Mission Impossible 6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In preparation for this, I started re-watching the previous ones. I was amazed at how different the first movie was from the later ones - they really upped the quality starting in 3.

In preparation for this, I started re-watching the previous ones. I was amazed at how different the first movie was from the later ones - they really upped the quality starting in 3.

Agree about part 3 but I do like the first one dated as it is, that CIA break in was the iconic template it needed to be. How does the second one look now? Is it as bad as everyone says? I haven’t seen it since it was released.

Seeing this Thursday night. Looks awesome!

I think MI2 was good, just had too much slo-mo. This one was after Matrix, so perhaps Woo had to get all those shots in there. It could've been more faster paced, just too many emphasized effects used. Otherwise, some awesome action and an awesome soundtrack to boot!

Seeing this Thursday night. Looks awesome!

I think MI2 was good, just had too much slo-mo. This one was after Matrix, so perhaps Woo had to get all those shots in there. It could've been more faster paced, just too many emphasized effects used. Otherwise, some awesome action and an awesome soundtrack to boot!

2 was such a large departure in tone from the 1st one. It was all over the top action in Matrix style. I think they did a pretty good job of blending action and storylines from 3 on. I thought 2 was more of a typical John Woo movie than a MI flick.

MI3 had the best villain -- except for his silly "Speed-style" death. Rolling him out into the street, really?

I think MI5 has been my favorite so far.

Agree about part 3 but I do like the first one dated as it is, that CIA break in was the iconic template it needed to be. How does the second one look now? Is it as bad as everyone says? I haven’t seen it since it was released.

Don't get me wrong, I love the first one still. Like you said, that CIA break in was awesome - TOAST. The second works as an over the top John Woo flick. Still enjoyable as that, but doesn't match up well with the other ones in the series.

source.gif

I'm ready.

Was going to see this today but couldn't make it so Monday will do.

I don't understand how over 20 years and 6 movies in, the series continues to get better -- with no reboots or recastings either for crying out loud. It's baffling but other franchises could learn a thing or two from MI.

Unanimously be hailed as the best movie of the summer and one of the best practical action movies ever.

Nice but Ghost Protocol for me didn’t live up to that similar hype so that gives me pause on Fallout.

I guess i’m just not really into this franchise.

Saw 1 obviously was entertaining back in the day but 2 was horrible

3 was ok I guess not hard following 2.

Rogue was the best so far for me but that’s really not saying much because plot and villains are still forgettable.

But now i’m curious about 6 especially on Imax lol

Cavill just might be the only actor in any superhero movie to have a great career post donning a costume.

Last edited:
I guess i’m just not really into this franchise.

Same. These movies are only slightly above the F&F franchise for me. I saw MI and MI:2 in the theaters but then skipped MI:3 and Ghost Protocol (the latter of which I still haven't seen, even on television.) I saw Rogue Nation on the big screen and thought it was decent but really only because of Rebecca Ferguson. I doubt I'll catch the new one in the theater regardless of any hype. Like you said these films just don't really grab me.

The hype for this is HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :lol

Spend the $80 on Fallout or save that money for a collectible decisions decisions lol

If this opens big at least Cavill will have some major leverage on WB for his current contract negotiations taking place for Superman.

Jye be like: Hmm should I spend $80 on a well reviewed action movie or waste it all on another 3 steelbooks that I don't need.

:lol

Cavill just might be the only actor in any superhero movie to have a great career post donning a costume.

Grace doesn't think he's a very good actor. She said that he's got a great look to be a movie star, but once he starts talking in the movie, you realize why he isn't more famous, unlike the biggest (not literally) movie star of all time, Tom Cruise. :)

I think Cavill should be the next James Bond.

Back