doesn't it just dry up and crack like an old rubber band or the elastic band on a pair of shorts? Maybe it had something to do with the reaction of the paint and the rubber? Either way it would've been good business practice to release some sort of statement regarding the issue. If this were an American company there surely would've been a recall and an explanation. Haven't checked on my DCD dx2 in almost a year, looks like I should.

There's a whole thread on this guys. I know it's abnoxiously long, especially with all the fanboy posts denying the problem even existed at first trolling and calling everybody who had leaks, crybabies, slanderers, etc, but if you can cut through that, it's very informative and will give you just about all you'll need to know and expect when purchasing a rubber suited figure from HT.

i've just receiving my dx-02 Batman... it's my first dx and it's a marvellous item. Unfortunately on the right arm biceps there's a small defect... anyone know how to fix it? My seller suggested me to use a decal softner, but i'm not sure how to proced.

Thanks

I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, but what's the best way to attach one of the custom capes? Thanks

I'm sure it's in this thread somewhere, but what's the best way to attach one of the custom capes? Thanks

I just took one of those little precision screwdrivers and tucked the tabs into the holes in the armor where the stock cape goes. It's seemed to stay in fine.

I think Hydeous meant that it won't stick in place looking upwards when gravity is against it.

EXAMPLE: If you try to pose the DX batman on the batpod, the head will refuse to look up(i know the body is not poseable enough to allow him to sit well on the batpod anyway).

Which is why I assumed he meant something else.

Regardless:

P1140406.jpg

Honestly, there is plenty of things to fault when it comes to articulation, but the neck magnet is not one of them imo. And even if the neck did slide down in the above position all it would take would be sticking a little pebble or something in there to keep it back.

I just took one of those little precision screwdrivers and tucked the tabs into the holes in the armor where the stock cape goes. It's seemed to stay in fine.

Exactly what I do. :lecture

P1140404.jpg

The nice thing about the magnet neck is that you can literally pose it any way you can think of.

P1140405.jpg

:lol

EXAMPLE: If you try to pose the DX batman on the batpod, the head will refuse to look up (i know the body is not poseable enough to allow him to sit well on the batpod anyway).

:lecture I mean when you place it vertically (when riding the pod). The head will look downwards.

sorry, i've forgotten to attach a picture of the defect...
it's on the rear right biceps
here it is
dscf5992n.jpg

anyone knows a way to fix it?
Mi seller told me to try to use a decal softener, anyone ave tried it?

Thanks

sorry, i've forgotten to attach a picture of the defect...
it's on the rear right biceps
here it is
dscf5992n.jpg

anyone knows a way to fix it?
Mi seller told me to try to use a decal softener, anyone ave tried it?

Thanks

That's a result of leaking. PM Vodoun and ask him how to fix the armor on the biceps to prevent further damage.

Isn't he a lot more level than that on the Bat Pod, like near horizontal? :lol

:lecture what he said

Nah, he's head wouldn't be tilted up any more than that.

112_0807_01z+batman_the_dark_knight_vehicles+bat_pod.jpg

batpod-1.jpg

Mine just flops back down when I do that :dunno

Well, like I said, if it does flop down it would be easy to just stick something under the head peice to hold it back.

It's a silly debate though because the suit doesn't allow for a bat-pod pose anyway. But my point is it's not the magnet neck that is at fault.

I love the magnet neck. :)

Haha ok Mag we understand your magnet neck love now lol

Yes - pointless debate indeed! What SSF is best at LOL

Back